Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Vogue Hotel Montreal Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:43 pm
CJN
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, United MileagePlus Platinum

Have an upcoming stay here and didn't see a thread. Anyone have reviews, insight, complaints, etc?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was a Loews hotel couple of years back. Also AMEX FHR.

They are just wrapping up renovations literally this or next week so no idea what the rooms and dining option are. It was La Societe Montreal.

The rooms themselves were good condition and nice appointed to begin with so I was surprised they are doing a renovation at all. All rooms are larger than other hotels. Bathrooms are huge.

Last edited by seawolf; Jun 23, 2022 at 2:55 pm
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
This looks interesting as the most credible successor as the best HH place in town since the demise of the Bonnie.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:14 pm

A historical note. The hotel was repurposed from an office building housing Texaco Oil before they went bankrupt back in 1987.
khabah and Thunderroad like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
An oil company going bust. Hard to imagine today.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:15 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
An oil company going bust. Hard to imagine today.
Texaco filed for bankruptcy due to losing a $10 billion (1987 dollars) civil suit filed by Pennzoil. That’s around $25 billion today. Industry different back then. Oil companies smaller than than today.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:47 pm

They are right across the street of the four seasons.

they used to be a loews hotel and while i think they shouldn’t, they are believed to have just finished a full renovation. If you watched the youtube reviews of the loews 2 years ago, you’d see that the rooms were renovated at that point already and in really good condition — so not sure why doing it again. Also, the room right now appears to have little difference from what has been reviewed on youtube videos, while i believe the flooring and some furniture have been replaced. They currently do not have any pictures of the actual room, but again looks quite close to what’s before renovation which includes a rather large bathroom with a soaking tub and a shower, and a bed with a full sized mobile couch right down to the end of the bed.

the biggest pros, i’d say, is the room size (believe it’s around 500 sqft for the two doubles room and may be slightly smaller for king room). The bath room features full granite tops, a jacuzzi soaking tub, huge space, and separated shower. Furniture and room smells new at this point, but i also believe some part of the room is not 100% done. For example, one can observe there’s “holes” on the bed’s headboard, which i believe reading lights would be inserted/installed.

also pro, while “only” a curio collection, i think the hotel is trying hard to be a competitor of the other luxury hotels in the area. Any service calls were superbly fast and typically arrives in minutes. Their attitude is towards that way as well.

the cons. Hotel is in the “downtown” area which is not of walking distance to either le plateau, mt royal park, or old montreal (around 20-30 min walking to any of above). That said, it is right in the middle of all above and in the “downtown”, aka, in the cbd with high rise modern buildings. So it targets more of business customers over tourists. It also has no view whatsoever being in such an area. I have a room that’s facing mount royal and the parking lot to the north of it (and therefore no block of the views), and still, nothing worth mentioning in terms of views.

the ugly. As of current, the hotel is way unprepared for opening both hardware and software. The foyer, aka, the entire lobby side of the hotel facing street, is still under construction. As a result, there is no parking/loading area. To access hotel from outside one has to either cross the street or walk on the street. The hotel also have no food services onsite whatsoever currently, so they cannot even heat things up. For hh diamond, they provide quite high quality breakfast from outside vendors which is really, really good in North american standard, but really, even if it’s supposed to “continental”, to be given with a frozen quiche is really something hard to be rates as “good” — even though the vendor they order the food from is on the high end and the juice is likely freshly squeezed.

the software part is worse. It has no mobile check in, and so forth. The reservation cannot be cancelled from hilton app (but calling is fine), and i got charged with i dont know what kind of rate it is along with a full point redemption. Their entire system is not hooked up with hilton yet. But the last one worked out not so bad for me. As a result, it counted as a cash stay on hilton end and towards triple pts (base+diamond bonus + promo bonus) i earned 30k hh points on my reward stay. They refunded the cash charge, so the outcome is not bad at all.

i believe they tried to open 6/9/2022 but could not do so. They indeed just opened anyways for the week of montreal grand prix (6/18) but they are way behind these dates to be really good to open. That said, the room is good and they have the full potential of what they try to become (being in $500-600 price range and competing with luxury brands), as all “con”s are because of they are under construction/not prepared to open. Right now, points redemption seem to be the only worthy choice (60k pts/$300 night)
seawolf and Thunderroad like this.

