Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
There are many hotels in NY in the 60-70,000 range.

Since you were thinking of spending time DT FI/DI (the Conrad), why not look for weekend cash rates at many of the many Hilton properties down there (we liked the location of the Millenium Hilton to explore downtown, right across from the 9/11 Museum, we paid $119 on a weekend last July), then use your points for pricier weeknight stays midtown or wherever. Yes, I'm suggesting splitting the hotel stay, but to me the price of a taxi ride would be worth it to maximize the best combo of paid/award.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
There are many hotels in NY in the 60-70,000 range.

Since you were thinking of spending time DT FI/DI (the Conrad), why not look for weekend cash rates at many of the many Hilton properties down there (we liked the location of the Millenium Hilton to explore downtown, right across from the 9/11 Museum, we paid $119 on a weekend last July), then use your points for pricier weeknight stays midtown or wherever. Yes, I'm suggesting splitting the hotel stay, but to me the price of a taxi ride would be worth it to maximize the best combo of paid/award.
FWIW, those two hotels are quite close to each ther - easily walkable.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:56 pm

Which, if any, NYC properties offer golds/diamonds free breakfast to a party of four (2 adults, 2 children)? Do Hampton Inns and Embassy Suites offer breakfast for a family of four? Or is there a limit of breakfast for two guests at any NYC property?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:15 pm

Traveling via EWR, have a 7pm flight out weekday. If I want "easy" ride to EWR and a hotel with pool is Millennium downtown my best bet?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paradox
Which, if any, NYC properties offer golds/diamonds free breakfast to a party of four (2 adults, 2 children)? Do Hampton Inns and Embassy Suites offer breakfast for a family of four? Or is there a limit of breakfast for two guests at any NYC property?
Hampton and Embassy offer breakfast to everyone staying in the room. Homewood Suites as well.

You might see if the Hilton Garden Inns either have an inexpensive child buffet option or will just comp it for Gold/Diamonds. I've had mixed results when I've stayed with family at HGI, but more often than not they've just given me extra breakfast coupons. At HGI's that have charged me, the kids' rate was something like $7-10. YMMV...I've stayed in a few of the NYC HGI's, but none of these specific hotels with kids.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by ldfernald
Traveling via EWR, have a 7pm flight out weekday. If I want "easy" ride to EWR and a hotel with pool is Millennium downtown my best bet?
IMO, the easiest spot to stay if you're flying out of EWR is near Penn Station in Midtown, where you can take NJ Transit right to Newark Airport, going NJ Transit -> EWR Air Train. The Millennium is not horrible, but you'll have to take a Path subway (that will be pack at 4:00 on a weekday) and connect to a NJ Transit commuter train (for like 5 minutes) and then the EWR air train.

I'm not sure how the pool is at the Millennium, but it is a fantastic hotel.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by hi55us
The Millennium is not horrible, but you'll have to take a Path subway (that will be pack at 4:00 on a weekday) and connect to a NJ Transit commuter train (for like 5 minutes) and then the EWR air train.
PATH to the #62 NJ Transit bus involves one less change and is also an ption. But PATH at 4pm could be crowded.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Is the midtown Hilton and the Doubletree times square the only two Hiltons in NYC currently charging the resort fee or are there others?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Aeromexico Platinum and AA Exec Platinum
Best Gym at NYC Hilton Property

Has anyone stayed at a Hilton property in NYC midtown with a good gym?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:29 pm

Request for help about Hotel in New York

Hi Folks,

Need urgent help for a short notice trip to New York.
Its from 20-23 April, and I'll be coming in from Boston (train? car rental? undecided) & flying out from JFK.

I'm a Diamond with Hilton as well as a Plat with both Marriott & SPG.
Looking for a great location to do some touristy stuff as a first timer, at a property that
provides benefits like complimentary breakfasts, decent/great room upgrades,
and accessible to the subway (Is this important to NY?)
Availability of an Executive Lounge, etc will be great bonuses.

I was about to select the Conrad New York (abt USD290/night) but read that its about a 13 mins walk to the
nearest subway, so I held back and hope that some help from the community will help me make a choice soon.

Thanks very much!!

Squzair
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Not sure where you read the Conrad is 13 minutes from the closest subway, it is only a few blocks. The subway is usually the fastest way to get around Manhattan, lyft/uber/taxi work too.

Personally I would take a train to NYC, Conrad is an easy 10-15 minute subway ride from Penn Station. Millenium Hilton is a few blocks away and has a subway stop directly in front of it.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Not sure where you read the Conrad is 13 minutes from the closest subway, it is only a few blocks. The subway is usually the fastest way to get around Manhattan, lyft/uber/taxi work too.

Personally I would take a train to NYC, Conrad is an easy 10-15 minute subway ride from Penn Station. Millenium Hilton is a few blocks away and has a subway stop directly in front of it.
Dear BrlDisguise,

Thanks for pointing out that there is a subway a few blocks away ... must hv been confused about some other place then.

So, perhaps the Millenium is better located, but are they generous with Diamond members?

Cheers!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Squzair
Dear BrlDisguise,

Thanks for pointing out that there is a subway a few blocks away ... must hv been confused about some other place then.

So, perhaps the Millenium is better located, but are they generous with Diamond members?

Cheers!
Some years ago, the Millennium was generous with Gold members, so they must be generous with Diamond members. Just do a search for the Millennium and you will get all the comments you need.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
There are so many choices it is unreal.

My go to property in Manhattan is Hilton Times Square. But it is a little pricey for those dates (they all are not cheap and they vary a lot). I just stayed at Hilton Grand Central last night. It's OK.

I can't fathom anyplace in Manhattan that is 13 minutes to walk to the subway. Someone may tell me otherwise.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
The Conrad is all the way on the west side, on the river, hence the 10-15 minute walk to the subway. I have not stayed there but worked in the area for several years. I would not choose it for a touristy stay as its location is not desirable relative to other HH options. YMMV..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.