Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rate changed due to quirk in Hilton res system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOld, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum

So I frequently make reservations for multiple rooms when traveling with friends or relatives, I go back in and add the name of the person that will be checking into each room later.

I did this on a reservation earlier today (did not change the number of guests, the dates, or the room type). Did not realize until later that it had changed my rate… naturally up and by a lot. I called the Diamond helpline…. Agent couldn’t understand what had happened. Had no explanation. Assigned me a case number and implied that the hotel had to fix it. After two more calls to the Diamond Line and two calls to the hotel, including being disconnected twice, I finally got the hotel manager who explained what happened, but couldn’t explain why it had happened. It’s apparently a glitch in the reservation system. I have done this exact same thing many times and never had this happen.

so just BEWARE.. if someone other than you is going to check into the room, call and add their name over the phone … DO NOT do it in the online reservation system!

the hotel manager did finally fix the rate back to the original price. I was about. 5 minutes from cancelling all 3 rooms I had booked and moving to another property. This whole episode took about 1.5 hours to get fixed.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:38 pm

If you initially booked it as one adult, then added a name, that makes it a booking for two adults. This will cause it to reprice.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Whether it's a coincidence or not I'm not sure but on a booking I have for Monday the reservation was disassociated from my Hilton account and name. It was changed to be fully under my OHs name so no idea how or why that happened but perhaps something weird is going on

Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
If you initially booked it as one adult, then added a name, that makes it a booking for two adults. This will cause it to reprice.
Never had that issue when adding a name, even on reservations booked with one person staying.
smmrfld likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I’ve had a similar thing happen, I’ve been preupgraded a couple of days before and noticed they upgraded the price too, twice this has happened @ Hilton Canary Wharf and doubletree Forrest pines, I probably wrote about it on here somewhere but yes keep an eye on reservations , I take screenshots nowadays of the reservation price and cancellation deadline and delete after my stay.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Just had the reprice happen to me as well on a non-refundable rate. Booked at EUR 147 at Hilton Porto Gaia for a standard King guest room, and when I checked today the rate was suddenly up to EUR 187, and the room type had changed into a King Deluxe. I appreciate the upgrade, but not the rate change.

Called the diamond desk. They told me the change was indeed made by the hotel, but they were unable to revert it back. I then contacted the hotel, but they weren't able to help me during the weekend. Sent them an e-mail and awaiting an answer.

The most annoying thing is that Hilton's confirmation e-mails no longer show anything about rate or room type if it's a change made in the app. I do take screen shots these days, but Hilton should really put all that info back in the e-mail confirmation.

I must say that I do feel a little bit scammed. If I wouldn't be for me taking screen shots and taking a note of every hotel reservation, including rate and cancellation policy, into a trip overview, I probably wouldn't have noticed and paid the higher rate. That's easy money for a hotel, but something I don't expect for a Hilton property.
@hilton: change your system so that a guest can see all modification made to their reservations online and in the app. And please add rate and room type info in the confirmation e-mail that is sent out after a change in the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.