Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best way to get overcharge refunded ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond

The overcharge happened in the first week of Janauary 2024, and it's now coming to the end of February.

I've called the hotel, and was verbally told it would take around 2 weeks. I waited that time and a few days more, before emailing the GM. Got a "apologies and will look into it" type reply.

End of the month comes, and I settle my credit card bill including the over-billed amount. Again emailed the GM and no reply to date. Wondering what other avenues I have apart from filling a reverse claim on the amount ? The overcharge is about a nightly suite rate (I had prepaid, the hotel took a "deposit" and did not refund this "deposit") And to be clear, I left the room and minibar in perfect condition.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 6:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
DM Hilton on Twitter. It's the only method that gets results anymore. In my experience, refunds take no more than 3-4 business days.

Emailing customer care (corporate or hotel specific), in my experience, no longer provides any value. There used to be a HiltonHonors lurker on this forum but I believe they have moved to a different role in the company.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 10:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sky Miles Gold
Dispute the charge through your credit card. A recent billing issue I had at the Conrad Washington DC took weeks to resolve.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:23 am

Agree Twitter…there is no HH support on this site, and Twitter is far superior to phone or email IME.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by tschwartz
Dispute the charge through your credit card. A recent billing issue I had at the Conrad Washington DC took weeks to resolve.
Be aware that there is a risk your Honors account could be suspended if you go this route.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
DM Hilton on Twitter. It's the only method that gets results anymore. In my experience, refunds take no more than 3-4 business days.

Emailing customer care (corporate or hotel specific), in my experience, no longer provides any value. There used to be a HiltonHonors lurker on this forum but I believe they have moved to a different role in the company.
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Agree Twitter…there is no HH support on this site, and Twitter is far superior to phone or email IME.
Thanks, didn't think of Twitter/X for this.

Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
Be aware that there is a risk your Honors account could be suspended if you go this route.
Hmmm ... was indeed wondering if it would any adverse effects going this route. Especially since I've a few international bookings between now and March. I tend to wait the maximum (3 months) before initiating the card claim though, unless it's really something fraudulent.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sky Miles Gold
I'm a sample size of 1 but it had no impact. The hotel was in error and non-responsive. I had all the documentation and they simply failed to respond to repeated attempts to correct their error.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:17 am

I'm a sample size of 1 but it had no impact. The hotel was in error and non-responsive. I had all the documentation and they simply failed to respond to repeated attempts to correct their error.
​​​​​​I would say it's a fair bet that in a case like this where the hotel is already failing to respond they are unlikely to take the extra step of reporting the member for a charge back, but wanted to put it out there that it is possible. I have suspended several accounts for charge backs (usually accounts using stolen credit cards and digital key fraud)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.