Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Diego Mission Valley {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Diego Mission Valley {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2002, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton San Diego Mission Valley {US-CA}

Trying to decide between this resort and MV Marriott or Coronado Island Marriott. Is this Hilton really nice and in a superior location for sightseeing downtown? Thanks.
Old May 1, 2002, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Can't comment on Coronado other than it has been listed as excellent, although I don't know how easy access to town is

MV marriott, imho, a great great place, close to train with easy access to town, awesome bar area, awesome hotel overall.. I would go back in a heartbeat

MV Hilton... I'm still laughing you put this in the same thread.. what a dump... other than a decent sports bar... its a dump IMHO
Old May 1, 2002, 7:50 pm

I have stayed at the Mission Valley Marriott many times. I've always been happy there.
I've even seen a few TV shows being shot there.

Jay
Old May 1, 2002, 8:50 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sandra, do you mean Mission Bay Hilton? That is a resort property. MV Hilton is just near office buildings.
Old May 1, 2002, 9:47 pm

Mission Bay Hilton is the Resort. Very nice place and quite.

The Marriott on Coronado is very nice. My wife and I stayed there on our anniversary and wasn't disappointed. We got the city view and this was very nice. Make sure you make the reservation early and get the upgrade certs for this. You can take the water taxi or ferry from Coronado. This will put you right on Harbor Drive and just a short walk (or just take the trolley) to anywhere you want to go. Not that hard at all.

Mission Bay Hilton doesn't have a lot to look at but is right on the bay. If you like taking walks along the water and not having that much noise, this is the place.

Hope this helps out.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 2:19 pm
jfd

Hilton Mission Valley question

Does any one know if the mission valley property offers an exec floor (Gold)?
If you've stayed there, any comments on service etc. thanks
Old Sep 21, 2002, 4:43 pm

I've stayed there several times, including spring of this year, nothing special, no lounge or even an upgrade beyond a king bed (I'm a diamond), and a bit hard to cross over the 8 freeway if you're on the wrong side. Watch out for the bump coming out of the underground parking. good rates though, and as I recall pleasant staff. I have never really liked hotel circle.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 5:58 pm

DoubleTree Mission Valley San Diego. Has one. Nice place. Free parking. It is right in the same place.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 6:36 pm

I just stayed at the Doubletree Mission Valley. It was nice and located just across the highway from the Hilton. Don't confuse this Doubletree with the one on Hotel Circle.

Jay
Old Sep 21, 2002, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I used to stay there a lot (MV Hilton), only for the cheap price.. sure not for the upgrades.. however the sports bar there is fun when there are some good games on..

Old Sep 24, 2002, 1:52 pm

Programs: CO Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
As above, the Hilton does not have a lounge or special floor, but I got a nice goodie basket with water, chips, cookies and string cheese in it. Also got $4 off a breakfast, but I ordered coffee, a bagel and cream cheese and my bill still came to $1.

I got a King bed, no problem and the room had a minibar too.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 5:08 pm

Mission Valley Hilton's disHonorable treatment of a GI

I wouldn't have believed how the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley treated a just activated army reservist, in uniform,last Friday night if I hadn't witnessed it myself. It seems that the young GI's command had made the reservation but had failed to inform him of the additional parking fee. Concerned that his credit card might be maxed out, he asked if the hotel would waive the charge. There is little if any off street parking. The sympathetic clerk had to clear it with her supervisor. When the manager came to the counter she said loudly, "I won't waive the parking charge because you're already getting a cheap rate. But I will cancel your reservation and you can try to find another hotel you can afford." When what the manager had said sank in to those also checking-in, about five of us rushed the counter wanting to pay the sergeant's parking fee. The unflappable but appreciative soldier declined our offers. I am pleased to report that I later saw him dining with an elderly couple who had been in line behind him. I share this with you so that the next time you're considering where to stay in San Diego you'll remember how poorly the Hilton Mission Valley treated one of our Nation's soldiers.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 5:25 pm

Maybe because San Diego is a Navy town.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 5:54 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Treating ANY guest in such a way is unacceptable, never mind if in uniform or not.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
The manager's name was not recorded or written down by anyone? I would book a stay there just to rip this guy a new (you know what).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.