Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Worst Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2004, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)

It occurred recently in Beaumont, Texas. This Hilton needs to be blown up and replaced by something better...

Question: Who is the best to complain about service and all else to?

The Long Details below:
Basically some bad service, A/C, and restaurant issues....Checked in and was told that the card key maker was broken so that the maintenance guy would have to let me in. I would be able to get my key the next morning. I'm gold level, yet they still charge me for high-speed internet -- front desk wouldn't waive......Following morning, I went downstairs and realized I forgot my free bfast coupon so went to the desk -- key reader wasn't working yet, so I just asked for another coupon. I told them what room I was in and they said that that room was vacant -- they looked my name up and I just got an "oh, I see" and I got the coupon. I worked 14 hours that day and came in and got my key card. Went to the room and it was not made up, etc...when I called down to complain I was told it would take 30 mins to have someone deliver towels or fix the room. No appologies, just an "oh". They said they'd have new towels delivered right out of my room for the following morning, but there were none. The bill I received only had one night yet I stayed two. I called down to let them know of the error -- and I was told,
Them: "oh, we show you only stayed here for 1 nite".
Me: "Honestly, I really stayed for 2, can you redo the bill and have it ready when I come down in 30 minutes"
Them: "Sure, no problem"
In a hurry, I got downstairs and they handed me another bill for the same one night. Explained issue again, this time I'm willing to forget the error, and they said it would take a few minutes to make the changes. Again no applogies/thanks and just handed me the bill.

Additional issues: The restaurant breakfast buffet was nasty -- broken sunken tiles everywhere and it looked like it needed a good cleaning. Air conditioner made a loud bang every time it went on yet it was too warm to turn it off (and me too tired and not enough time to change rooms).

Last edited by azoomee; Apr 3, 2004 at 7:36 am
Old Apr 2, 2004, 8:42 pm

Can you provide some details?
Old Apr 2, 2004, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Thumbs down

London Hilton Hyde Park
Old Apr 3, 2004, 12:15 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Hilton, Woodland Hills, CA
Old Apr 3, 2004, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Hilton Bristol (UK) the place is like faulty towers. From arriving to check out it was just a long succession of disasters delivered by totally unmotivated, badly trained surly staff headed by an assistant manager who seemed to spend most of his time runing around the place, cluthing a portable radio, sweat oozing from his overweight frame - the GM - inept is going easy on the guy - is a total jerk - he tells so many lies he now belives them.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
I stayed at that same hotel in Beaumont. Rest. was bad, but the bellman were amazing. They drove us to town to any place we wanted to eat. I left my jacket in the van and the driver tracked me down to return it.
I agree that the hotel needs some work. My room was OK a corner room that was rather large.
The worst thing was that even though it was next to the interstate I felt i was in the middle of no where.
Just my 2 cents
Old Apr 3, 2004, 3:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Wow...I have to say that the worst stay I had was last year when we decided to stay at a Westin instead! We were kicking ourselves for not staying loyal to Hilton.

For years we've had nothing but great stays, in Hiltons, HGI, ES, and Hamptons. And looking forward to it staying that way
Old Apr 4, 2004, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

Call and get the general manager's name, then write an email or letter, listing everything that happened. I had a bad stay last summer at HGVC Orlando, including coming back at night to find housekeeping had left my door open. (Fortunately nothing was stolen.) Was moved to another room but nothing done on site to comp me for everything that went wrong even after I talked with manager on duty. Wrote to general manager when I got home. Received a letter of apology and a certificate for five free nights in a larger room. Used the cert last month; the room was larger and far more luxurious than I would have booked on my own. It was one of the best stays I've had anywhere.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 8:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by linsj
Yes, now that I've read it again, that was indeed the question--I let the title of the thread and the subsequent posts distract me. Thanks for getting us back on-track
Old Apr 4, 2004, 8:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by azoomee
The bill I received only had one night yet I stayed two. I called down to let them know of the error.
Well, if your company is paying the tab, I can understand the complaint. However, if I was paying the tab, I would have left with the free night!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 11:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thumbs down Worst Hilton "family" stay... MIA Doubletree Club

Several (family) were meeting in Maimi and continuing on to a dive adventure in the Caribbean's macro critter capital, St. Vincent, and had to overnight inear the MIA airport. We chose... the Doubletree Club MIA

The lobby was dank and humid, the sleepy and completely uncaring receptionist likewise. Though the hotel was (unsurprisingly) pratically empty, we were assigned rooms far apart - down a warren of corridors with ancient carpets, dirty enough to grow potatoes in. The rooms were badly used, poorly furnished, had asthmatic and loud air conditioning that was practically unregulatable and inadequate, poorly-cleaned bathrooms (running hot and cold mold,) and every other lodging negative you can imagine. Too nasty a property for even drug couriers to hole up in, I'd say.

Next day, there was what could have passed for a high school cafeteria, where we had to purchase our breakfast (not much, and most of it a bit stale.) My Diamond status? Coupons? Continental breakfast? Bottles of water? Amenitii? Fuhgeddaboudit!

Uncaring staff (when you could find him,) poorly kept premises, this dump isn't even for the birds, as it would be far from their flight paths. It would take a "club" to make me stay there again... Two used matchsticks on the DoubleTree scale

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 4, 2004 at 11:28 am Reason: typoes ;)
Old Apr 4, 2004, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by linsj
Call and get the general manager's name, then write an email or letter, listing everything that happened.
I second this suggestion. It's a great first step, although not quite a guarantee of satisfaction. While more often than not managers are truly interested in their customers satisfaction, sometimes extra steps are needed to get your message through. If you do not hear back from the manager, find out whether the property in question is corporate owned or franchised (call the hotel and ask who owns it and what are the owner's contact numbers) and follow up with a letter, with a copy to customer relations division of the Hilton corporate headquarters.

Over the years of travel, I had to follow this approach on two occasions, once with Hilton, and the other with Starwood. In both cases I received fast responses from the corporate offices with apologies and compensation.

Also, since in the case of azoomee none of the problems was related to loyalty program or status recognition, I'd leave HHonors out of it.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 1:42 pm

Off-Topic

Originally Posted by JDiver
had to overnight inear the MIA airport. We chose... the Doubletree Club MIA
OT: Next time you need an overnight stay near the MIA airport and want an HH property, go for the Homewood Suites. Incomparably beter than that DT!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 1:45 pm

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
Worse stay Hilton Atlanta, in fact it was so bad not only the hotel but management, Hilton gave me 2 coupons for free stays Embassy suites. Replaced the manager and offered me a free room any time in Atlanta.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 2:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks, Eugene! I've used other HH products in the vicinity, this defintely adds one... (maybe not so OT, as it's still bad vs good HH properties?)

Originally Posted by Eugene
OT: Next time you need an overnight stay near the MIA airport and want an HH property, go for the Homewood Suites. Incomparably beter than that DT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.