Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hampton Inn prototype and brand refresh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hampton Inn prototype and brand refresh

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by cblaisd
If only biscuits and gravy were to return.
I had them. I live better without

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Please remove all single room HVAC units and put in central heat and AC in all Hamptons. Those units are mind numbingly loud.
If they do, also, there will be no risk to be put in a room with the bottom of the HVAC unit rotting away with pieces falling on the carpet (Corpus Christi, TX)
On the other hand, please guarantee me a room where I can actually choose the temperature.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Please remove all single room HVAC units and put in central heat and AC in all Hamptons. Those units are mind numbingly loud.
Big no vote for this.

Owners will set the temp at the most economic setting.

I’d rather wear earplugs than sweat through the sheets.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:10 am

Programs: HH D
I can appreciate the revised Hamp_ton logo. One of the reasons I avoided Hampton as much as possible was because I felt embarrassed to stay in a hotel with such an ugly logo on the front.

Originally Posted by flyerCO

Dr. Pepper is neither Coke nor Pepsi product. Rather depending Dr. PEPPER is distributed by both depending on who has agreement in that area. I've seen at properties with Coke and at those with Pepsi.
If Austin doesn’t take action, people in Texas will be forced to drink Mr. Pibb.
lowfareair and flyerCO like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aww3583
Big no vote for this.

Owners will set the temp at the most economic setting.

I’d rather wear earplugs than sweat through the sheets.
Agree. I like it very cold. (Meds make me warm)

As long as it's a modern new unit, normally no issue with noise. It's the 15 year old units without no PM done that seem to make awful sounds.

Originally Posted by Sisosig
I can appreciate the revised Hamp_ton logo. One of the reasons I avoided Hampton as much as possible was because I felt embarrassed to stay in a hotel with such an ugly logo on the front.

If Austin doesn’t take action, people in Texas will be forced to drink Mr. Pibb.
As long as either the Doctor or the Pibb is offered, I'm happy.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
[QUOTE=flyerCO;36102958]
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever

Dr. Pepper is neither Coke nor Pepsi product. Rather depending Dr. PEPPER is distributed by both depending on who has agreement in that area. I've seen at properties with Coke and at those with Pepsi.
I never said it was. Either way, Dr. Pepper is not an official choice to have going forward.

Official choices are: Smartwater, Desani, Monster, Red Bull, Simply Orange & Lemonade, Fairlife Milk, Kombucha, Gold Peak Sweet & Unsweet Tea, Body Armour, Dunkin Iced Coffee, Sprite, Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Coke.
lowfareair and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Doesn't HIX still have pancake machines?
Yes, at a recent stay I saw (but didn’t use) a pancake printer. Kids seem to like them.

If they just had semi-decent non-industrial bagels, that would be all I would care about. The biscuits at a recent HIX weren’t too bad, but since I don’t eat sausage gravy, they weren’t of much use to me (first day I put some egg-stuff on the biscuit, second day I chose a different place for breakfast).

Is the plan to refurbish many of the near-3000 Hampton to this new standard, or is this new design for newly built properties only?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is the plan to refurbish many of the near-3000 Hampton to this new standard, or is this new design for newly built properties only?
That's the new design going forward.
SPN Lifer and notquiteaff like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Embassy Suite has Biscuits and Gravy. Too high carb for my taste.

My company travel policy is Hilton only so this year, I have been trying all the brands to get a "sense" of what appeals to me. But one needs to remember that the city you are in makes a difference.

Homewood Suites I have stayed in two, one in Fresno (old) and one in SLC (new)
Hampton Inn I have stayed in 1 , in Altus OK. but the staff made the difference.
Embassy Suites I have stayed in 3, 2 in Orange County and the other one in Flagstaff. The rooms were old, and the consistency of housekeeping was horrible. Truly the only redeeming value was the manager's reception for the free drinks. The food at the reception is cheap, and the breakfast is ok, but the line for the made-to-order omelets was too long at all three.
Double Tree in San Diego was fairly new, bright room with plenty of USB ports.
Hilton Gardens I have stayed in 2, both in ND one in Grand Forks and the other in Fargo both were old and tired, however, the staff made the difference.

There is so much inconsistency between these brands. Hilton wants market shares, but they have so many brands that need a refresh I would love to pick one brand within Hilton and know what I'm getting when I arrive. For my work travel, I'd love to see Hampton Inn rebrand itself in what the photos show, I have a gym membership but it appears that EOS Fitness is not in all the cities I travel to so having a gym at the hotel will help me with that. Make the rooms bright, and clean, with plenty of USB charging ports. Having a good breakfast, I have decreased my carb intake, so I mainly just have eggs and meat, which most hotels serve daily.
In 2 weeks I'm trying a Home2Suite for the first time while in Vegas, it's fairly new, so looking forward to this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Mar 24, 2024 at 2:49 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
I would assume the design includes the "barn door" style door to the washroom, which really sucks. My wife got stuck in one(hadn't pulled it too hard but it jumped the latch and couldn't open). Like the showers with the half walls, it makes one wonder whether the people who design hotel rooms, ever actually stay in hotels.
CJ99 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:53 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Embassy Suite has Biscuits and Gravy.
The "Biscuits and Gravy at Honors Properties -- Best and Worst" thread
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Embassy Suite has Biscuits and Gravy. Too high carb for my taste.

