Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hampton Inn prototype and brand refresh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hampton Inn prototype and brand refresh

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
[QUOTE=lowfareair;36097395]Don't mind how big the gym is if that is the new standard - hopefully there are fewer and fewer treadmill-elliptical-bike-handful of light free weights gyms./QUOTE]

Fwiw, there are several things in those pictures that do not jive with the current brand standards for Hampton and the gym is one of them. Maybe at the locations in the pipeline going forward, but at an older property it'll be in many cases logistically impossible to offer something that comes close to that picture. The one thing which is accurate, is the picture of the Treat Shop by the front desk. The food/snacks/drinks have, this year, been corporately taken over and properties are now being mandated to carry very specific brands/sizes/products regardless of whether the things you previously had sold well or not.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: HH D
I dreamed that I saw solid plates and metal knives and forks.
timfountain, SPBanker and Zurich like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:14 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
If only biscuits and gravy were to return.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I’ve seen them at a Hampton within the past few weeks. Can’t recall exactly which one out of several I’ve been at, but likely Long Beach Airport.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisosig
You were in Europe during that dream.
Sisosig and MP001 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
They never left. Still very much an official choice to be ordered from Sysco.
cblaisd and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:12 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Please remove all single room HVAC units and put in central heat and AC in all Hamptons. Those units are mind numbingly loud.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Waffle maker is why I choose Hampton over HIX whenever possible. They were the first brand that totally embraced it. It is now a hallmark of Hampton
Doesn't HIX still have pancake machines?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
All Hamptons in europe have real plates and metal knives and forks, at least those I visited in Germany, UK, Ireland, Spain and The Netherlands.
They also offer a good Breakfast with few hot items, cold cuts, fruits, cereals, pastries.
Best breakfast I had in a Hampton was at Hampton Madrid Alcobendas in Spain.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
[QUOTE=The Road Goes On Forever;36101845]
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Don't mind how big the gym is if that is the new standard - hopefully there are fewer and fewer treadmill-elliptical-bike-handful of light free weights gyms./QUOTE]

Fwiw, there are several things in those pictures that do not jive with the current brand standards for Hampton and the gym is one of them. Maybe at the locations in the pipeline going forward, but at an older property it'll be in many cases logistically impossible to offer something that comes close to that picture. The one thing which is accurate, is the picture of the Treat Shop by the front desk. The food/snacks/drinks have, this year, been corporately taken over and properties are now being mandated to carry very specific brands/sizes/products regardless of whether the things you previously had sold well or not.
Standardized treat shop would be a huge improvement!
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:57 pm

[QUOTE=aww3583;36102425]
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever

Standardized treat shop would be a huge improvement!
It's already here. Every property needs to do it asap for this year as it is a QA requirement. Gone will be things like any Pepsi or Dr. Pepper products in favor of all Coke. You'll see things like cans of kombucha, $12 bags of jerky, $10 frozen microwavable truffle mac and cheese meals, bags of cheddar chickpea puffs and all candy must be bought in the king/shareable sizes only. Of course, almost all of the new items are priced varying degrees more expensive than the things they are replacing. A lot of properties are going to have real issues because they want you to carry a lot of new things that most simply don't have the fridge/freezer space for let alone they want a lot of things to be peg bags which the property may or may not be set up for currently.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:27 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
[QUOTE=The Road Goes On Forever;36102473]
Originally Posted by aww3583
all candy must be bought in the king/shareable sizes only
Is Hilton not aware they are a hotel chain?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

It's already here. Every property needs to do it asap for this year as it is a QA requirement. Gone will be things like any Pepsi or Dr. Pepper products in favor of all Coke. You'll see things like cans of kombucha, $12 bags of jerky, $10 frozen microwavable truffle mac and cheese meals, bags of cheddar chickpea puffs and all candy must be bought in the king/shareable sizes only. Of course, almost all of the new items are priced varying degrees more expensive than the things they are replacing. A lot of properties are going to have real issues because they want you to carry a lot of new things that most simply don't have the fridge/freezer space for let alone they want a lot of things to be peg bags which the property may or may not be set up for currently.
Dr. Pepper is neither Coke nor Pepsi product. Rather depending Dr. PEPPER is distributed by both depending on who has agreement in that area. I've seen at properties with Coke and at those with Pepsi.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:15 am
Original Poster

The larger image clearly shows those - I wonder if that will become a brand standard like Homewood has (or at least many more of their properties use real plates and cutlery for breakfast)?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:44 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

Appreciate the info. Definitely a positive development. It’ll be interesting to see how it’s implemented. I’d said 1/3 rural Hampton’s don’t even have a nook.

The metal silverware and ceramic dishes doesn’t move the needle for me. The silverware will be in a cup where everyone touches everyone else’s forks. All of the reusable stuff requires dishwashers and storage space. More equipment and more staff equals more cost. For Hampton breakfasts, single use items are fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.