Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Atlanta {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
OK so I managed to find a king room on points plus cash but the website says the hotel is undergoing renovations, is anyone in atlanta or near by who can tell me how intense it is.?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
When I was there a month ago it was very obvious. I don't recall it being noisy in the rooms or outside of normal hours. But there are some issues. When I first turned on the shower it shot out water that looked like orange Fanta and then the tub became loaded with dust. It was almost as if the pipes hadn't been used yet (or in months).
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
When I was there a month ago it was very obvious. I don't recall it being noisy in the rooms or outside of normal hours. But there are some issues. When I first turned on the shower it shot out water that looked like orange Fanta and then the tub became loaded with dust. It was almost as if the pipes hadn't been used yet (or in months).
Thanks , I was trying to read up reviews on trip advisor. I wonder if they work on weekends. We would actually try to sleep in.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
will be staying here tonight. i'll report back.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Any recent stays.. I will be staying in October for a couple of days. I'm att ending a conference at the Hyatt Recency which looks to be less than a mile away. Any concerns with walking in this area? I'm also hoping to not rent a car. Best way to get from the airport to the hotel?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Any recent stays.. I will be staying in October for a couple of days. I'm att ending a conference at the Hyatt Recency which looks to be less than a mile away. Any concerns with walking in this area? I'm also hoping to not rent a car. Best way to get from the airport to the hotel?
All the Downtown Atlanta hotels are within easy walk. From the Hilton to the Hyatt, you can walk up (hill) via baker or through the Marriott. Concerns, what type concerns ??

You can take a MARTA train from the airport to the Peachtree Center station. For more specific information on ATL, you may want to visit the Destinations Forum.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:51 pm

Thanks for the information. I will definitely take the marta.. no specific concerns ..assumed this area was busy during the day and quieter at night. There are downtowns that are pretty empty at night...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by worldiswide
Thanks for the information. I will definitely take the marta.. no specific concerns ..assumed this area was busy during the day and quieter at night. There are downtowns that are pretty empty at night...
and this is an empty downtown even during the day.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
There are over-street connected hallways that you can use from the MARTA station downtown and walk all the way to the Hilton. You never need to use the outdoor streets. Its been awhile since I have used it. After exiting the subway, you go through a small Mall and food court. Call the hotel to get specific directions and post them here is you find them, please?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:28 pm

Can do.. will talk to the hotel in the next day or so
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:01 am
Suspended

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sallyerd
There are over-street connected hallways that you can use from the MARTA station downtown and walk all the way to the Hilton. You never need to use the outdoor streets. Its been awhile since I have used it. After exiting the subway, you go through a small Mall and food court. Call the hotel to get specific directions and post them here is you find them, please?
However, it should be noted the walkways are not direct and it will take more time to walk via the walkways then via the street.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
For those interested in walking from MARTA, simply follow the signs (beginning in the Peachtree Center Station) to the Marriott Marquis Hotel.

Once in the Marriott, go down one level and across to the other side of the hotel. There’s a walkway to the Hilton, and it is marked. It appears many conference attendees at the Marriott are actually staying in the Hilton.

Super easy. Much better than parking a car in downtown ATL. MARTA is fast and even has free WiFi.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:59 am

Just had a great stay recently. They give you a letter upon check in that enumerates your Diamond benefits. However, upon asking, also included is a full breakfast buffet at the Southern Elements downstairs. One of the best domestic buffets I have seen in a long time.
I paid for a Junior suite. I do not waste time expecting/requesting upgrades anymore. With a four-night stay the suite was worth it, IMHO.

Also, I finally found a link that Hilton provided for the MARTA directions using the skybridge. Yes, using the sidewalk is less distance, but the skybridge is easier with luggage. Even grade and smooth-surfaced along with the added benefit of not being accosted by panhandlers.

Here is the sky bridge instruction link:
https://www.acacamps.org/sites/default/files/page_documents/conference/Walking-PeachtreeCenterMartaStation-HiltonAtlanta.pdf
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:44 am

Love that hotel because I've stayed there the past decade for DragonCon. The skybridges between Hilton -> Marriott Marquis -> Hyatt Regency -> Peachtree Center are amazing when you want to avoid the heat in the summer.

Interesting to see they're doing buffet at Southern Elements again. That was given to me as a Gold in 2017. In 2018, they decided to move the loyalty member breakfast buffet to rooftop restaurant, Nikolai's Roof. I preferred SE for sure, in terms of ambiance and variety of food options. Also in 2018, I was given access to Executive Lounge happy hour/snacks, despite only being Gold.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Love that hotel because I've stayed there the past decade for DragonCon. The skybridges between Hilton -> Marriott Marquis -> Hyatt Regency -> Peachtree Center are amazing when you want to avoid the heat in the summer.

Interesting to see they're doing buffet at Southern Elements again. That was given to me as a Gold in 2017. In 2018, they decided to move the loyalty member breakfast buffet to rooftop restaurant, Nikolai's Roof. I preferred SE for sure, in terms of ambiance and variety of food options. Also in 2018, I was given access to Executive Lounge happy hour/snacks, despite only being Gold.
I should have clarified better. The letter specifies the hot / cold breakfast buffet at the rooftop restaurant, Nikolai's Roof. Only upon request, did they confirm that instead you can opt for the (better) full buffet in the downstairs restaurant, Southern Elements.
dmarge18 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.