My company travel policy is Hilton only so this year, I have been trying all the brands to get a "sense" of what appeals to me. But one needs to remember that the city you are in makes a difference.

Homewood Suites I have stayed in two, one in Fresno (old) and one in SLC (new)
Hampton Inn I have stayed in 1 , in Altus OK. but the staff made the difference.
Embassy Suites I have stayed in 3, 2 in Orange County and the other one in Flagstaff. The rooms were old, and the consistency of housekeeping was horrible. Truly the only redeeming value was the manager's reception for the free drinks. The food at the reception is cheap, and the breakfast is ok, but the line for the made-to-order omelets was too long at all three.
Double Tree in San Diego was fairly new, bright room with plenty of USB ports.
Hilton Gardens I have stayed in 2, both in ND one in Grand Forks and the other in Fargo both were old and tired, however, the staff made the difference.

There is so much inconsistency between these brands. Hilton wants market shares, but they have so many brands that need a refresh I would love to pick one brand within Hilton and know what I'm getting when I arrive. For my work travel, I'd love to see Hampton Inn rebrand itself in what the photos show, I have a gym membership but it appears that EOS Fitness is not in all the cities I travel to so having a gym at the hotel will help me with that. Make the rooms bright, and clean, with plenty of USB charging ports. Having a good breakfast, I have decreased my carb intake, so I mainly just have eggs and meat, which most hotels serve daily.
In 2 weeks I'm trying a Home2Suite for the first time while in Vegas, it's fairly new, so looking forward to this.
I think in general Hilton/ Marriott have too many "brands." For example I don't get why Hilton has both Homewood Suites and Home2Suites. Both which offer studios and bedrooms with full kitchens. Marriott has three is even more confusing (Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, and Element). Over the years any real difference between has evaporated IMO.

Home2Suites are all fairly new, so in general should be good experience. I also enjoy Homewood (i like having ceiling fan for air circulation) but some are really dated. (makes sense as brand has been around longer of the two)

BTW, have to mention, I remember when HGI GFK opened. I was a student at UND, it was 20 years ago. GFK basically didnt exist other than the University/Altru Center that far west at the time. The hotel was basically put in to serve UND needs, plus the occasional concert at the Center.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:26 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Waffle makers generally output better and more edible product than pancake printers, IMO.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I like the redesign. The bed appears to be the European style with a top mattress and a platform. I found those a little hard but I slept well on them. The Canopy I stayed at in Tempe had the same type of platform bed. I think that might be the biggest change with this update.

The individual AC's are good because you can pull the filter out and clean them, since it appears that Hamptons have stopped cleaning their AC filters regularly. Its one of the first things I do when I enter a hotel room with those types of AC systems. As for the noise, I usually set it low and make sure the fan stays on. I always sleep with earplugs. It just fades away.

I stayed in a refreshed Hampton where they eliminated the drawers and instead used wire bins that would pull out. I think that is probably easier to clean (and probably less risk of getting little bedbug hijackers). I use packing cubes, so I can just put them in the wire drawers for those times I stay a few nights. I don't see that in this refresh, but I think dresser drawers are on their way out.

Overall, I think Hampton puts a lot of thought into the room refreshes, and the ones in the past have often been clever and guest focused. I hope these are as well.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
dirty sheets...yuck

Definitely. Very creepy and prior use without laundering was obvious.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:09 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by aww3583
[The silverware will be in a cup where everyone touches everyone else’s forks. All of the reusable stuff requires dishwashers and storage space. More equipment and more staff equals more cost. For Hampton breakfasts, single use items are fine.
Because no one else is responding:

I can’t imagine that regular tableware takes up more space than a few weeks stock of disposable plastic. How much extra garbage bins and storage does that take?

In the previous office I worked, there was a dishwashing machine that took up about 1 square meter. It could clean the entire lunch for 300 people in 10-minute cycles. It needed a dedicated “dishwasher”. But it doesn’t necessarily require that much space.

And I’m just stunned that the average price of a Hampton Inn room in Europe is often only half the price of a comparable one in the United States. Yet, the quality of breakfast is usually much better. And often, there are three people working in table cleaning service and in the kitchen. I don’t understand how they can offer such a poor product in the US for that price, sometimes with only one breakfast staff member taking care of everything.

Also I've never witnessed a guest touching all of the silverware, which is not in a cup anyway.
CJ99, DrLudwig and MP001 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.