Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q1/2024 promo: 2000 points on each stay, 500 extra to use a digital key

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/2...-plus/landing/

Register now and earn 2,000 Bonus Points on every stay between January 1 – May 1, 2024, plus 500 Bonus Points per stay when you use Digital Key.

Terms & Conditions

Offer valid for stays completed January 1 – May 1, 2024 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PointsPlus prior to completing a stay within the Promotion period.

Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before January 1, 2024, will receive Bonus Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after January 1, 2024, and prior to or on May 1, 2024.

Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the promotion period. Additionally, 500 Bonus Points per stay are awarded when using Digital Key during the stay. 500 Points are awarded to the Honors member making the reservation, at a maximum of once per stay for one room on the reservation only, regardless of how many times Digital Key is successfully used during the stay. The Digital Key must be successfully issued during the stay to be eligible.

There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the promotion period with this offer.

For examples and further details, please see the FAQ page.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:57 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Winter/spring '24 (non-)promotion: Points Plus

Just like the last year, we're getting nothing substantial this winter: 2500 points per stay + 500 extra points if you obtain a digital key (which is not offered at most properties I frequent...).

You can register here: https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/2...-plus/landing/
​​​​​
bertles86 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:02 am

Benefits of the Promo:

1. Better than nothing.

2. Two HGI's within 5km opposite side of city where i am ...one HGI great GM, other HGI the Sales Director useless/non-responsive to get a price quote for a long stay ...and then go to book and she reneged twice on prices in email.
Maybe i'll do 1 night the cool HGI, one night Marriott ,.. repeat for several days

3. For me, gives answer as to when i should checkout on my current stay (already 38 nights)
... i should make a checkout on 27th , collecting 5 Milestones and 58 nights Bonus
(versus checkingout on Jan 1 without 2x & without Milestones, but would quickly get those Milestones in 2024 ..nothing at 10 & 20 nights, but reaching 60 nights in first week of January with 40k = 10k regular + 30k at 60 bonus)

4. If price per night low, then the 2000 (or 2500) is worth a lot
eg. if price $50 + taxes, then the 2000 is like 4x Bonus
kevino likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Expatriate
​​​​​4. If price per night low
...and if you're staying just one night.
:D! and wizla like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Curious to see how they'll track digital key activation/usage. Will it need to be requested before check-in, or at any point during the stay, etc., etc.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Curious to see how they'll track digital key activation/usage. Will it need to be requested before check-in, or at any point during the stay, etc., etc.
I bet as long as you check-in online you will get the points. I mean half the time it doesn't work, so you might need to get a physical key.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Weak.

I have no interest in ever using a digital key, 500 pts isn't going to make me.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Meta comment: I am shocked that it took 9+ hrs for the first comment. Usually speculation of upcoming promos starts days or weeks before the announcement, and so I searched and looked around to make sure there wasn’t already a thread because I couldn’t believe I was the first to post about this. Where is everyone?

On Topic comment: very weak promo for me personally. I might have two fairly expensive one week stays, and a flat 2k isn’t very exciting. Maybe will have a few shorter stays (think night at the airport hotel), and for those it will be okay, especially if I burn a free night. Will request the digital key, but generally don’t use it.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:04 am

as mentioned above in #2

<< Maybe i'll do 1 night the cool HGI, one night Marriott ,.. repeat for several days >>

Yes, one night Stays
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bse118
Weak.

I have no interest in ever using a digital key, 500 pts isn't going to make me.
Same here. But I'm sure we both registered for the promo anyway. 2k points is better than nothing, but very weak for longer stays.
bse118, Zurich and BEPJR5K like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Originally Posted by Promo FAQ
Digital Key must be successfully issued to the Hilton Honors app during the stay in order to be eligible for the 500 Bonus Points.
I doubt that actually using the Digital Key will be required.
indufan likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I bet as long as you check-in online you will get the points. I mean half the time it doesn't work, so you might need to get a physical key.
Checking in online doesn't give you a Digital Key automatically.
These are two separate actions.
As stated in the promo FAQ, delivery of the Digital Key to the Hilton Honors app is the requirement in order to receive the 500 points.
SPN Lifer and :D! like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 10:49 am

I love these promos that are bonuses per night. Great when you can alternate P1 and P2 each night
Old Dec 8, 2023, 11:14 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Hasn't the Jan-May promo been fixed points per stay for many years now?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
Hasn't the Jan-May promo been fixed points per stay for many years now?
Quick Google search:

2023: double points and 1000 pts for every brand
2022: 2500 pts per stay
2021: 2000 pts per stay and 5000 pts every five nights
2020: 2000 pts per stay and 10,000 pts every 10 nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.