Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Also the Doubletree Times Square has a similar set-up.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Also the Doubletree Times Square has a similar set-up.
We've booked this hotel for 4-to-a-room before. Very roomy by NYC standards!!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I've also booked the doubletree suited in Jersey City which is perfect for 4 adults. Got upgraded to the river view and got 4 full breakfast vouchers (as a DM on the weekend).
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Thank you for the tips!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Any NYC properties that offer 50% off second room for kids?

Looking to find any of the NYC hotels that have a second room at half price policy.

Anyone aware of any?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
As an alternative you could try the DT Times Square suites. I have found the sofa bed fine for my 7 and 11 year old.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:01 pm

Best Hilton group for NYC using voucher

Edited

Last edited by dansound; Jul 5, 2022 at 4:31 pm
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:48 pm

Not familiar with this particular voucher product; is it similar to the Citi ones, good for a weekend night at more or less any Hilton property?

The general position is that there isn't any one fantastic Hilton-family property in NYC. I agree with this. People like the Millenium Hilton, the Conrad, and the DT TS. However none of these really is up to the standard of a "great" property. No Exec lounge, etc.

Personally in NYC I like to spend cash unless I must be there at a time when rates are astronomical. I save my free night vouchers for places where I'll get a truly great experience. Do your travels take you anywhere that these might be better spent?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:32 am

Edited

Last edited by dansound; Jul 5, 2022 at 4:31 pm
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:41 am

Sometimes the hotels in Boston (financial district, back bay) can be exorbitantly priced, in which case use of a cert is a good $ value. However, the properties are nothing to write home about really.

There isn't anything in the northeastern US that is generally considered a top-notch Hilton family property, frankly.

If you have to burn on a limited time frame, just look for the highest $ value that you would have to otherwise incur out of pocket, and replace that...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Not familiar with this particular voucher product; is it similar to the Citi ones, good for a weekend night at more or less any Hilton property?

The general position is that there isn't any one fantastic Hilton-family property in NYC. I agree with this. People like the Millenium Hilton, the Conrad, and the DT TS. However none of these really is up to the standard of a "great" property. No Exec lounge, etc.

Personally in NYC I like to spend cash unless I must be there at a time when rates are astronomical. I save my free night vouchers for places where I'll get a truly great experience. Do your travels take you anywhere that these might be better spent?
It probably won't get you into the HGVC timeshare at W57 (although certainly no lounge or breakfast), but I've stayed at the Hilton over by Radio City Music Hall. I believe that's the New York Hilton Midtown. I don't recall if it had an executive lounge (had an executive floor as we got upgraded with the continental breakfast). But that was years ago.

Hilton Garden inn (Times Square Central) is OK (rooms are small), but with gold (you're diamond) I got free breakfast and the bonus points (was only supposed to be one). Stayed last year during that horrible sweat fest in July. Ugh.

Doubletree times square is OK, (this was long ago), but thought it wasn't as "newly updated".

I like to stay at the ones with the "free" breakfasts as it helps offset costs. Although you can find some diners almost anywhere for a low-cost breakfast. The restaurant in the Hilton Garden Inn had very good food and drinks, although a tad pricey.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
New York Hotels-Best for Diamond members

Hi,

Im going to new york in a couple of weeks and have a choice of Hiltons in the city. As a diamond member Id like to get as many benefits as possible. Im currently booked in Doubletree Metro, but can cancel if any better options arise.

Any advice on the best exec floor, breakfasts, upgrades would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

F118
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
This forum has a general NYC Hilton thread, the post-2014 edition of which you can find here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...usa-us-ny.html

If you search for "diamond" (or other relevant search terms for the information you're seeking), you should find some useful information such as around this post regarding breakfasts.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
If you're looking for a room in NYC it's a big area... if you're doing the tourist "thing" and want to be in the Times Square area then the Doubletree is a good choice, you'll get a nice-sized room (relative to other hotels in the area) and breakfast along with a good (central) location. Lots of hotel choices in NYC though...
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I stayed at the Hilton Times Square and Conrad when I was there last month. Conrad was a little disappointing but the Hilton was a good experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.