Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton has No executive lounges in Florida or California?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton has No executive lounges in Florida or California?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Caviar in a NA hotel lounge lol. Never seen caviar in any Fairmont Gold lounge (which you pay for) either or IHG Intecontinental lounges which are much nicer than any Hilton Executive lounge I have ever been to (comparing IC Montreal and Toronto (which are far from the best in the network) and Hilton Quebec for example).

I think you need to manage your expectations.
I did not say that I have ever seen caviar, just what an average person off the street might imaging an executive lounge to have. That is was more then some kind of little grab-N-go thing is a side room in the lobby.

I did however expect there to be a lounge available, especially at their more hotel collection or in their fancy areas of the country like Las Vegas or parts of California.
Did not realize there was a lounge bloodbath because of the coronavirus. I was hoping these are temporary measures. Here in Florida, we did not even have lockdown like the other places in the country. We stayed open for business.

This is a picture from an image search for hilton executive lounge

Image search for Hilton Lounge
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by miogpsrocksProton
I did not say that I have ever seen caviar, just what an average person off the street might imaging an executive lounge to have.
This is exactly what you said:

“The idea of eating caviar and drinking wine while overlooking the city from the best view of the Hotel is what I am thinking of an executive lounge.”
Admiral Ackbar, SPN Lifer and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
This is exactly what you said:

“The idea of eating caviar and drinking wine while overlooking the city from the best view of the Hotel is what I am thinking of an executive lounge.”
Like daydreaming about might be theoretically possible, not what I literally expected to happen. Like the idea or concept. Like the idea of owning a exotic car of Miami Vice style vs the reality of it of being ripped off by sleazy mechanics and having to spend thousands on some small part that no one can find, etc..

I can tell you I did literally expect to have a nice area on the top level of the hotel with a great view, not some small first floor area tucked away in the back with dried cereal. Such as in the pictures.

What other unpleasant surprised should I be made aware of for the diamond status, or am I better off abandoning Hilton diamond status dream and focus on Marriott platinum instead?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What other unpleasant surprised should I be made aware of for the diamond status, or am I better off abandoning Hilton diamond status dream and focus on Marriott platinum instead?
I maintain Hilton Diamond (via Aspire) primarily for overseas Hilton stays where elite status still gets you some tangible benefits. I think the same is true for Marriott (though here I currently only have Gold, which is not very useful). For domestic hotel stays I have gone mostly free agent - I book where price and location and award earnings meet my goals, often through AA Hotels to earn AA miles and LPs instead of hotel elite credits that are not worth anything.
CJ99 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:45 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Marriott lounges are as dreadful as Hilton, in North American hotels at least. The only hotels that have the type of lounge you mention (sans caviar) for sure are Intercontinental (you can choose Club access after staying 40 nights) and Fairmont Gold for which you need to get a room on a Gold floor.

Outside of NA the quality narrows greatly and you have some very nice lounges across all chains.

I am sure the Ritz-Carltons, Waldorfs et al have very nice lounges as well but they are outside my price point.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
There is absolutely no lounge at the Hilton Del Mar... And “eating caviar?”
Sorry, this made me LOL.

I don't think I've been to even one hotel in North America post-covid that still had a lounge. Pre-covid, it was abundant. That caviar dream tho.

OP: as others mentioned, some lounges in Asia are closer to what you imagine. Even a Courtyard lounge in Asia is better than just about any lounge I've been to in North America.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Marriott lounges are as dreadful as Hilton, in North American hotels at least.
Marriott has a weird love-hate relationship with lounges. I've stayed in hotels that actively promote the "M Club" - and even a few who provide adequate service there - and then others who have banished the lounge entirely or offer a dreadful bare-bones one.

Stayed at the Whitley Hotel in Atlanta last week; it had a lounge that was quite good by North American standards. In fact, this entire hotel felt like early 2000's in terms of all-around hospitality and quality - great service all around, everything open and operational when it was supposed to be, very clean, etc. No caviar, but....good. Both breakfast and evening. And, Atlanta being Atlanta: Coca-Cola products!

Most of the Marriott lounges are bleak, but they don't seem to have been as straight-line banished as they have at Hilton.
Admiral Ackbar and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
I did not say that I have ever seen caviar, just what an average person off the street might imaging an executive lounge to have. That is was more then some kind of little grab-N-go thing is a side room in the lobby.

I did however expect there to be a lounge available, especially at their more hotel collection or in their fancy areas of the country like Las Vegas or parts of California.
Did not realize there was a lounge bloodbath because of the coronavirus. I was hoping these are temporary measures. Here in Florida, we did not even have lockdown like the other places in the country. We stayed open for business.

This is a picture from an image search for hilton executive lounge

Image search for Hilton Lounge
Hi,

That is a photo of the lounge at the Conrad Dubai , in the UAE
It is a very nice lounge

Regards

TBS
SPN Lifer, GentleGiant and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
There is absolutely no lounge at the Hilton Del Mar, no matter what you may wish to believe. I stay at that property frequently. And “eating caviar?” You’d be well-served by re-setting your expectations around US lounges.
And, if there was one there wouldn't be much of a view let alone "while overlooking the city from the best view of the Hotel." It would be the 5 or the back side of the track!
smmrfld and dlaue like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dontalay
There was one at Hilton Miami Dadeland when I stayed in March 2023. It was literally a couple tables, a fridge with waters, and a coffee machine. I was very disappointed. Looking at their website now, it looks like they got rid of it.
I am at the Hilton Dadeland right now.
Executive lounge is open and serves coffee, Nestle Pure Life bottled water, Lays ready salted crisps and Kelloggs Nutri Grain bars

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.