Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond guest attacked on Check-In Line by non-member: Hilton Copacabana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond guest attacked on Check-In Line by non-member: Hilton Copacabana

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Looks real to me. Especially if the verbally-offensive guy on the ground was drunk before the punch. Even otherwise, going down and staying down can at times be a defensive — albeit risky — play for some to try to avoid taking a further beating. Can’t see how it would be smart for the knocked down guy to get up and be a fighter like his female partner at the hotel.

Not sure the NYer at the hotel was Hilton Gold or Diamond, but he landed a golden hit without gloves.
Indeed. That was a beautiful punch. He obviously did not want to hit the female Karen and deal with all the crap that would follow from a man hitting a woman, though no doubt she did deserve a good smacking.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I cannot understand how she thought it was a good idea to attack a man twice her size and 10x her strength.

So he was asked to leave the hotel after and the room was forfeited while the woman who attacked him was allowed to stay

All over the fact that he had status and they didn’t so he was allowed to get service first?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Guvner067
Why does every incident these days seemingly mention the skin color of those involved?
Tell me you're a white person without telling me you're a white person.
IAN-UK likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It didn't look like he actually punched that guy. I think he just dropped to the floor to pretend he was injured.

There's a lot of context missing here; we don't know the whole story. "King" said on Twitter something about his not being able to leave the hotel because the couple were waiting outside with the police for hours? As if the police couldn't come inside the hotel and find him? When you get one of these incidents with confusing, contradictory details, it makes me suspicious there's more to it than immediately evident.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
Tell me you're a white person without telling me you're a white person.
No need to be racist. Not all of us live in the US. It seems to be a very American thing. It was an honest question. Enjoy your day.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
I cannot understand how she thought it was a good idea to attack a man twice her size and 10x her strength.
Alcohol wipes away inhibition with some people. Was she drunk on alcohol provided to her by Hilton?

Originally Posted by hotturnip
It didn't look like he actually punched that guy. I think he just dropped to the floor to pretend he was injured.

There's a lot of context missing here; we don't know the whole story. "King" said on Twitter something about his not being able to leave the hotel because the couple were waiting outside with the police for hours? As if the police couldn't come inside the hotel and find him? When you get one of these incidents with confusing, contradictory details, it makes me suspicious there's more to it than immediately evident.
The NYer retuned to his already-booked-and-still-then-in-use-by-him AirBnB, later that day after landing the punch. He was double booked for the night, and not by way of the police in Rio. He didn’t stay at the hotel then, and the police in Rio have lots more serious things to deal with than chase down an American visitor who landed a punch on a drunk guy standing up with his abusive female partner until he wasn’t in the lobby.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 10, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
And we're done.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.