Last edited by herbertgzb; Jun 28, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:09 pm
Original Member

Thanks for the update. I’m surprised to hear of software issues considering it was working fine as a Curio for more than a year. Wondering what the attached restaurant is going to be. La Societe was meh.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:01 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by herbertgzb
They are right across the street of the four seasons.

they used to be a loews hotel and while i think they shouldn’t, they are believed to have just finished a full renovation. If you watched the youtube reviews of the loews 2 years ago, you’d see that the rooms were renovated at that point already and in really good condition — so not sure why doing it again. Also, the room right now appears to have little difference from what has been reviewed on youtube videos, while i believe the flooring and some furniture have been replaced. They currently do not have any pictures of the actual room, but again looks quite close to what’s before renovation which includes a rather large bathroom with a soaking tub and a shower, and a bed with a full sized mobile couch right down to the end of the bed.

the biggest pros, i’d say, is the room size (believe it’s around 500 sqft for the two doubles room and may be slightly smaller for king room). The bath room features full granite tops, a jacuzzi soaking tub, huge space, and separated shower. Furniture and room smells new at this point, but i also believe some part of the room is not 100% done. For example, one can observe there’s “holes” on the bed’s headboard, which i believe reading lights would be inserted/installed.

also pro, while “only” a curio collection, i think the hotel is trying hard to be a competitor of the other luxury hotels in the area. Any service calls were superbly fast and typically arrives in minutes. Their attitude is towards that way as well.

the cons. Hotel is in the “downtown” area which is not of walking distance to either le plateau, mt royal park, or old montreal (around 20-30 min walking to any of above). That said, it is right in the middle of all above and in the “downtown”, aka, in the cbd with high rise modern buildings. So it targets more of business customers over tourists. It also has no view whatsoever being in such an area. I have a room that’s facing mount royal and the parking lot to the north of it (and therefore no block of the views), and still, nothing worth mentioning in terms of views.

the ugly. As of current, the hotel is way unprepared for opening both hardware and software. The foyer, aka, the entire lobby side of the hotel facing street, is still under construction. As a result, there is no parking/loading area. To access hotel from outside one has to either cross the street or walk on the street. The hotel also have no food services onsite whatsoever currently, so they cannot even heat things up. For hh diamond, they provide quite high quality breakfast from outside vendors which is really, really good in North american standard, but really, even if it’s supposed to “continental”, to be given with a frozen quiche is really something hard to be rates as “good” — even though the vendor they order the food from is on the high end and the juice is likely freshly squeezed.

the software part is worse. It has no mobile check in, and so forth. The reservation cannot be cancelled from hilton app (but calling is fine), and i got charged with i dont know what kind of rate it is along with a full point redemption. Their entire system is not hooked up with hilton yet. But the last one worked out not so bad for me. As a result, it counted as a cash stay on hilton end and towards triple pts (base+diamond bonus + promo bonus) i earned 30k hh points on my reward stay. They refunded the cash charge, so the outcome is not bad at all.

i believe they tried to open 6/9/2022 but could not do so. They indeed just opened anyways for the week of montreal grand prix (6/18) but they are way behind these dates to be really good to open. That said, the room is good and they have the full potential of what they try to become (being in $500-600 price range and competing with luxury brands), as all “con”s are because of they are under construction/not prepared to open. Right now, points redemption seem to be the only worthy choice (60k pts/$300 night)
Great info. I have 2 rooms booked her for (US) Labor Day weekend. Do you think it will be OK by then? Decided on points stay as even with $200 credit, the value wasn't really there at FHR for a Hilton Diamond who gets breakfast, upgrade, etc. anyway. Daughter will be driving in from CT to meet us so wondering what the parking situation is there.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:30 pm
Original Member

Parking is valet or non-hotel owned lot.
pjs likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by pjs
Great info. I have 2 rooms booked her for (US) Labor Day weekend. Do you think it will be OK by then? Decided on points stay as even with $200 credit, the value wasn't really there at FHR for a Hilton Diamond who gets breakfast, upgrade, etc. anyway. Daughter will be driving in from CT to meet us so wondering what the parking situation is there.
As of a few days ago, when I last passed, the building's exterior was still covered in protective plastic wrap.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:28 am
pjs

Originally Posted by flyme2
As of a few days ago, when I last passed, the building's exterior was still covered in protective plastic wrap.
Ended up canceling and booking the Sheraton on points and cash rate as it was a great deal and can apply SNAs (hopefully). Maybe this hotel will be a good future option.
flyme2 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:54 pm

I read renovations happen on weekdays through mid August, and it affects the dining area.

If breakfast is still through outside vendors, is there no dining otherwise? Amex has this as a fine hotels property so there’s a $100 property benefit. Not sure how to use it though unless it works for parking.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:33 pm

Any recent reports?

I booked a few nights here for November and got an email saying they expect things will still be under construction until fall/winter.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:37 pm
Original Member

I'm guessing YamaResto is going to take over the La Société restaurant space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.