Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hampton Inn prototype and brand refresh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hampton Inn prototype and brand refresh

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aww3583
[...]
- Marketing folks must get paid by word count.
[...]
Well observed and said.
Originally Posted by aww3583
[...]
Owners will set the temp at the most economic setting.
[...]
Or put in motion-sensing thermostats that let the temperature shoot up when they detect no motion (like when people have gone to sleep).
Originally Posted by Bluefan75
[...] Like the showers with the half walls, it makes one wonder whether the people who design hotel rooms, ever actually stay in hotels.
Another phrasing I wish I had thought to express.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think in general Hilton/ Marriott have too many "brands." [...]
Well, that's the truth.

But what I really want to know is whether there will be a customer-facing laundry. Am I the only person who travels long enough that washing clothes is necessary?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
But what I really want to know is whether there will be a customer-facing laundry. Am I the only person who travels long enough that washing clothes is necessary?
A guest laundry exists at plenty of Hampton locations already. With that said, IMHO, no, you will never see that as a standard across the chain. Too many different building layouts where the space for that has never existed and I don't see Hilton squeezing franchisees to force them to add on something like that. I work at a property that has washers/dryers and the money they generate is minimal. It would be a hard sell to spend CAPEX dollars to retrofit /add on a space when it would take ??? years to recoup those costs.

Originally Posted by Sisosig
I can’t imagine that regular tableware takes up more space than a few weeks stock of disposable plastic. How much extra garbage bins and storage does that take?
It all comes down to cost. From HD Supply I can buy 12 non-disposable forks for $6 or I can buy 1000 disposable ones for $40. Not hard to see which will be the winner.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:47 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever

It all comes down to cost. From HD Supply I can buy 12 non-disposable forks for $6 or I can buy 1000 disposable ones for $40. Not hard to see which will be the winner.
So comparing apples to apples it equals 80 metal forks for $40.
Suppose you'll lose 4 each day, those will last 20 days.

1000 disposable forks will last how many days?

On my next roadtrip in the USA, only one out of fourteen stays will be at a Hampton Inn. Entirely because there is no other Hilton option and the rate in points is better than the rate in cash, so it sort of feels like I'm staying for free.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
[QUOTE=flyerCO;36102958]
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever

Dr. Pepper is neither Coke nor Pepsi product. Rather depending Dr. PEPPER is distributed by both depending on who has agreement in that area. I've seen at properties with Coke and at those with Pepsi.
Correct, and you can tell who the distributor/bottler is in the local market by the shape of the two liter bottles, i.e. if Coca-Cola bottled it, the Dr. Pepper bottle is shaped like a two liter Coke bottle and if Pepsico bottled it, the Dr. Pepper bottle is shaped like a two liter Pepsi bottle.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sisosig
If Austin doesn’t take action, people in Texas will be forced to drink Mr. Pibb.
Actually living in Texas and preferring Pibb, there are some places where you can find it, I know in the DFW area it is available. I have yet to find it around SAT though.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:58 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by zdcatc12
Actually living in Texas and preferring Pibb, there are some places where you can find it, I know in the DFW area it is available. I have yet to find it around SAT though.
Well, as TRGOF clearly pointed out in post number #35 (), you ain't gonna get it. It's fake kombucha or tea, or sports fans drinks. Though I would think it would make sense to make regional variations.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Parking Charge

First off, it's Dr Pepper...not Dr. Pepper. I myself am a Coke Zero fan, so it's nice to see Coke products.

Kind of off topic but it fits w/ revenue generation...has anyone experienced a fee to park (which is negated with a validation code) at a Hampton Inn with an open (non-gated) parking lot? I was recently at a property and was told this is something new with Hilton - was not the case at the beginning of Feb.

Apologies if I've missed a thread already discussing this...
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:58 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by cblaisd
If only biscuits and gravy were to return.
For cblaisd:

This photograph was taken during a recent stay at a Hampton by Hilton hotel property.
cblaisd and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.