Decent Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hampton Inn

1980 N Townsend Ave Montrose, CO US 81401

Decent Hampton Inn (0 Photo)

Hampton Inn

Check In

Check in was smooth.  My DIamond status was recognized, and since we had 2 rooms, I was allowed to get snacks for both rooms.  I was also happy thst my connecting room reservation was honored.

Room

Rooms were standard Hampton Inn rooms.  Each had 2 queen beds.  Rooms (and hotel in general) were clean.  While there is a fridge in each room, there is no microwave (although there is one for use in the lobby).

Dining

Standard Hampton Inn breakfast.  Dining area is rather small and thus feels very crowded.  Fruit seemed to be available all the time, which was nice.

Hotel is right on route 550.  Not sure what Montrose is convenient to.  For us, it was a good place to stop after driving along CO-550 all day long and enjoying the sites on our way to Breckenridge.  Most restaurants downtown seemed to close early.

Overall

This was a good hotel for us, that was reasonably priced. 

Decent Hampton Inn

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton Inn?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/20 to 8/21

Location: The hotel could easily be called the Hampton Inn MTJ because it's on the airport grounds and you can walk to the terminal from it. More specifically it's located on Townsend Avenue (US 50) about a mile north of downtown Montrose. It's next to a gas station and a few other such businesses. Being on US 50 just north of the 50/550 split makes it a good base location for the area

Hotel: From the outside it resembles the usual second generation Hampton but it's nicely renovated inside. There's a small but pleasant lobby with the breakfast area, a small suite shop, an indoor pool and a big enough parking lot. Annoyingly there's only a single elevator but luckily there weren't any waits during my stay. There's also a shuttle which will take you to MTJ.

Check In: A friendly agent checked me in and thanked me for being Diamond. We were offered a drink and a snack from the box too

Room: Refreshed in way I'm not used to with Hamptons. The decorative scheme made me think of a Tru in fact. The important things were all there though: two large beds, large TV, desk area, outlets near the bed and a large bathroom. I was at a Westin the night before and this bathroom was actually bigger. No issues with soundproofing either.

Breakfast: Nicely started at 6:30 AM on Sunday. They had cheese omelets and bacon plus the usual cold items of cereal, yogurt etc.

Overall a perfect Hampton stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.