Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:49 am

Well, worldiswide is a LT Diamond.
Special perk?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I dont know if it is a special perk or not but we received both times.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Hilton Singapore

I did not see a thread here for Hilton Singapore so I thought I can start one.

I stayed at this hotel which is on Orchard Road in Singapore. It is close to major shopping and can be a heaven for a shopper. It is also about 5-6 minute walk from MRT and plenty of taxis are outside the hotel waiting.
The hotel is old and the staff may not be well trained. As a Gold member, instead of giving me an upgrade to Executive lounge, I was offered a SGD40 upgrade to executive floor.
It also has a small shopping center inside the hotel including a Rolex shop. So if you are looking for a new Rolex, this hotel may be a nice place to stay.
Since I am not looking for a Rolex, I will not be returning to this hotel.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:26 pm
cjd

There's already a long thread on the Hilton Singapore. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...apore-sgp.html
Old May 12, 2017, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by klakhav
I did not see a thread here for Hilton Singapore so I thought I can start one.

I stayed at this hotel which is on Orchard Road in Singapore. It is close to major shopping and can be a heaven for a shopper. It is also about 5-6 minute walk from MRT and plenty of taxis are outside the hotel waiting.
The hotel is old and the staff may not be well trained. As a Gold member, instead of giving me an upgrade to Executive lounge, I was offered a SGD40 upgrade to executive floor.
It also has a small shopping center inside the hotel including a Rolex shop. So if you are looking for a new Rolex, this hotel may be a nice place to stay.
Since I am not looking for a Rolex, I will not be returning to this hotel.
As mentioned, there is a long thread.
That said, Exec room upgrades are not a stated entitlement for Hilton Honors Gold members. Some properties do it, some don't. You can try Conrad in your next visit to Singapore.
Old May 12, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Even at Conrad, executive room is not guaranteed to gold unless they book one category below as they usually give a one category upgrade to golds.

And yeah do read up on the long thread for both Hilton Singapore and Conrad Centennial Singapore.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:39 am

Nov rate: heck of a roller coaster ride

Originally Posted by evergrn
I'm looking to stay here for 3 nights during the third week of Nov. I don't know what's going on with the price. I would think it's not a peak period. We stayed there at the exact same time frame in 2016, and the hotel had plenty of room inventory even a week before.

Two weeks ago the standard room (King Deluxe) refundable rate was ~260SGD. That was a little more than what we paid the last time. Since Nov is so far out and I thought the price wouldn't change if not come down a bit, I didn't book. To my chagrin, a week later the price had upped to 300SGD and today it is 333SGD!

I'd like to ask those who stay here regularly... what should I make of this rate skyrocketing >9 months out? Can I assume that the rate will eventually come down, and so sit back and wait? Or could there be some type of event going on that is driving down the availability and driving up the rate?
Well it's been quite a roller coaster ride following the Nov rates. Refundable rates were initially down ~260SGD at the start of the year, then shot up to 333SGD a couple weeks later. Went even higher than that for a while. In fact, for a period of time Conrad was cheaper. Then it came down again a bit. Couple months ago, it dipped down to ~300SGD, then further down to ~280SGD, now back down to 260SGD. Last year I stayed for even less than that on a flash sale, so that's what I'm waiting for.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:35 am

Anyone staying here over Christmas? I am usually at Conrad for Christmas but given their current renovation, thought we will give Hilton a try this year. Does Hilton have Christmas specials like Santa / Caroling / Gifts etc?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Just checked in. Not impressed so far - and especially with the rate my company paid. Deluxe Plus room shows signs of age. It's below comparable Hilton's in the US. Also, i think this is the first time I've seen a pencil provided instead of a pen at a Hilton (apparently it's a SG thing as four seasons also offers pencils).

Last edited by triplefives; Apr 22, 2018 at 11:13 pm Reason: pencils are apparently a sg hotel thing
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by triplefives
Just checked in. Not impressed so far - and especially with the rate my company paid. Deluxe Plus room shows signs of age. It's below comparable Hilton's in the US. Also, i think this is the first time I've seen a pencil provided instead of a pen at a Hilton. Not a huge deal - but clearly screams cost cutting.
Just curious, how much exactly was the corporate rate for your room? With or without taxes / fees?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by triplefives
Just checked in. Not impressed so far - and especially with the rate my company paid. Deluxe Plus room shows signs of age. It's below comparable Hilton's in the US. Also, i think this is the first time I've seen a pencil provided instead of a pen at a Hilton. Not a huge deal - but clearly screams cost cutting.
Yes the room is a bit dated (esp the windows and the exteriors). But wait till you try their evening spread at EL and their breakfast buffet. I really love the EL staff, and I think their evening spread is the best I've had anywhere, better than Conrad HK or even Conrad Tokyo. They're very generous to elites. If you have an early morning flight, they will pack complimentary breakfast for you (and a fairly extensive one at that). It's actually one of my favorite properties.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by puchong
Just curious, how much exactly was the corporate rate for your room? With or without taxes / fees?
about mid-400 SGD per night average but max goes up to 520/night - it's on the company's dime as I certainly wouldn't pay it out of my own pocket. no upgrade as a diamond member given it's a full house this wednesday but they shouldn't be selling this type of room at this price level as it's terrible value for money at this price point.

Originally Posted by evergrn
Yes the room is a bit dated (esp the windows and the exteriors). But wait till you try their evening spread at EL and their breakfast buffet. I really love the EL staff, and I think their evening spread is the best I've had anywhere, better than Conrad HK or even Conrad Tokyo. They're very generous to elites. If you have an early morning flight, they will pack complimentary breakfast for you (and a fairly extensive one at that). It's actually one of my favorite properties.
thanks for the tip! i'll definitely go check it out! as for the old age of the room, the walls creak - or at least i think it's the walls.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Is anyone visiting Singapore? I'm here until May 17th in case any flyertalkers would like to have a chat in the lounge.
gummibar likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by templar42
Is anyone visiting Singapore? I'm here until May 17th in case any flyertalkers would like to have a chat in the lounge.
would love to meet up at the lounge if you organize or invite flyertalk members!
Old May 9, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by gummibar

would love to meet up at the lounge if you organize or invite flyertalk members!
I'll be there all of cocktails tomorrow. Anyone who'll be there need only post their whereabouts on here and I'm sure we can all meet up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.