Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Worst Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Worst Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:57 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by acecatus
HAMPTON INN ASTRODOME HOUSTON, TX

This was my hotel of choice until a bad experience last March. Apparently its under new management. Our room was dirty--cigarette ashes all over the sink and toilet, quite obvious to housekeeping. Also cigarette ashes on carpet, trash in wastebaskets, and my 7 year old daughter found a pill on the floor. Thank goodness she's old enough to be past the "put-everything-in-her-mouth" phase. This was in a non smoking room! Repeated calls for housekeeping finally resulted in a guy who pretended not to speak English, who proceeded to wipe down my sink with one of my towels (no replacement towels offfered). No cleanser, nothing! I protested in Spanish so he couldn't "no comprende", then get a very terse, annoyed manager up who transfers us to another room without so much as an apology. She acted like I was trying to find fault. She actually said "I don't know what else we can do to please you". Well, a properly prepared room is too much to ask for? I'm Gold, no welcome snack, offer of upgrade, etc. I kept the room for the night because it was late and checked out the next day. I called the manager to complain about our experience and was told he "would be glad to cancel our future reservations since we were so dissastified with 'his' hotel". Don't bother, we haven't been back since. Apparently its under new management and they have an attitude problem. There' s many other moderate priced hotels in the area that can provide a clean, properly prepared room without the attitude.
Have you invoked the 100% Hampton Guarantee?
Our friendly service and many extras are all backed by our 100% Hampton Guarantee™. If you're not 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our promise and your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton.
I would not have paid for that stay.

If you have not, it may not be too late for you to contact Hilton HHonors and complain about this property. You stand a good chance of receiving a full refund for your stay.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Hampton Inn - Dulles Airport. It was a real dump, although they were renovating when we were there about 18 months ago. Anyone been there since the renovations?
Old Jun 24, 2005, 2:13 pm

I have had my best stays at the Palmer house in Chicago - corner suite exec floor every time.
However, the DT Surfcomber in Miami was likely the worst. Dirty carpet and holes in the blanket
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:47 am

acecatus
stayed there about a month ago. Not bad. They upgraded me to suite.Room was clean.It seemed to have had some recent work done on it.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ironmanjay
I have had my best stays at the Palmer house in Chicago - corner suite exec floor every time.
Ditto that. I've had a half-dozen stays at PH. All of them were excellent, and all but one of the stays were in a huge room on the C-level. (Not always in a corner, but always a big room, usually with 2 bathrooms!)

Considering this is a big four-star hotel in downtown Chicago that frequently runs excellent promo rates, I can't imagine how it would make it only anyone's "worst HHonors property" list. If you think the Palmer House sucks, fly into MCI and spend a night at the Airport Hilton.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
THAT's time to call in the "Hampton Guarantee" get your money back for a truly awful stay and uncaring management, walk and never return - after also writing Hilton, of course. I am not one to try to wring compensation out of every little thing, but this was considerably beyond the pale. (Mind you, with "service" like this, they won't be in business long, except for first timers...)

Originally Posted by acecatus

This was my hotel of choice until a bad experience last March. Apparently its under new management. Our room was dirty--cigarette ashes all over the sink and toilet, quite obvious to housekeeping. Also cigarette ashes on carpet, trash in wastebaskets, and my 7 year old daughter found a pill on the floor. Thank goodness she's old enough to be past the "put-everything-in-her-mouth" phase. This was in a non smoking room! Repeated calls for housekeeping finally resulted in a guy who pretended not to speak English, who proceeded to wipe down my sink with one of my towels (no replacement towels offfered). No cleanser, nothing! I protested in Spanish so he couldn't "no comprende", then get a very terse, annoyed manager up who transfers us to another room without so much as an apology. She acted like I was trying to find fault. She actually said "I don't know what else we can do to please you". Well, a properly prepared room is too much to ask for? I'm Gold, no welcome snack, offer of upgrade, etc. I kept the room for the night because it was late and checked out the next day. I called the manager to complain about our experience and was told he "would be glad to cancel our future reservations since we were so dissastified with 'his' hotel". Don't bother, we haven't been back since. Apparently its under new management and they have an attitude problem. There' s many other moderate priced hotels in the area that can provide a clean, properly prepared room without the attitude.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:00 pm

The Wembley Plaza Hotel. (The hotel even they dare not call a Hilton!)
Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
Originally Posted by sonofliberty
The Hilton Resort in Sandestin, Florida is pretty yucky.
Add to the preceeding shark attacks! The 14-year-old girl killed yesterday by a Bull Shark was swimming directly off the beach at this hotel. I heard the locals talking about how sharks like the warm gulf waters, but it didn't register until now.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sonofliberty
Add to the preceeding shark attacks! The 14-year-old girl killed yesterday by a Bull Shark was swimming directly off the beach at this hotel. I heard the locals talking about how sharks like the warm gulf waters, but it didn't register until now.
Great so now its Hilton fault.
FYI the girl attacked was on a surfboard ( do you understand the significance of the difference?)
Let see now, any surfers attacked in CA by sharks mistaking them for seals or sea-lions? or do those nice Hilton properties on the coast deter all that?

mike
Old Jun 26, 2005, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by HOU-Tee
The Hampton Inn South Austin!!, the beds were the worst I have ever slept on. You can really tell the corporate locations versus the franchise(India) owned

If you want a Hampton Inn in Austin, try the new airport location. MUCH nicer, and only a few miles down the road. I used to stay at the South Austin location, and thought it needed some work. Both the rooms and the staff.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 6:25 pm

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
Originally Posted by pinniped
Are you guys talking about the worst Hilton anywhere, or just the worst Hilton other than the Kansas City Airport Hilton?

I don't know about the KC Airprot Hilton but the Embassy Suites Hotel Kansas City-Plaza is a dump with a I don't give a rip staff. Complained to Hilton and they told me 3 times that the manager would call me. Didn't happen and finally Hilton refunded my money for 1 of the 4 nights I stayed.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by MileKing
Hampton Inn - Dulles Airport. It was a real dump, although they were renovating when we were there about 18 months ago. Anyone been there since the renovations?
I was going to name this property as the worst Hilton property I've ever seen, but you beat me to it. I've stayed at red roof inn's that were much nicer than this one.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Superd1
I don't know about the KC Airprot Hilton but the Embassy Suites Hotel Kansas City-Plaza is a dump with a I don't give a rip staff. Complained to Hilton and they told me 3 times that the manager would call me. Didn't happen and finally Hilton refunded my money for 1 of the 4 nights I stayed.
Yeah, that's a pretty gross one too. And don't be confused by the use of the word "Plaza" in the title: this hotel is several blocks north of the Country Club Plaza, which is what they are obviously trying to play on with that word in the name.

Come to think of it, there really isn't a great HHonors property anywhere in Kansas City that I'm aware of. Whenever people ask me, I recommend the downtown Marriott for a business hotel or the Fairmont (Plaza) for more of a romantic place. Also have no problems recommending the Hyatt, either Sheraton, or Westin to folks who like GP or SPG. (Both are clean and nice, but neither are remarkable in any way.) But I can't think of an HH place that I'd steer anybody to anywhere in town. I know there are a bunch of Doubletrees, Hamptons, Homewoods, HGI's, etc. around but I have never been to any of them.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:56 am

Agree with the KC observations.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:45 pm

Seattle Hilton

is awful. First of all, I was travelling with my father 9he is diamond and I am gold) and they gave us a double bed and then said that they had no other rooms available. I ended up sleeping on a rollaway. It was a regular room that was really small and ugly and we were on the top floor! The lounge was the sizeof our room. And, the tv was broken. They did give free alcohol though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.