Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton has No executive lounges in Florida or California?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone confirm that Hilton has No executive lounges in Florida or California on any Hilton property?

I read an article online saying the way to find hotels with an executive lounge is to search a location on the Hilton property search and used the filter for executive lounge.

I tried doing this filter for executive lounge. I searched Florida, California, Chicago, etc..... Nothing.

Is this right, or does the filter on their website not work?

Florida and California are big states with a lot of Hilton property. I can't believe there is not even 1 executive lounge in any of them.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:22 pm

There was one at Hilton Miami Dadeland when I stayed in March 2023. It was literally a couple tables, a fridge with waters, and a coffee machine. I was very disappointed. Looking at their website now, it looks like they got rid of it.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:53 pm

Why would you doubt this?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
They'd be utter crap anyway, and nothing like the lounges in the Middle East, Asia and Europe.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:23 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
In late november 2023...Hilton had something like 32 lounges left in the States....as as posted higher, most of them with no interest! So not suprising if none in CA or FL!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Hilton Orlando no longer has a lounge?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dontalay
There was one at Hilton Miami Dadeland when I stayed in March 2023. It was literally a couple tables, a fridge with waters, and a coffee machine. I was very disappointed. Looking at their website now, it looks like they got rid of it.
Perhaps or perhaps the Hilton website filter does not work as advertised?

I have tried to contact customer service, but they just deflect by saying like " try back in a few hours or a few days,etc.."

I was reading on a hotel review about an executive lounge at a Hilton property in Orlando,FL, yet the website shows nothing in Orlando.

So either there are no executive lounges in Florida, California or Chicago or the website executive lounge filter does not work right.

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Hilton Orlando no longer has a lounge?
I have read about the Hilton Orlando having a lounge online, yet their system does not even show this as being a lounge.

Is it possible their website might be not working correctly ?

Florida and California are big tourist places with a lot of high-end hotels from Hilton. I can't believe there being zero lounges in these 2 states.

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
In late november 2023...Hilton had something like 32 lounges left in the States....as as posted higher, most of them with no interest! So not suprising if none in CA or FL!
Where did you read that there are only 32 lounges left? Could the lounge filter option just be broken.

I read on another website that the Hilton Orlando has a lounge, but the Hilton website shows zero lounges in Florida, California or even Chicago.

I can't get a straight answer from their customer support either. They keep trying to ignore and sidestep the question.

Originally Posted by Schwann
They'd be utter crap anyway, and nothing like the lounges in the Middle East, Asia and Europe.
Regardless of how good or bad they are, why censor the information on the website? I don't get it.
​​​​​​​

Last edited by cblaisd; Mar 27, 2024 at 5:00 am Reason: merged poster's four consecutive posts
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Pre covid and a few years prior to that there were lounges at the hilton los angeles airport and the hilton Orlando lake buena vista ( across from Disney springs) but these have now gone doni think it is likely there are no lounges in florida and california

Regards

Tbs
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
To anyone who and been noticing the trends and following this forum over the past five years, there is absolutely nothing surprising about the fact that there are no HH Executive Lounges in Florida or California.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Pre covid and a few years prior to that there were lounges at the hilton los angeles airport and the hilton Orlando lake buena vista ( across from Disney springs) but these have now gone doni think it is likely there are no lounges in florida and california

Regards

Tbs
Nerdwallet literally said there is a executive lounge in Hilton San Diego/Del Mar in an article on May 13, 2022.

Last time I checked, San Diego is in California.

Also, Nerdwallet said there is a executive lounge in Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing., but the Hilton website said no lounge in Philadelphia.

Both Florida and California are massively large state with are top tourist locations. Orlando along has all the Disney, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, conventions centers, etc.

Also, I thought the lounges was a major selling point for the diamond elite status membership. The idea of eating caviar and drinking wine while overlooking the city from the best view of the Hotel is what I am thinking of an executive lounge.

