Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
some incredibly low redemption rates available at the hgi times square central in feb....managed to book a room for a couple of nights for 28k points a night....
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
What NYC hotels have large (or average if they were located elsewhere) size rooms? Location isn’t important other than in Manhattan.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: QF SG
The Conrad is very spacious with separate living room. The Doubletree Times Square is also an all suite hotel.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by flyou10
What NYC hotels have large (or average if they were located elsewhere) size rooms? Location isn’t important other than in Manhattan.
I think the Hilton Times Square standard room size is generally considered good for Midtown? I wrote about my stay here, in the respective property thread.

The Conrad down in Battery Park is a converted Embassy Suites so also has standard rooms with large footprint, but the service was awful on my last stay a few years back.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gengar
I think the Hilton Times Square standard room size is generally considered good for Midtown? I wrote about my stay here, in the respective property thread.

The Conrad down in Battery Park is a converted Embassy Suites so also has standard rooms with large footprint, but the service was awful on my last stay a few years back.

Conrad has the most space being 430 sq ft suites. The Hilton Times Square has a rooms starting around 330 sq ft which is spacious for NY. Doubletree Suites Times Square has slightly small suites than the Conrad but I much prefer Hilton Times Square, great staff and its just off Times Square not in the center of all the craziness and people.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
The London NYC in midtown is also an all-suite property. I believe the standard suite is about 500 square feet.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Thanks! I will look into these!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Smile DoubleTree Times Square - $126.75

Travelzoo is running a Sale on this hotel for $169 a night as a Top 20. https://www.travelzoo.com/hotel-book...-times-square/

Hilton will match+25% off it if you book a regular king suite.

Mods, feel free to move to Hotel Deals...
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:20 pm
jxd

You can get $120-ish rates at the hilton times square, much better imo.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I like my $99 at the Hilton in Tudor City.

Primary benefit of that hotel being that it's not in Times Square... And it's small and wholly unattractive to tourists and large groups.

That said, the DT TS eliminates one common Manhattan issue: the tiny or oddly-shaped rooms. If you need space, it's a very good choice.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:49 am

Yeah NYC hotel rooms can be quite cheap in January...holidays over, biz travel hasn't really kicked back in, and it's freezing cold. Plenty of supply to sell off.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
In a way, it's my favorite time to go. Other than the 20% chance that a snowstorm completely f's up the airports for three days, it's a great time to be there because nobody else is.

I'm just there for work, but I'm guessing if you're a tourist who wants to visit indoor museums without the crowds, it's probably good for that too.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
A little OT but i used a Citi cert for this property for NYE for an out of town friend this year (well it was a weekend night ). The paid rate was ~$3,000. I was chuffed as they say. But then my friend arrived at 6 pm and didn't leave the property until morning as it was such a zoo in the surrounding area. Apparently the hotel staff was warning guests about going out (bitter cold and inability to get back easily.) Oh what fun.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
A little OT but i used a Citi cert for this property for NYE for an out of town friend this year (well it was a weekend night ). The paid rate was ~$3,000. I was chuffed as they say. But then my friend arrived at 6 pm and didn't leave the property until morning as it was such a zoo in the surrounding area. Apparently the hotel staff was warning guests about going out (bitter cold and inability to get back easily.) Oh what fun.
I will give Hilton/Citi credit for honoring the certificate in that case. There are so many cases where hotels or chains place caveats on awards to prevent them from being used in high-value places.

Times Square on NYE isn't appealing to me, but I'm glad to hear the cert worked for people who wanted to use it there. ^
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:52 pm

Hilton hotels in NYC

Hi everyone

I'm planning a 5 night stay in NYC in the middle of May. I'm a Hilton Honours Diamond member so would like to make the most of that and stay in a Hilton. I'm visiting the new Conrad in Fort Lauderdale Florida before NYC and have used most of my points for that stay and only have 200,000 remaining. I'll use these points for 1 or 2 of the NYC nights and pay cash for the remaining nights.
I've never visited NYC before and despite having researched it for the last couple of nights, can't decide on which hotel to go for. I think I've narrowed it down to:
1.) Conrad close to Battery Park: looks like the nicest hotel but worst in terms of location, also most expensive. I like spending time in the hotel bar and the bars here look good. Also no exec lounge
2.) Millennium Hilton 1 UN Plaza: newly renovated, has an exec lounge, some reviews say location is OK but others say it's a far out. Limited bar and dining options in hotel but looks like there are some places close by. Also appears to have great views
3.) Hilton N.Y. Midtown: location better than 1 and 2 without being in the real busy Times Square. Also has an Exec lounge. Not sure about bar/dining options. Some rooms receive bad reviews but I think there's a mixture of newly renovated rooms and older tired rooms
4.) Hilton Times Square: no exec lounge and probably in too busy a location for my liking although reviews seem to suggest it's a nicer hotel than Midtown

As you can probably tell...I'm indecisive but under pressure from my other half to make a decision!
Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom and happy to hear about any other Hilton hotels I've not mentioned.

cheers
Alan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.