Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Diego Mission Valley {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Diego Mission Valley {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by runarbg
I have just ended one of my worst stays ever at a Hilton hotel. It was Hilton San Diego Mission Valley.
After checking in I had some important work to do and tried to log in to Internet. I just got the message "Internet is not available". Both when selecting the HHonors and attwifi network. I tried two different phones and one iPad. The same on all.
I called Guest Service and the reply was "Just restart your phone and it will be working"! I said it was wrong. I said that something was wrong with the hotel's Internet connection. And was told "I will send someone to your room to restart your phone for you"!! Very rude.
And nobody came. So I went down to the front desk. And explained, even showed them the error message. The same again, "Restart your phone". Then I had to tell that I have been working with IT since 1970, that's 48 years, so I know quite a lot about this. Then he said that he would send someone to my room to check within 15 minutes.
Nobody came. I went down again and talked to a new man, the 3rd person. He promised to check it and get back to me within 15 minutes.
He never came back to me.
So I called Guest Service again and talked to the 4th person. The same again. "Restart your phone and it will be fine". She did not listen to me at all.
That was 4 people who did not listen at all and did nothing to help. And was rude. It was now 8 hours without Internet. And I had really important work that I was not able to do.
Before going to bed I went down to front desk again and talked to the 5th person. And he was the first to take me seriously. He suggested that he come to my room to check himself. He did, and saw that I could not connect. Then he tried his own phone, and also he was NOT ABLE TO CONNECT!!
He agreed that something was wrong. He said he was going to contact ATT. He did, but they could not solve it immediately.
The result: NO INTERNET for all my stay. And even worse: I was treated like an idiot by 4 employees. They did not listen to me and did nothing to help. They all promised to send people to my room and promised to get back. None of them did!
The last guy was the only one who did something to help. I refuse being treated like that as a Diamond member!!!
This was a terrible experience.
Any solutions like moving you to a different part of the hotel, going to a different part of the hotel to see if the Internet wasn't working there too, etc.?

I would think if it was a hotel-wide outage, there would be a ton of angry people... last time I experienced a hotel-wide Internet outage was at a Holiday Inn Express with barely a dozen cars in the lot in rural Oklahoma over 7 years ago. It really was hotel wide and it was that way for two days but they actually did get it fixed on day three. I was able to pull a weak signal from some other surrounding hotel. That is really not very acceptable but better than nothing. And not an option at the property you were at due to its location. Unacceptable.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Thank you for your reply @runarbg
Wow, that sounds like a pretty terrible stay. Have you contacted Hilton corporate? I guess I'll consider staying elsewhere in San Diego. We usually stay at the Hilton on Shelter Island, but the rates were significantly higher during the weekend I'm looking at.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Any solutions like moving you to a different part of the hotel, going to a different part of the hotel to see if the Internet wasn't working there too, etc.?
I suggested to move. That was something that they would look at when coming back to me. But they never came back!!!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Thank you for your reply @runarbg
Wow, that sounds like a pretty terrible stay. Have you contacted Hilton corporate?.
Yes, I have. They gave me 10,000 points.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Runarbg's experience is enough to dissuade me, but any other recent stays? Basically, I get when something goes wrong or doesn't work, but if the staff treats you like dirt, that's a much deeper problem. And 10,000 points is a joke. I thought 20,000 was usually the first offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.