Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2002, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Any recommendations on the HH hotels in Nashville or places to avoid? Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2002, 9:00 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
It's a big city. It depends on where you want to be. Tell me where in town you're heading.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
If you want to be in the middle of all the touristy/trashy places, then the Hilton Suites downtown is the place for you. Brand new, 2 blocks from the "district" (place for Hard Rock Cafe, Wildhorse Saloon, Printer's Alley, Ryman Auditorium.

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm gettting there fast.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:19 pm

Hey, guys, if you are attending anything
at/near Opryland Hotel or Gaylord
Entertainment Center, the HGI at the
airport is perfect for you as you will
right in the vacinity of Briley Parkway,
the main route to travel to Opryland or
Gaylord. The $69 rate is a good one
if the breakfast is included (FOR GOLD).
You can get to each of the major inter-
states from airport to all parts of town
easitly.

Send an email if you have any more questions.

[This message has been edited by Way2honest (edited 02-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Way2honest (edited 02-24-2002).]
Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:21 pm

Been to BNA many times. IF you don't want
to stay in town and want to stay in other
areas, ie, Briley Parkway, let me know and
I will try to steer you around.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 6:03 am

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
Can't say that I know my way around Nashville all that well, but I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Green Hills a couple times, and it was great. Nice staff, upgraded me without asking, and by far, one of the nicest HIs I've ever seen.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I will have a car so I could stay either downtown, airport or Opryland (conference will be held here)...assuming all these places are within half hour from each other. The Garden Inn at the airport has a great $69 rate for the dates I will be there, anyone stayed there? I am just basically looking for places to avoid, great experiences (including Gold upgrades) etc.

Thanks for the replies so far!

George
Old Feb 19, 2002, 10:02 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Opryland is right near the airport, so you'll be fine with the HGI there. It s nice and clean--standard HGI.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 2:01 pm

I am currently looking for information on Hilton property in Nashville as well. I am looking for 4/12-4/14...all the downtown rooms are booked according to hilton.com...there is a confrence in town which must be taking up most rooms. I am not part of the confrence but need a room near the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Anyone have any advice considering I can't seem to find a room downtown...? Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2002, 3:50 pm

The Hilton Suites in Brentwood is very nice. It's just over the border from Nashville (to the south), and is a short ride from downtown via I65.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 3:57 pm

We too have enjoyed Brentwood Hilton Suites. Believe all balcony rooms have two double beds. One night we had an airline delay and didn't arrive until around 1000 the next day. We had previously cancelled our reservation for Friday night (on that Friday night about 2100.) When we arrived we were able to go ahead check in and get breakfast alho we were'nt paying guests until Saturday Night. Their assistance in our problem was appreciated.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 5:11 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
The Hilton Suites in Brentwood is very nice. It only has a small surprise in the backyard. Someone who works here stayed there last month, and when they opened the window of their room, they saw a grave. What happened is that property used to be part of a plantation, and the owner of the plantation gave the land to the slaves. So when they sold the land to Hilton, they put a condition that the last relative or something like that, of the original slaves had to be buried there. Well, it happened last month. Great place if you don't mind sleeping on the grounds of an ancient plantation cemetery. Who knows, maybe the whole story is just a hoax.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 8:23 pm

This is true, the graves are just outside my current window. Unless you have an even numbered room ending between 58 and 62 you would not know about the graves, unless you wander on the grounds.
Otherwise a very nice property, also includes cooked breakfast and managers reception - similar to Embassy.

[This message has been edited by FlySome (edited 02-20-2002).]
Old Feb 21, 2002, 12:14 am

Doubletree Suites Nashville Airport had horrendous service last time I was there. They even tried to charge me for the cookies. Avoid them like the plague.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 6:53 am

Any comments on Embassy Suites West End, at Vanderbilt University? I'll be there this week-end and would be grateful for your feedback.
Also, what is public transportation like? I will need to get there and back from the airport, and also to the Ryman Auditorium and the Opryland Hotel.
Many thanks for your assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.