Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

"Resort to More Points." Summer promo, May 1 - September 5, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Resort to More Points." Summer promo, May 1 - September 5, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
If this was really a risk, it can easily be managed by capping the number of bonus points for a long stay in the same place, or limiting the promotion to more expensive brands.

Marriott's latest promotion offers 1000 points PER NIGHT.
1000 bonus points isn't a lot , but at least you get them every night without having to change hotels every day.

I still think "PER STAY" bonus promotions are pretty silly.
I definitely think the promotion is designed to generate business rather than reward people for already booked nights. I think the random leisure traveler will think stays are better than nights. It's marketing. Hilton could also be encouraging hotel hopping so we try different brands.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I definitely think the promotion is designed to generate business rather than reward people for already booked nights. I think the random leisure traveler will think stays are better than nights. It's marketing. Hilton could also be encouraging hotel hopping so we try different brands.
Yes, extending the different brand extra 1000 pts would have been nice added on to this promo.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 2:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I have a booking on the 29th of April at the Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai Hilton. 3 nights and so will be checking out on the 2nd of May.

I assume that I will be getting bonus points from this new promotion from the 1st of May. Or will it still be the Q1 promotion for double points?

I have a few cheap 1 night Hilton stays in Chongqing coming up in June so it will be not a bad promotion for those.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by tris06
I have a booking on the 29th of April at the Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai Hilton. 3 nights and so will be checking out on the 2nd of May.

I assume that I will be getting bonus points from this new promotion from the 1st of May. Or will it still be the Q1 promotion for double points?
That's a pretty good question. Always be ready for the details before you decide to sign up for anything.

If you start a stay in the middle of the promotion period and check-out after April 30, 2023, you will not receive the bonus.
Double Up and Explore Q1/2023 promo FAQs (hiltonhonors.com)

Registered members checking in before May 1, 2023, will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after May 1, 2023, and prior to or on September 5, 2023.
Points Unlimited a.k.a. Resort to more Points Summer 2023 promo FAQs (hiltonhonors.com)
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
And people on rewards stays.
It could also work out well for stays at Home2 Suites and Tru hotels, which have this innovative earning style of 5 base points per dollar on the nightly rate.

Sidenote: Home2 Suites in China = 10p/$
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:18 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
FWIW, What Me Worry. For mental health and limited brain RAM reasons I've adopted a "sign up for everything and ignore" posture, figuring that whatever bonuses aren't significant enough to trump other metrics in deciding on a hotel. The upside is that I'm now happily surprised with an unanticipated/forgotten bonus, like the double Marriott elite nights just sunsetting (and I just had to look up the expiry date). As a datapoint, I am/will continue to be Hilton Diamond via Amex spend and Marriott Titanium via stays, and I get that YMMV. My mindset is that since I am completely unmotivated by, and unwilling to grovel for, the piddling little tokens thrown at me by hotel marketeers, I am entirely inelastic and therefore every bonus is wasted on me as it does not change my behavior one iota: in that sense, I win!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Sisosig
That's a pretty good question. Always be ready for the details before you decide to sign up for anything.

If you start a stay in the middle of the promotion period and check-out after April 30, 2023, you will not receive the bonus.
Double Up and Explore Q1/2023 promo FAQs (hiltonhonors.com)

Registered members checking in before May 1, 2023, will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after May 1, 2023, and prior to or on September 5, 2023.
Points Unlimited a.k.a. Resort to more Points Summer 2023 promo FAQs (hiltonhonors.com)

Thanks for that information. I thought so but was hoping it would be under the double points offer. But anyway something is better than nothing.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 12:35 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
The bonus will apply to Points stays too...

Great for one night stays.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
I have about 10 one night stays coming up in the next 3 months. Taking a road trip through Cali & Oregon Coast. This will be great for me.
kirkwoodj and Sisosig like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dracarys
I have about 10 one night stays coming up in the next 3 months. Taking a road trip through Cali & Oregon Coast. This will be great for me.
Not too many (like zero) Hiltons along the Oregon coast (wish there were). But plenty in California. What a nice long trip.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Not too many (like zero) Hiltons along the Oregon coast (wish there were). But plenty in California. What a nice long trip.
We have reservations in Tahoe, near Sequoia NP, Santa Rosa, and Astoria, OR. We also have separate trips planned in Portland for a graduation, So Cal, and Florida during this time frame. It was disappointing to learn that there were no Hilton properties on the northern Cali coast or the Oregon coast. The accommodations in those areas are lacking from the reviews I've read.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dracarys
We have reservations in Tahoe, near Sequoia NP, Santa Rosa, and Astoria, OR. We also have separate trips planned in Portland for a graduation, So Cal, and Florida during this time frame. It was disappointing to learn that there were no Hilton properties on the northern Cali coast or the Oregon coast. The accommodations in those areas are lacking from the reviews I've read.
Oh yeah forgot about Astoria. There is every array of accomodations from motels to gorgeous inns all through California (not Cali ) and Oregon. Depends what town you want to be in and how much you want to spend.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
W=A Los Cabos Pedregal isn't even participating
Old Apr 30, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
W=A Los Cabos Pedregal isn't even participating
Got a link?

If I remember correctly, corporate Hiltons feedback in 2022 was to eliminate the ability for hotels to not participate in promotions. I havent heard a complaint about a non-participating hotel in quite some time.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by aww3583
Got a link?

If I remember correctly, corporate Hiltons feedback in 2022 was to eliminate the ability for hotels to not participate in promotions. I havent heard a complaint about a non-participating hotel in quite some time.
The link is upstream in this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.