FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/373454-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-tennessee-usa-us-tn.html)

gpapadop Feb 18, 2002 8:28 pm

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Any recommendations on the HH hotels in Nashville or places to avoid? Thanks

dbmaury Feb 18, 2002 9:00 pm

It's a big city. It depends on where you want to be. Tell me where in town you're heading.

bonzaiflyer Feb 18, 2002 10:16 pm

If you want to be in the middle of all the touristy/trashy places, then the Hilton Suites downtown is the place for you. Brand new, 2 blocks from the "district" (place for Hard Rock Cafe, Wildhorse Saloon, Printer's Alley, Ryman Auditorium.

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm gettting there fast.

Way2honest Feb 18, 2002 10:19 pm

Hey, guys, if you are attending anything
at/near Opryland Hotel or Gaylord
Entertainment Center, the HGI at the
airport is perfect for you as you will
right in the vacinity of Briley Parkway,
the main route to travel to Opryland or
Gaylord. The $69 rate is a good one
if the breakfast is included (FOR GOLD).
You can get to each of the major inter-
states from airport to all parts of town
easitly.

Send an email if you have any more questions. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Way2honest (edited 02-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Way2honest (edited 02-24-2002).]

Way2honest Feb 18, 2002 10:21 pm

Been to BNA many times. IF you don't want
to stay in town and want to stay in other
areas, ie, Briley Parkway, let me know and
I will try to steer you around.

scook013 Feb 19, 2002 6:03 am

Can't say that I know my way around Nashville all that well, but I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Green Hills a couple times, and it was great. Nice staff, upgraded me without asking, and by far, one of the nicest HIs I've ever seen.

gpapadop Feb 19, 2002 9:30 am

I will have a car so I could stay either downtown, airport or Opryland (conference will be held here)...assuming all these places are within half hour from each other. The Garden Inn at the airport has a great $69 rate for the dates I will be there, anyone stayed there? I am just basically looking for places to avoid, great experiences (including Gold upgrades) etc.

Thanks for the replies so far!

George

dbmaury Feb 19, 2002 10:02 am

Opryland is right near the airport, so you'll be fine with the HGI there. It s nice and clean--standard HGI.

jiggs Feb 20, 2002 2:01 pm

I am currently looking for information on Hilton property in Nashville as well. I am looking for 4/12-4/14...all the downtown rooms are booked according to hilton.com...there is a confrence in town which must be taking up most rooms. I am not part of the confrence but need a room near the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Anyone have any advice considering I can't seem to find a room downtown...? Thanks

767-322ETOPS Feb 20, 2002 3:50 pm

The Hilton Suites in Brentwood is very nice. It's just over the border from Nashville (to the south), and is a short ride from downtown via I65.

suzieq Feb 20, 2002 3:57 pm

We too have enjoyed Brentwood Hilton Suites. Believe all balcony rooms have two double beds. One night we had an airline delay and didn't arrive until around 1000 the next day. We had previously cancelled our reservation for Friday night (on that Friday night about 2100.) When we arrived we were able to go ahead check in and get breakfast alho we were'nt paying guests until Saturday Night. Their assistance in our problem was appreciated.

jfe Feb 20, 2002 5:11 pm

The Hilton Suites in Brentwood is very nice. It only has a small surprise in the backyard. Someone who works here stayed there last month, and when they opened the window of their room, they saw a grave. What happened is that property used to be part of a plantation, and the owner of the plantation gave the land to the slaves. So when they sold the land to Hilton, they put a condition that the last relative or something like that, of the original slaves had to be buried there. Well, it happened last month. Great place if you don't mind sleeping on the grounds of an ancient plantation cemetery. Who knows, maybe the whole story is just a hoax. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eek.gif

FlySome Feb 20, 2002 8:23 pm

This is true, the graves are just outside my current window. Unless you have an even numbered room ending between 58 and 62 you would not know about the graves, unless you wander on the grounds.
Otherwise a very nice property, also includes cooked breakfast and managers reception - similar to Embassy.

[This message has been edited by FlySome (edited 02-20-2002).]

B747-437B Feb 21, 2002 12:14 am

Doubletree Suites Nashville Airport had horrendous service last time I was there. They even tried to charge me for the cookies. Avoid them like the plague.

lizzie Feb 21, 2002 6:53 am

Any comments on Embassy Suites West End, at Vanderbilt University? I'll be there this week-end and would be grateful for your feedback.
Also, what is public transportation like? I will need to get there and back from the airport, and also to the Ryman Auditorium and the Opryland Hotel.
Many thanks for your assistance.