Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Well just booked 5 nights between Christmas and New Year which at 64k a night on average is something of a sweet spot given cash rates here and everywhere else are $700+ a night at this time of year. Looking forward to it - already getting the Facebook reports (both official and unofficial) of snow coming in!

Being offered an e-upgrade fee of $200 night for glacier suite. My gut tells me not worth it?

Also does anyone know what age kids get free breakfast to? I should be diamond by the time we go covering me and the mrs
You don't go to whister to stay in your room, I'd say no.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by mnredfox
You don't go to whister to stay in your room, I'd say no.
I hear you, though we do end up spending a fair amount of time in the room as we ski all day and so are generally too tired to go out during the evening. So at best we go to a very nearby restaurant and more likely just get a pizza in the room! So having some space is nice, though sounds like the base room is already 500 sq ft which is not bad
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: A few
To answer my own question kids breakfast not free, but some cheapish looking options:

http://www.hiltonwhistler.com/_pdf/c..._menu_2011.pdf

We changed our booking so now we are staying 7 nights including Christmas itself. Should be fun to spend Christmas in Whistler!

Ended up costing 476k for seven nights. Astronomical for sure, though as I mentioned cash rates anywhere and everywhere are through the roof, so it's actually a decent redemption given today's HH standards
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: aa, spg
Anyone have a current email for a manager or someone there? I'll be there in a week and wanted to politely ask for an upgrade (I'm HH Diamond). Googled for a while but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by zilberbrand
Anyone have a current email for a manager or someone there? I'll be there in a week and wanted to politely ask for an upgrade (I'm HH Diamond). Googled for a while but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!
Sorry but I don't have an email address. But we just returned from our third winter stay there in 3 years and, as a Diamond, I always got upgraded without having contacted them in advance.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by zilberbrand

Thanks!
The email for the concierges is concierge_at_ hiltonwhistler.com
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:16 am

Reporting back after a couple nights here. Nice property. When I originally booked the reservation (prepaid revenue stay at a good rate) I had to split it across two room types as there was not a single room type continuously available for all nights. Reservation agent mentioned that there was a big convention in town but that she would see what she could do. When the stay came around, I showed up and they had us in a junior suite. I was impressed given that I am only gold, though this also seems to be a property which is heavy on larger-than-standard rooms.

Breakfast buffet is nice, full spread for elites. Given how expensive everything in Whistler is it is nice to fill up on some free food. Location can't be beaten. If you're staying outside of ski season, park in one of the "day" lots (they allow overnight during the off-season) to save $30/night.

Staff was great; some of the nicest I've run into anywhere. Everyone there seemed happy to be doing their job.

Can only imagine, though, what a zoo this place must be during the winter!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Heading here in early Dec for a meeting and some skiing. Any tips on free overnight parking? When I was here in 2008-ish I remember parking for free in the day lots 4/5, not sure if that changed now but it appears you are officially not allowed to park there overnight due to snow clearing.

Looks like best bet other than the Hilton's ridiculous fee of $30 CAD/night is the Conf Centre for $5 overnight. Has anyone done this recently?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:51 am

I don't think that there are free overnight options during the ski season. Summer, yes, but not during the winter.

$22 USD for overnight parking is not really "ridiculous" for a nice hotel in a supply-constrained location with a massive, spiky peak season and an influx of tons of rich guests. The $5 CAD overnight at the conference centre seems like a good deal, but realize you will have to move the car during the day - that's a 5 PM to 10 AM rate so you'll have to drag the thing back and forth to the free day lots. Up to you whether it is worth the hassle.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Heading here in early Dec for a meeting and some skiing. Any tips on free overnight parking? When I was here in 2008-ish I remember parking for free in the day lots 4/5, not sure if that changed now but it appears you are officially not allowed to park there overnight due to snow clearing.

Looks like best bet other than the Hilton's ridiculous fee of $30 CAD/night is the Conf Centre for $5 overnight. Has anyone done this recently?
IIRC in lots 4/5 there was a small section dedicated to people theoretically camping in the backcountry. (improbable in winter I know, but my car was never the only one there) Haven't tried in the last couple of years...

I've found it easier to rent from Avis on a one-way basis and drop the car at their office in Whistler. When I leave I just book another one-way rental back to Vancouver. Saves paying for parking (and a rental car that just stays parked)

I've never tried the conference centre. Looks a good deal... the public parking options in Whistler are always very twitchy about cars left overnight.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I don't think that there are free overnight options during the ski season. Summer, yes, but not during the winter.

$22 USD for overnight parking is not really "ridiculous" for a nice hotel in a supply-constrained location with a massive, spiky peak season and an influx of tons of rich guests. The $5 CAD overnight at the conference centre seems like a good deal, but realize you will have to move the car during the day - that's a 5 PM to 10 AM rate so you'll have to drag the thing back and forth to the free day lots. Up to you whether it is worth the hassle.
Given the proximity to the hotel, I'm going to try out the conf center. Will report back my experience.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:15 am

Given the proximity to the hotel, I'm going to try out the conf center. Will report back my experience.
I had good luck at the conference center. I parked there for a whole week last March and didn't have issues. I remember it being fairly cheap, much cheaper than the hotel parking. I think I only took it out once or twice during my stay.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:00 pm

This thread hasn't been updated in a while, so I thought I would make a post from the hotel. I have been enjoying my stay at this property. It is very centrally located and all the staff I have encountered are super friendly and seem happy to be providing the best service at the Hilton.

I got a fantastic B.C./Washington State resident rate of CAD$179/night for the Mountain Suite (penthouse corner two-bedroom, 1632 sq. ft) which includes self parking (CAD$33).

For the questions about breakfast vouchers, I am Hilton Diamond via status match with Hyatt. I booked the room for three guests (two adults and one child) and received three breakfast vouchers upon check-in. I met another family who booked a two-bedroom suite rate including breakfast and they had five occupants, but only got four vouchers. The breakfast at CAD$26, if not included in the rate, is pretty pricey as the spread is extremely small. However, custom eggs or omelettes are included - but you have to wait a while for these, especially if the restaurant is busy. There are better paid options nearby.

I asked for late check-out but the best they could do was 12:30pm on holiday Sunday (Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend).

Hope that helps someone.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Am staying here next month for 5 nights (1st night cash/points, next 4 nights paid with Citi Prestige 4th night free). Am Diamond until end of March through status match.

Hotel appears booked last night I'm there, so unlikely to get any upgrades. Other than free breakfast, any other benefits for being Diamond? Or even tips to help wife and I enjoy our stay better? Will be skiing 3 of the 4 days here...
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canesfan
Am staying here next month for 5 nights (1st night cash/points, next 4 nights paid with Citi Prestige 4th night free). Am Diamond until end of March through status match.

Hotel appears booked last night I'm there, so unlikely to get any upgrades. Other than free breakfast, any other benefits for being Diamond? Or even tips to help wife and I enjoy our stay better? Will be skiing 3 of the 4 days here...
No Diamond benefits really. I did manage to get a 1 p.m. late check-out (versus the usual 11 a.m.)

You're unlikely to get an upgrade anyhow - as a resort property many larger groups/families already book the larger rooms in advance. The website does note that they don't really do upgrades in winter.

For skiing, you should keep in mind that the lifts actually open before the scheduled time of 8:30. Ski schools set their meeting time for 9:00 and meet right outside the ski valet for the Hilton. In other words, be up the mountain by 8:15 and you get 60-90 minutes of empty slopes. Be lazy and you get to enjoy a long queue in the morning behind the prioritised ski schoolers... (Hilton's breakfast opens at 7 BTW)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.