Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:20 pm

I'm thinking about a trip to NY for the fourth of July. Is there any property with good views of fireworks from the room? If so, what's the best property?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
I'm thinking about a trip to NY for the fourth of July. Is there any property with good views of fireworks from the room? If so, what's the best property?
The Macy's fireworks are not in the same place every year. Sometimes they are on the Hudson, and sometimes they are on the East River (opposite sides of Manhattan). And there is no rhyme or reason to when (in other words, it's not a consistent taking turns). And to make matters worse, they don't announce the location until really late - something like May or June.

Sorry I can't really tell you which hotels are closest to each river with unobstructed views (no other buildings in the way). I will tell you that one year, way back when they were ALWAYS on the Hudson, we saw them from the Sheraton in Weehawken, NJ, with a perfect view.
Troopers likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
New York City Hotel Recommendation

We are thinking a family (2 adult 1 child) trip for a long weekend to NYC next summer. I was looking for recommendations of where to stay. Stay would be most likely with points and/or free weekend night certificate. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:54 am

Smile NYC with almost 6 yr old

Would use an award night and add 2 additional nights with another program (IHG). Which is the best hotel that would have a sofa bed or allow a roll away, have no resort fees on reward nights and a great free breakfast (for Gold).
Guessing we would do central park and AMNH, next day, Intrepid and a show and then one day children's museum of the arts and one world observatory.

Anything close to say the south end of CP (near Heckscher) may be a good option as I may have to work in the AM so easy access for my mom or husband to take the kids. TIA.

Last edited by chaigirl; Nov 16, 2018 at 8:26 am
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:33 pm

Not much to go on here... so you want one night at a Hilton and 2 nights at some other place. Given your itinerary and not much else, try one night at the Hilton Garden Inn Central Park South-Midtown West up near 54th st. You can usually get 2 Queen beds... you mention one child but total in party is not stated so why a roll away is needed is unclear. Use that as the base to go to Central Park and the Children's Museum. For the other 2 nights try a location more downtown as your other places you want to go are farther south.

Good luck!
chaigirl likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:22 am

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
I'd go for the Conrad in the Battery Park area. It's an all-suite hotel. Make sure to ask for a suite with a pull-out sofa in the living room, then your child will feel like royalty in his/her own room. :-)
Adelphos likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by jreichel
I'd go for the Conrad in the Battery Park area. It's an all-suite hotel. Make sure to ask for a suite with a pull-out sofa in the living room, then your child will feel like royalty in his/her own room. :-)
I'm going there with a family of three in the next few weeks on an all-points stay. Went for the two doubles. Was at the Doubletree Suites in Times Square last year. Also a nice hotel with a sofa bed, though it is pricey (point cost is higher than the Conrad).
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:58 am

Thanks. The ones I looked at had a king or 2 twins or 2 fulls. We may also have a 2 yr old niece with us (not sure).

Have no category limit for this one.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by jreichel
How is the location for getting around the city?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, AMEX Plat (Marriott Gold), AMEX Hilton Aspire (Hilton Diamond)
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck

How is the location for getting around the city?
it's walking distance to World Trade Center and the transit center/ fulton street station complex, which include basically (almost) every subway line in NYC
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by chaigirl
Thanks. The ones I looked at had a king or 2 twins or 2 fulls. We may also have a 2 yr old niece with us (not sure).

Have no category limit for this one.
With just 3 nights why do you want to switch hotels/chains? If you just do, what other chain do you collect points with?
chaigirl likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
If you want to be in walking distance to tourist sites the main Hilton on 6th Ave can't be beat.
chaigirl likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:21 am

Thanks - anniversary nights expiring. The other would be IHG. Would the Conrad be a good choice since so close to One world observatory, and closer to staten island ferry/transit museum than midtown. My brother liked the hotel.

Last edited by chaigirl; Nov 16, 2018 at 8:34 am
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by dpy940307
it's walking distance to World Trade Center and the transit center/ fulton street station complex, which include basically (almost) every subway line in NYC
Thanks. Sounds pretty good. What would be the best way to get there from LGA? Taxi? Uber/Lyft? Public Transit?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by chaigirl
Thanks - anniversary nights expiring. The other would be IHG. Would the Conrad be a good choice since so close to One world observatory, and closer to staten island ferry/transit museum than midtown. My brother liked the hotel.
Ah, perfect reason (expiring points).

I've never stayed at the Conrad but you'll have more living space. It is close to everything downtown, so I'd do that for the free night then maybe move your IHG nights to another area for a different perspective.

Are you talking about the Transit Museum in Brooklyn or something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.