Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Brussels, Belgium {BEL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Brussels, Belgium {BEL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2007, 8:36 am

Programs: hilton-Diamond, ba, Cunard-Platinum
As of about 18 months ago, we got a great breakfast as gold not to mention an upgrade to a bi level suite. Its a great hotel in the old world tradition.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 2:34 am
Suspended

Programs: American Express
Hilton/Conrad Brussels: Recent Experience ?

Originally Posted by MorganB
JDiver, Thanks for the info! Next time I go to Brussels I will give the Hilton a try instead of the Conrad.
Greetings to the Brussels experts. I am planning a visit in Brussels but are unsure about the hotel (Hilton, Hilton City, Conrad). I will be travelling together with my husband who is a Diamond with Hilton.

One weekend is the cheapest rate at the Hilton.
The other weekend is the cheapest rate at the Hilton City.

Where would I get most out of my money? Any recent experience is much appreciated
Old Nov 6, 2007, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Bluemoon Lady
Greetings to the Brussels experts. I am planning a visit in Brussels but are unsure about the hotel (Hilton, Hilton City, Conrad). I will be travelling together with my husband who is a Diamond with Hilton.

One weekend is the cheapest rate at the Hilton.
The other weekend is the cheapest rate at the Hilton City.

Where would I get most out of my money? Any recent experience is much appreciated
I would definitely go with the Hilton over the Hilton City. The Hilton is a very nice hotel, looks after Diamonds (I get frequent upgrades to Jr Suites), and is well located within easy walk of the city etc. It also has the best restaurant of all three hotels. It's actually one of the better European Hiltons.

The Hilton City is a little run-down, a bit dark, and is in a neighborhood that doesn't have much to attract you except that there's a mall and supermarket across the street. It has a good breakfast, but the rooms just aren't nearly as nice.

Between the Conrad and the Hilton I'd personally choose the Hilton because of location, but the Conrad is seen as the 'Grande Dame' of Brussels I think - about 60% of my cab drivers mention it to me and point it out on the way in from the airport!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 8:48 pm

lounge?

Has anyone stayed at the Brussels Hilton or Conrad lately? I just called to book an award stay, and she said no exec lounge at either hotel! Is that correct? Just a few days of sightseeing, and a trip to Bruges, which hotel do you recommend for a diamond? Thank you!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Originally Posted by adgtravel
Has anyone stayed at the Brussels Hilton or Conrad lately? I just called to book an award stay, and she said no exec lounge at either hotel! Is that correct? Just a few days of sightseeing, and a trip to Bruges, which hotel do you recommend for a diamond? Thank you!
There is an exec lounge at the Brussels Hilton. I was there in Jan. It has limited hours at weekends but is open all day during the week.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I just called to book an award stay, and she said no exec lounge at either hotel! Is that correct?
Likely no access unless you were on the executive floor.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no exec lounge at the Conrad.

MisterNice
Old Mar 1, 2008, 9:58 am

Thank you!
Old Mar 3, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
We stayed at the Brussels Hilton last December on an award stay. We are Gold and were treated impeccably. We arrived at 9:00am and was able to check in immediately and upgraded to a junior suite. The exec lounge was good (with plenty of Belgian beer). Concierge was friendly and helpful. All in all a great stay...
Old Mar 3, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
I have stayed at all three properties and agree with the others, I would choose the Hilton. The exec lounge is nice and a good way to start off your evening with a few Belgian beers. The location is fine: a very safe and clear part of town to walk around, it's near the subway, 3 stops from Gare du Midi (for your trip to Bruge), lots of high-end shopping nearby.

The City Center property was nice enough (in fact my room there was much nicer than at the other Hilton) but unless there a substantial rate difference I wouldn't choose this one.

The Conrad is very nice, but a)usually much more expensive than the other two and b)decorated in a much more traditional (read: flowery) style. The service was EXCELLENT, as a Diamond I received a complimentary full American breakfast in my room each morning (~$60 value!), and it's usually full of EU dignitaries while the council is in session. It's close to the Brussels Hilton, so all of my above comments re: location also apply.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
Originally Posted by shell nyc
The Conrad is very nice, but a)usually much more expensive than the other two and b)decorated in a much more traditional (read: flowery) style. The service was EXCELLENT, as a Diamond I received a complimentary full American breakfast in my room each morning (~$60 value!), and it's usually full of EU dignitaries while the council is in session. It's close to the Brussels Hilton, so all of my above comments re: location also apply.
I just booked an award night there in the middle of October. We are overnighting in Brussels on a return trip from Italy for our 35th wedding anniversary. Could I trouble you to be a little more specific on the train to and from BRU? Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, BD Silver, HH Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Road King
I just booked an award night there in the middle of October. We are overnighting in Brussels on a return trip from Italy for our 35th wedding anniversary. Could I trouble you to be a little more specific on the train to and from BRU? Thanks!
Hi I guess you are flying into BRU ? If so the airport has a train station on the lower levels below the arrivals hall (just follow the signs). The cost is about 4 Euros one way and the trains leave for the three main Brussels stations (Nord, Central and Midi about every 15 mins). You need to take the train to Midi and then you can take a cab from Midi to the Conrad (about 5 mins and should cost about 10-15 Euros).

Alternatively if you are feeling adventurous you can take the metro from Midi to Louise Station and walk up the Avenue Louise to the Conrad (10 min walk).

One word of warning try not to stand out too much as a tourist in Midi as the bag/purse snatchers are active in the station if you stand out like a sore thumb..

Returning is just the reverse of above..trains run to Brussels Airport every 15 mins and you can take trains that are destined for Leuven (just check that they stop at BRU as not all do) failing that there are direct trains as well.
Old May 17, 2008, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Hilton Brussels City - reward stay (2 rooms) - one night twin, next night king?

I booked 2 reward stay King rooms at the Hilton Brussels City for Thursday of next week. Then today, I decided to add Wednesday night as well but now only Twin rooms are showing as available so I called CS. I made a seperate reservation for the 2 twin rooms on Wednesday night and kept my 2 kings for Th.

I am Gold but Wednesday's stay will make me Diamond.

I was considering phoning in advance to see if there is availability so that we can have 2 king rooms for each night. I am not opposed to checking out Wed morning and back in again if need but I am hoping the hotel can accomodate us so that won't be necessary. Alternatively, I would email the GM but Hilton CS said there was no email address for this property?

So my questions are, should I contact the hotel now or just show up and see what happens at check in? It sounds like this property treats golds pretty well so maybe I have nothing to be concerned about and possibly they will have flagged and reviewed my reservation prior to arrival?

Then, should I change my room type preference to King under my profile or just leave it as no preference?
Old May 18, 2008, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nmmercer
.............So my questions are, should I contact the hotel now or just show up and see what happens at check in? It sounds like this property treats golds pretty well so maybe I have nothing to be concerned about and possibly they will have flagged and reviewed my reservation prior to arrival? Then, should I change my room type preference to King under my profile or just leave it as no preference?
This hotel was NOT nice to (this) Diamond. The FD is definitely dysfunctional and at least 3 guests were complaining about something at check-in on my last visit.
The Hilton Brussels is excellent and much better and nicer.

MisterNice
Old May 18, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by MisterNice
The Hilton Brussels is excellent and much better and nicer.
Thanks for the advice but Hilton Brussels is only showing twin rooms availabilty at this point so I will stick with my current reservation as it is so late in the game. I chose the Brussels City because parking was a few bucks cheaper and I will have a rental car. I hope they have cleaned up their act since you stayed there, we are really looking forward to our stay. I'll give a report in a few weeks when I get back and let everyone know what we think of the Brussels City Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.