Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Atlanta {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Jump
At 10 pm the direct route through those skywalks is closed and even if they were open the escalators on that side are shutdown for repairs until mid October. Currently the best way is when you come out of the only current available exit from Marta, take a left and walk north to the Hyatt less than a block away on the other side of the street. There is a skywalk that goes between the Hyatt-Marriott-Hilton. This is the route I've taken every Sunday night since January.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: WN, Hilton
I would like to stay at this hotel during a large convention next Labor Day (sigh, Dragon*Con), but the rooms were all booked within at the convention rate which I understand was about $209.

Does anyone know if more rooms later become available outside the convention rate in this kind of situation? I would like to stay four nights on points, but it's always unavailable.

I'm also a brand new Gold member thanks to work, so I may not be aware of some benefits (and given my work outlook, I will likely be Diamond by year end)--is there any way for members to get on some kind of waiting list for a room?

Thanks. I did some quick searches, but didn't find anything; newbie apologies if I'm missing something.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Downtown Atlanta -Hilton vs Hamptons inn

I need to stay in downtown Atlanta and need to choose between the two.

Tripadvisor "thinks" that the Hamptons inn is better.
Is this so?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Houminer
I need to stay in downtown Atlanta and need to choose between the two.

Tripadvisor "thinks" that the Hamptons inn is better.
Is this so?
The two are within 4-5 blocks of each other, so location isn't a major factor.
The benefits of the Hilton are the Executive Lounge, if you are eligible; and the possibility of somewhat of a view by virtue of being on a higher floor.
The HI is in a building marked "historic" but I don't think any of that is noticeable inside the building- they just remodeled and updated the historic shell.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Notenut
The two are within 4-5 blocks of each other, so location isn't a major factor.
The benefits of the Hilton are the Executive Lounge, if you are eligible; and the possibility of somewhat of a view by virtue of being on a higher floor.
The HI is in a building marked "historic" but I don't think any of that is noticeable inside the building- they just remodeled and updated the historic shell.
No lounge for me....
Which has nicer rooms? Better breakfast?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SLCMDW
I would like to stay at this hotel during a large convention next Labor Day (sigh, Dragon*Con), but the rooms were all booked within at the convention rate which I understand was about $209.

Does anyone know if more rooms later become available outside the convention rate in this kind of situation? I would like to stay four nights on points, but it's always unavailable.

I'm also a brand new Gold member thanks to work, so I may not be aware of some benefits (and given my work outlook, I will likely be Diamond by year end)--is there any way for members to get on some kind of waiting list for a room?

Thanks. I did some quick searches, but didn't find anything; newbie apologies if I'm missing something.

I would call the hotel directly and see who is handling the group sales for the convention and ask to speak to the person and see if he will put you on a waiting list if they have one. I have gone to events held at Hilton properties before where they have the entire hotel reserved and the diamond force won't be able to help me because of "extraordinary demand" but if I call the property they will put me on a waitlist.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No lounge for me....
Which has nicer rooms? Better breakfast?
Hiltons usually have nicer rooms. If you are a gold you could still get lounge access as long as you are upgraded to the Exec level. If you aren't gold you will have to pay for breakfast and there are other places nearby you could probably eat at for less, althoguh the breakfast buffet is great.

Breakfast at Hilton is a lot better than any Hampton, but at Hampton the breakfast is free regardless of your status with Hilton (free even if you aren't an HH member). The rooms will be nicer at the Hilton.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Hiltons usually have nicer rooms. If you are a gold you could still get lounge access as long as you are upgraded to the Exec level. If you aren't gold you will have to pay for breakfast and there are other places nearby you could probably eat at for less, althoguh the breakfast buffet is great.

Breakfast at Hilton is a lot better than any Hampton, but at Hampton the breakfast is free regardless of your status with Hilton (free even if you aren't an HH member). The rooms will be nicer at the Hilton.
Thanks!
I'm silver. But since my work pays for breakfast I guess I'll take the Hilton.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!
I'm silver. But since my work pays for breakfast I guess I'll take the Hilton.
If you are getting reimbursed for things like WIFI and breakfast, I would definitely go with the Hilton. The breakfast buffet is really good. If you will be there over a weekend try using corporate code BR88. You get the room and two breakfast buffets for $88 a night if it's available
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If you are getting reimbursed for things like WIFI and breakfast, I would definitely go with the Hilton. The breakfast buffet is really good. If you will be there over a weekend try using corporate code BR88. You get the room and two breakfast buffets for $88 a night if it's available
I have tried on several occasions to use that code and can never get it to work, even a month ahead of time.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:13 am

Does anyone have an e-mail adress for this hotel? (Hilton downtown)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Breakfast buffet for Diamonds?

I stayed here a few weeks back and at check in was given four breakfast buffet coupons for in the restaurant. I was there during the week and didn't have a breakfast rate. In the past it was breakfast in the lounge for diamonds and a bagged breakfast from the store for golds not upgraded.

My wife still received the "breakfast bag" a week after I stayed there so that hasn't changed.

I hope the buffets are going to be a standard benefit for diamonds and they aren't just testing it out or the front desk made a mistake. At checkin I was honest and informed the clerk that I didn't have breakfast included in case he made a mistake in issuing the coupons, and he told me that as a diamond I was entitled to two buffets every morning

There is a HS and a HGI opening up not that far away in Midtown soon, so perhaps this is a way to encourage diamonds to return to the Hilton instead of one of those properties when they open up.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
Didnt do breakfast on a recent stay, but the lounge had a nice spread of apps in the evening including some delicious chicken strips.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
I stayed here a few weeks back and at check in was given four breakfast buffet coupons for in the restaurant. I was there during the week and didn't have a breakfast rate. In the past it was breakfast in the lounge for diamonds and a bagged breakfast from the store for golds not upgraded.

My wife still received the "breakfast bag" a week after I stayed there so that hasn't changed.

I hope the buffets are going to be a standard benefit for diamonds and they aren't just testing it out or the front desk made a mistake. At checkin I was honest and informed the clerk that I didn't have breakfast included in case he made a mistake in issuing the coupons, and he told me that as a diamond I was entitled to two buffets every morning

There is a HS and a HGI opening up not that far away in Midtown soon, so perhaps this is a way to encourage diamonds to return to the Hilton instead of one of those properties when they open up.
I stayed there in May and didn't want to try EL breakfasts so that called FD - the staff was very accommodated by offering 2 breakfast buffet coupons instead. I'd say the food quality of 1st floor restaurant is way better than EL stuffs.

So it looks like this is nothing mistake or fluke, but rather simply amenities and benefits.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lewende
I stayed there in May and didn't want to try EL breakfasts so that called FD - the staff was very accommodated by offering 2 breakfast buffet coupons instead. I'd say the food quality of 1st floor restaurant is way better than EL stuffs.

So it looks like this is nothing mistake or fluke, but rather simply amenities and benefits.
I have had the buffet before with the weekend $88 rate that includes it, and agree it is much better than what is offered upstairs in the lounge. That's good to know they will give you vouchers for the next time I stay there with a rate that doesn't include breakfast.

I like the EL at that property. I usually have no problems finding a place to sit, the appetizers at night are good, and I love that they have 24/7 access to the coke fountain Only thing I don't like about the lounge is the snacks. Last time I stayed there no cookies, etc, just nuts and a snack mix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.