Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:29 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Now bookable on points.
Noeapantoja likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 7:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
80k seems like a steal with those cash rates, and standard rooms are a villa. Probably won’t last.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:46 pm

I am not very familiar with the area the hotel is located in, but is there a town/village near the resort with local restaurants?
This resort looks nice but also a bit isolated...The last thing I want to do in Bali is being locked in to a resort and eating resort food all day.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 4:24 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
There is nothing walking distance, you just need to download the local "uber" app, Gojek or Grab. Ungasan village itself is 5-8 minutes drive. There is a nice cafe serving mainly Russian staple, Ituaja. If you want a top restaurant, Di Mare at Karma Kandara is super nice, 10-12 minutes ride away. Avoid anything along Jalan Uluwata if you want to avoid traffic jams!
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
80k seems like a steal with those cash rates, and standard rooms are a villa. Probably won’t last.
Already adjusted to 90K per night. I booked five nights while it was still 80K and am getting the fifth night free.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:33 am

Great to have another room(villa) with private pool option as a standard room from Hilton!
Interested in reading reviews once they come in.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 2:31 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
In Villa Dining
Spa Menu
Kid's Club
bamboola and Michael19887 like this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by chongl
Conrad Bali offers Diamond members a discount for dining in restaurants, but in-room dining is not eligible. What about Umana? Any restaurant vs. in-villa discount? Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bamboola
Conrad Bali offers Diamond members a discount for dining in restaurants, but in-room dining is not eligible. What about Umana? Any restaurant vs. in-villa discount? Thanks.
If there was, we didn't get a chance to take advantage of it since the night we were going to dine in the restaurant, we ended up leaving and had the food sent to the villa since the kids were so jet lagged still. I do know that they provide a complimentary upgrade for massages like some Conrads. We booked a 90 minute session and were charged for the 60 minute session due to Diamond status.

I should be able to post more menus and random info once I get started on my trip report. We just moved over to Mandapa for the next 5 nights.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:17 am

Really looking forward to your "review"!

Quick question - are mosquitos an issue?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I had my honeymoon in Bali in 1999, the FS Jimbaran and Ubud. At that time there was no problem getting a driver to take you around all day for a reasonable USD cost. I suspect the advent of ridesharing has made that even more of a truism, but could be wrong as unfortunately i have not been back since then.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by PerStockholm
Really looking forward to your "review"!

Quick question - are mosquitos an issue?
Wasn't really an issue for us. I posted the 2 nights we spent there in my TR
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Looks like it increased to 90k/night recently, I was just looking at this resort.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 9:54 pm

NOT so welcoming email from Umana. Read below to find out what this Lifetime Diamond member can expect. I had requested what the upcharge would be to a Panoramic Ocean View Villa, and the hotel never replied.

Warmest Greeting from Umana Bali!

By this email we would like to reconfirm your reservation as following detail:

Period of stay : xx – xx (Month) 2024
Villa Type : One Bedroom Tropical Garden Pool Villa
Total Rate : Points redemption

Kindly note that Hilton Honors benefits are only applicable for cardholder and one guest. Hilton Honors rewards stay is based on 02 people per room (Card Holder and One guest), Additional guest staying in the room will be on room only basis and breakfast will be charged, In the event that cardholder is not travelling, guests who are staying with us will not be able to enjoy the benefits below.

Hilton Honors Diamond benefits
• Daily breakfast for Card holder +01 Guest
• Complimentary upgrade to next category from the original booking (subject to availability on arrival date)
• Late check-out upon request (subject to availability)
• Enjoy an additional 30 minutes with a selected 60-minute massage booked at The Lohma Spa
• 15% from Spa services
• 25% discount from laundry expenses

It is indeed a great pleasure to welcome you to Umana Bali. We look forward to turning your stay into a truly memorable stay and since your arrival is just a few days away. In pursuit of this commitment, we kindly request you to inform us about your estimated time of arrival and flight details. Furthermore, we invite you to communicate any unique preferences or requisite arrangements to us, facilitating us in transforming your stay into a series of captivating, bespoke moments by filling the pre arrival form as attached.

Closer to the arrival date, please advise us below detail for our reference :
Arrival flight detail : ………………………………………………………………..
Arrival flight time : ………………………………………………………………..

For airport transfer service, we are most happy to offer you the following options;

• Toyota Zenix at IDR 882,000nett per car/way - Maximum 3 persons
• Toyota Alphard at IDR 1,120,000nett per car/way - Maximum 3 persons

Should you wish to arrange for any airport pick up, please advise us with the flight details along with the estimated time of arrival.

I have taken a liberty in sending you our dinning menu, please find our menu as attached for your kind perusal.

Your stay will not be complete without experiencing our spa, please find our attached menu.

In addition, we would like to update you starting February 14, 2024, all international visitors to Bali will be required to pay a one-time fee of IDR 150,000 (USD 10) per entry. This fee applies to both adults and children and is applicable for each visit to Bali.

To ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience during your travel, we encourage you to conveniently settle this fee in advance through the Love Bali website or App. Upon successful payment, you will receive an email containing a QR code. This QR code should be stored on your smartphone or printed for scanning at checkpoints in Bali Airport and sea ports.

Please note that individual online payments are required at this time, as family payments cannot be processed online. Alternatively, the levy can be paid upon arrival at the airport in Bali.

For further information and updates regarding this tourism levy, you can visit the Bali Hotel Association Official Website Bali introduces IDR150,000 tourism levy from February 14, 2024 | Welcome Back To Bali

In the meantime we look forward to welcoming you at our resort.

With best regards,
xxx | Reservation Sales
Umana Bali | Jl. Melasti, Banjar Kelod, Ungasan, Bali 80364 Indonesia |
T: +62 361 300 7000 | F: +62 361 3007777 | umanabali.com
Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Well they certainly aren't going above and beyond what they are required to offer diamond members, but they are offering what they are suppose to, right? The only thing I see that isn't mentioned is afternoon lounge tea that would be offered at Conrad and Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.