Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hampton Inn prototype and brand refresh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Hilton PR from yesterday

Looks like the biggest updates will be making the rooms feel more modern but also doing things to likely make them smaller and potentially with lower-end furniture to meet their first two bullet points: "Optimize Revenue-Generation Opportunities for Hampton Inn & Suites prototypeby increasing total key count within the same footprint" and "Drive Cost-Savings by up to 6% on new FF&E [furniture, fixtures, and equipment] packages". That part I don't love, although the new design isn't bad IMO.

Probably the biggest area of contention here will be replacing the closet with an open rack in the standard room prototype, which I'm probably one of the few who doesn't mind it. Probably half the things I've accidentally left behind in hotel rooms over the years were in the closet because it is out of sight, out of mind when packing and leaving (and often during a last minute room check to confirm I have everything).

Don't mind how big the gym is if that is the new standard - hopefully there are fewer and fewer treadmill-elliptical-bike-handful of light free weights gyms.

Last edited by lowfareair; Mar 21, 2024 at 6:23 am
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:01 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Initial thoughts from the press release:

- Definitely an aesthetic improvement.

- Marketing folks must get paid by word count.

- I've never heard of the "Hampton Sleep Happy experience", but fingers crossed it comes with low-tech thermostats and HVAC systems that produce cool air.

- Didn't know the waffle was "iconic". I'd prefer they focused on high-protein, less-processed breakfast offerings. I frequent an HIS in FL that tests new breakfasts. The chicken and waffles with flavored sauces were great. As were the fruit smoothie selections. Those disappeared 18+ months ago.

- Glad to see them focus on improvements to an existing brand, rather than adding another.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by aww3583
- I've never heard of the "Hampton Sleep Happy experience", but fingers crossed it comes with low-tech thermostats and HVAC systems that produce cool air.

- Didn't know the waffle was "iconic".
Shows what you know....

When traveling with 4 kids the fresh waffles are extremely exciting. We have been known to chose one hotel over the other (assuming all else mostly equal) because one shows the waffle iron in the breakfast photos and the other did not
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:31 am
Original Poster

- Didn't know the waffle was "iconic". I'd prefer they focused on high-protein, less-processed breakfast offerings. I frequent an HIS in FL that tests new breakfasts. The chicken and waffles with flavored sauces were great. As were the fruit smoothie selections. Those disappeared 18+ months ago.
There is a reason why hotels with free breakfasts tend to have a make your own waffle station - outside of being fairly cheap to do (other than a little more cleanup) compared to something like eggs and sausage, it's also a thing that people, especially families, love because it's fun for kids and the waffles will be fresh compared to something sitting in a chafing dish the past 1-2 hours.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lowfareair
There is a reason why hotels with free breakfasts tend to have a make your own waffle station - outside of being fairly cheap to do (other than a little more cleanup) compared to something like eggs and sausage, it's also a thing that people, especially families, love because it's fun for kids and the waffles will be fresh compared to something sitting in a chafing dish the past 1-2 hours.
Also can be a bit localized. Ie waffles in shape of state in.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Hilton PR from yesterday

Looks like the biggest updates will be making the rooms feel more modern but also doing things to likely make them smaller and potentially with lower-end furniture to meet their first two bullet points: "Optimize Revenue-Generation Opportunities for Hampton Inn & Suites prototypeby increasing total key count within the same footprint" and "Drive Cost-Savings by up to 6% on new FF&E [furniture, fixtures, and equipment] packages". That part I don't love, although the new design isn't bad IMO.

Probably the biggest area of contention here will be replacing the closet with an open rack in the standard room prototype, which I'm probably one of the few who doesn't mind it. Probably half the things I've accidentally left behind in hotel rooms over the years were in the closet because it is out of sight, out of mind when packing and leaving (and often during a last minute room check to confirm I have everything).

Don't mind how big the gym is if that is the new standard - hopefully there are fewer and fewer treadmill-elliptical-bike-handful of light free weights gyms.

This looks like what I've come to expect of Hampton Inn overseas. I've always wondered hoe they could be totally different products but still technically the same line.

I just wish they would add ceiling fans. I stay at Homewood Suites often times exclusively because of that.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Does anyone know what the “sleep happy experience” is?

Sstayed at a Hampton a few months ago. Discovered late at night that bed linen had not been replaced after previous guest. Changing the sheets at midnight was not a happy experience. Without my asking, front desk comped the room at checkout.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:15 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Also can be a bit localized. Ie waffles in shape of state in.
In Orlando they have Mickey Mouse shaped waffles. When my kiddos were smaller, they absolutely at those things up. The smiles on their little faces were adorable.
flyerCO likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
The room looks very similar to the recent Hamptons opened in Europe over the last couple of years.
The problem I have with most new Hampton in Europe is that rooms are so compact that unless it is a stay for a single person/single night for example before flying out, I avoid them.
Sisosig and Zurich like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
… Marketing folks must get paid by word count….
To be fair, it’s hard to stop talking when you see a “beacon of humanity” setting a “new benchmark” in its “unwavering commitment” to hospitality as it simultaneously opens a “fresh chapter” of “timeless...enhancements.”

What’a a few extra words in the face of such an “exciting … evolution” of an “iconic,” “powerhouse brand” that continues to “connect people from around the globe”?

Last edited by CJ99; Mar 21, 2024 at 7:42 pm
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Schnit
Shows what you know....

When traveling with 4 kids the fresh waffles are extremely exciting. We have been known to chose one hotel over the other (assuming all else mostly equal) because one shows the waffle iron in the breakfast photos and the other did not
All good points re: travel with kids. I just haven't seen anyone (of any age) use a waffle maker in a Hampton Inn in a very, long time. Not sure I'd associate the word "iconic" with something that's ubiquitous.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
All good points re: travel with kids. I just haven't seen anyone (of any age) use a waffle maker in a Hampton Inn in a very, long time. Not sure I'd associate the word "iconic" with something that's ubiquitous.
Not sure of your age, but Mr. Dracarys age 57 makes and eats a waffle every trip

I have one occasionally and of course my kiddos always have one when we stay.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Glad to see that there is carpet on the floor.

I wonder what the suite layout is.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Waffle maker is why I choose Hampton over HIX whenever possible. They were the first brand that totally embraced it. It is now a hallmark of Hampton
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Does anyone know what the “sleep happy experience” is?

Sstayed at a Hampton a few months ago. Discovered late at night that bed linen had not been replaced after previous guest. Changing the sheets at midnight was not a happy experience. Without my asking, front desk comped the room at checkout.
dirty sheets...yuck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.