Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Signia by Hilton San Jose {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:01 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for the upcoming Signia by Hilton San Jose now that Hilton has issued a press release announcing the hotel, and the hotel's official website is up. The hotel is taking reservations from April 25th, 2022.

This hotel is a rebrand of the 805-room Fairmont San Jose. The lobby and gym have undergone a total renovation, and there are further renovations planned for the in bathrooms in the North Tower guest rooms, which precede total renovations planned for all guest rooms to be completed by early 2023.

khabah
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium,Delta LT Sky Club,Hertz Presidential Circle
Doesn't Accept the Hilton Aspire Amex Card

I just made a reservation for the Signia San Jose for a stay in May. They would not accept my Hilton Aspire Amex Card to hold the reservation. That's strange...so I ended up using a VISA card from one of their competing hotels.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Aug 2022 review

Updating my old thread with a review. Staying here now.
- Got upgraded to 900 sq suite in the other building as Diamond.
- fancy hotel inside and lots of places to eat around the hotel.
- no executive lounge option. not sure if they are planning to open a lounge since hotel recently opened (used to be a Fairmont).
- received $15 food and beverage credit.
- breakfast menu does have $15 item for a bagel sandwich or other items and includes 1 drink such as coffee OR orange juice. You still have to pay the tip and tax. but hey it is as close to even/free breakfast as you can get these days in USA.
- has outdoor pool but didn't get to try due to being on business trip and no time.

In general nicer property than Hilton San Jose and better recognition of status in a room upgrade. I am thinking of making this my default San Jose hotel.

Last edited by miles_navigator; Sep 1, 2022 at 11:23 pm Reason: updated w/ review
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:22 pm

South tower up for sale

The smaller south tower of the former Fairmont is being sold:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/03/...e-build-covid/
or
https://www.siliconvalley.com/2023/0...e-build-covid/

The hotel highrise that is being offered for sale is the 264-room southern tower which is a newer annex to the original main tower that totals 541 rooms, Hirbod said.
​​​​​​​Its entirely possible that the southern tower under a new owner would feature a different use than a conventional hotel operation. What is being looked at for the south tower thats up for sale is more of a residence idea, longer-term stays than a typical hotel, Hirbod said. People would stay for a month, 180 days, a year. It would be like a corporate apartment concept.
South tower is on the right
Old May 7, 2024, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have any updates on this? Is it becoming a dorm for local college students?
Old May 7, 2024, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone have any updates on this? Is it becoming a dorm for local college students?
Only the wing across the plaza. Original structure remains as a hotel.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Only the wing across the plaza. Original structure remains as a hotel.
So the two towers are still part of the hotel, it is just the annex across the plaza that is being converted?
Old May 8, 2024, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So the two towers are still part of the hotel, it is just the annex across the plaza that is being converted?
No, there is only one original tower and the connected meeting rooms, etc., which will remain. The annex with the curved facade goes away.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Geez I stayed here in like 1994. Tech was hot then but who knew how much hotter it would get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.