Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Price Match After 24hrs

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite : HH Blue : AA : WR : VX Elevate : VS Flying Club : Amtk GR
Price Match After 24hrs

I have a stay coming up at the Hampton Inn Providence I booked rooms directly through Hilton's site and now I noticed that both rooms are not $20 cheaper on their site. The problem is I'm past the 24hrs window for a guarantee and I did the HHonors discount rate.

What's the best way to trybto get the price match guarantee?
Old May 14, 2024, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Toshiro Hitsugaya
I have a stay coming up at the Hampton Inn Providence I booked rooms directly through Hilton's site and now I noticed that both rooms are not $20 cheaper on their site. The problem is I'm past the 24hrs window for a guarantee and I did the HHonors discount rate.

What's the best way to trybto get the price match guarantee?
Cancel and rebook.
Craig6z, indufan and diesteldorf like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Cancel and rebook.
Agree completely. I do this all the time with Hilton and rarely book ADVANCED PURCHASE anymore, unless I have information that makes me think the hotel will sell out or dramatically increase in price.
Having the flexibility to cancel and rebook at a lower rate is a huge benefit. GOOD LUCK.
Old May 15, 2024, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hilton does now have the option of requesting a PMG on a prepaid rate without having to prepay. That's not the case with Marriott, unfortunately.
Old May 17, 2024, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Cancel and rebook unless it's the non-refundable rate. I do this all of the time and have saved thousands over the years.
Old May 18, 2024, 4:30 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I haven't tried it but apparently Advance Purchases in North America can be refunded less a fee - see https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/0...and-caribbean/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.