Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q1/2024 promo: 2000 points on each stay, 500 extra to use a digital key

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q1/2024 promo: 2000 points on each stay, 500 extra to use a digital key

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:16 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh
You can request a digital key after you have checked in, or does this disqualify the promotion?
Yes, you can. I've done it that way and got extra points.
SPN Lifer and Lefly like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
I requested digital key after checking in, in fact, it was just before I checked out.
The process was a little bit convoluted, because I had booked the room for two people, it wanted personal details including passport details for 2 people.
(I normally book for two people, because this location they give you a drinks voucher, two people equals 2 x drinks voucher).

it didn’t actually deliver a digital room key, although I have screenshots from the app, saying it had been requested.

Needless to say I haven’t received the points for using digital room key.

Has anybody chased up points for this?
what was the process on the outcome?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:27 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by adobbing
I requested digital key after checking in, in fact, it was just before I checked out.
The process was a little bit convoluted, because I had booked the room for two people, it wanted personal details including passport details for 2 people.
(I normally book for two people, because this location they give you a drinks voucher, two people equals 2 x drinks voucher).

it didn’t actually deliver a digital room key, although I have screenshots from the app, saying it had been requested.

Needless to say I haven’t received the points for using digital room key.

Has anybody chased up points for this?
what was the process on the outcome?
I believe the promo T&Cs state you only get bonus points for using the Digital Key. If you requested and they did not deliver, you won't get the points. You can submit a case to Hilton and see if they throw you a 500 point service recovery.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by aww3583
I believe the promo T&Cs state you only get bonus points for using the Digital Key. If you requested and they did not deliver, you won't get the points. You can submit a case to Hilton and see if they throw you a 500 point service recovery.
what’s the best way nowadays to contact them?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:24 am

I believe the promo T&Cs state you only get bonus points for using the Digital Key. If you requested and they did not deliver, you won't get the points.
The T&C requirement is for the key to be successfully delivered to the app.

Actually using the key (which I would interpret as opening a door, activating the floor select buttons in the lift/elevator...) is not required (personally confirmed on 20 stays this year).

For info: the 500 bonus points have posted along with the other points for all 20 stays without issue.
Sisosig likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
what’s the best way nowadays to contact them?
Twitter/X DM.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by kkong42
The T&C requirement is for the key to be successfully delivered to the app.

Actually using the key (which I would interpret as opening a door, activating the floor select buttons in the lift/elevator...) is not required (personally confirmed on 20 stays this year).

For info: the 500 bonus points have posted along with the other points for all 20 stays without issue.
From Hilton's promo webpage:

Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the promotion period. Additionally, 500 Bonus Points per stay are awarded when using Digital Key during the stay. 500 Points are awarded to the Honors member making the reservation, at a maximum of once per stay for one room on the reservation only, regardless of how many times Digital Key is successfully used during the stay. The Digital Key must be successfully issued during the stay to be eligible.
Looks like the DK must be issued AND used to earn points.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Twitter/X DM.
Correct. Twitter is the only way to get response nowadays.
adobbing likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:40 am

Looks like the DK must be issued AND used to earn points.
Incorrect.

From the Promo FAQ (and verified by my 20 stays so far this year, during which I received the DK but have never used it):

​​​​Digital Key must be successfully issued to the Hilton Honors app during the stay in order to be eligible for the 500 Bonus Points.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kkong42
Incorrect.

From the Promo FAQ (and verified by my 20 stays so far this year, during which I received the DK but have never used it):
I also received the 500 bonus points in an instance where I requested the digital key but it was never successfully delivered to app.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Twitter/X DM.
Successful Twitter exchange resulted in a 500 point “promotional credit”
SPN Lifer and smmrfld like this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Another data point. I selected a room on the app prior to check in, requested digital key, and received the notification that my room was ready and my digital key active.

I 'checked in' at the front desk on arrival, and they were surprised to see me because I had already checked in, but I nevertheless asked for and received a (minor) upgrade.

I never reissued (or whatever) the digital key for my new room, but when points posted for the stay (in less than 24 hours) I received the 500 digital key points.

I never used the digital key (in case that wasn't apparent).

Last edited by dwcatty; Feb 24, 2024 at 8:03 pm Reason: last line
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
I would disagree a bit. Unless I've missed something and he's been let go, Hilton Honors Representative here is a very good resource. Hilton haven't made many good decisions in the last several years, but picking him up when he was done at Starwood was one.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bluefan75
I would disagree a bit. Unless I've missed something and he's been let go, Hilton Honors Representative here is a very good resource. Hilton haven't made many good decisions in the last several years, but picking him up when he was done at Starwood was one.
I would agree for the most part. All of my previous experiences with the forum rep had been positive. Unfortunately, I recently had an issue with being unable to gift Gold status. It's a known issue reported by other posters, as well. He was working on it for me, but I never received a resolution.

He also hasn't posted since 1/3/2024.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:13 pm

I don't use Twitter/X, but I continue to have a decent experience via email.

Usually - but not always - resolving the issue at the first attempt within a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.