Hilton support seemed reluctant to confirm that either there are no lounges in Florida, California or that the website has problems.
I also checked, Chicago, NV(including all the Vegas properties, resorts world, Waldorf Astoria, the grand vacation clubs stuff I assume,

So, Florida, California, Philadelphia, Chicago, Vegas and state of NV with nothing etc...

I guess if this is all some big trend because of the Coronavirus, that might explain things, but I thought those days were behind us.

Makes me wonder if diamond status is worth going after if the major selling point of the lounge is nonexistence or some kind of secret room they won't admit to having.

Maybe someone reading this thread can confirm they have recently been to an executive lounge in a location that the Hilton website said does not exist. This is indeed disappointing news if true. I was hoping it was just a website malfunction.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Lounges do not generate revenue, they generate cost. They've been replaced by grab-and-go kiosks and other revenue-generating opportunities.
  • Hilton Shreveport: Gorgeous lounge on the top floor. Free snacks and drinks all day. Free bar service each evening. Closed during COVID. Replaced 3 years later with a restaurant.
  • Hilton Pensacola Beach: Amazing 2nd-floor lounge overlooking the pool and beach. Indoor and outdoor seating. Great view of the Blue Angels' air shows. Replaced with a sushi restaurant that I've never seen busy.

Hilton's website shows 11 properties with lounges in the "southeast". None of which are in Florida.

Same search shows 1 lounge in the "southwest"... and it's in Mexico.
SPN Lifer and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by miogpsrocksProton
Nerdwallet literally said there is a executive lounge in Hilton San Diego/Del Mar in an article on May 13, 2022.

Last time I checked, San Diego is in California.

Also, Nerdwallet said there is a executive lounge in Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing., but the Hilton website said no lounge in Philadelphia.

Both Florida and California are massively large state with are top tourist locations. Orlando along has all the Disney, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, conventions centers, etc.

Also, I thought the lounges was a major selling point for the diamond elite status membership. The idea of eating caviar and drinking wine while overlooking the city from the best view of the Hotel is what I am thinking of an executive lounge.

Hilton support seemed reluctant to confirm that either there are no lounges in Florida, California or that the website has problems.
I also checked, Chicago, NV(including all the Vegas properties, resorts world, Waldorf Astoria, the grand vacation clubs stuff I assume,

So, Florida, California, Philadelphia, Chicago, Vegas and state of NV with nothing etc...

I guess if this is all some big trend because of the Coronavirus, that might explain things, but I thought those days were behind us.

Makes me wonder if diamond status is worth going after if the major selling point of the lounge is nonexistence or some kind of secret room they won't admit to having.

Maybe someone reading this thread can confirm they have recently been to an executive lounge in a location that the Hilton website said does not exist. This is indeed disappointing news if true. I was hoping it was just a website malfunction.
There is absolutely no lounge at the Hilton Del Mar, no matter what you may wish to believe. I stay at that property frequently. And “eating caviar?” You’d be well-served by re-setting your expectations around US lounges.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:05 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Caviar in a NA hotel lounge lol. Never seen caviar in any Fairmont Gold lounge (which you pay for) either or IHG Intecontinental lounges which are much nicer than any Hilton Executive lounge I have ever been to (comparing IC Montreal and Toronto (which are far from the best in the network) and Hilton Quebec for example).

I think you need to manage your expectations.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm surprised the flagship Hiltons in Chicago don't have lounges. I remember both Palmer House and the main Hilton on Michigan Avenue across from Grant Park having huge lounges. I want to say you could even go directly to the lounge to check in....but that may have been a long time ago.

It's been at least 10 years since I've stayed in the big Hiltons there...they are so big I never really enjoyed the hassle, preferring the newer smaller HGIs in the area instead. They have beautiful common areas though...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:06 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by smmrfld
There is absolutely no lounge at the Hilton Del Mar, no matter what you may wish to believe. I stay at that property frequently. And “eating caviar?” You’d be well-served by re-setting your expectations around US lounges.
And I can confirm that there was never an EL at the Hilton Del Mar, at least not in my memory. It did, however, check government IDs for government rate bookings, which was uncommon.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.