Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can I add another guest to a '1 adult' booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I add another guest to a '1 adult' booking?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Re a small kid as long as you are willing to put the child in the (stated) bed with you just get the key and then go to the room.
While this is usually fine in English and other Germanic-language countries even without being explicitly written in the hotel policies, it is often not ok in Romance-language countries.
SPN Lifer and fredah like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by the810
If the room isn't offered when you enter the kid, you can assume that that room can't accommodate (2 adults and) the kid. There may be many reasons for this, for example fire certification of the building. Your best option is to drop an email to hotel's reservation department and ask them for options.
I wanted to find out if there is a general rule of Hilton or a better way to find out and also I'm unable to find any contact information of the hotel in question.
This 2 out 4 Hilton hotels I've looked into are missing email contact information, to me this seems really stupid being a hotel.

Originally Posted by yakel
Totally agree that hotels in Europe are much more strict about adding an extra person (even if a child) onto a reservation.
Interesting. Since we became parents we have mainly visited North America and Scandinavia, no problems at all.
Typically staying at Strawberry hotels (former Nordic Choice hotels) in Scandinavia, child is free unless you would like the extra bed in which case they charge 125kr (about 10EUR).

Originally Posted by :D!
It would be easier to help if you said which hotel. There are 9 Curios in Italy so I won't look all of them up.

In the Hilton app you can check the Hotel Policies section and see whether it says anything about families/children. You can also google the hotel plus "child policy" or "family policy" which may yield some useful information from the hotel's own website, or 3rd party booking sites as to how they are likely to respond.

Sometimes it will say that children are allowed to share their parents' room for free up to the age of 5, 12 or even 17(!!) when using the existing bedding. In that case, you can book for 2 adults and just turn up with the child.

But I assume you don't want that, as you are asking about an extra bed. Sometimes, the policy will also mention that extra beds are available and the cost, but if it doesn't then you will have to contact the hotel. You would still book for 2 adults but you would need to confirm the extra bed when booking, as it may be difficult if hotel only finds out about it when you arrive.

In Italy, regular rooms can be expected to be small, and may not be able to fit an extra bed. Sometimes even suites may not permit them.
Thank you so much for this post, this was really helpful. Found the information instantly:

"Family PolicyChildren up to 18 years old stay free (with existing bedding) when sharing a room with a paying adult on a room only rate. The Meal Plans for infants and children aged 12 years and younger are complimentary when sharing a room with adult(s) booked on an inclusive meal plan. Children aged 13 years -17 years pay 50% of the full rate meal plan when sharing a room with adult(s) booked on an inclusive meal plan. Baby Cots and extra beds are complimentary, available only on prior request."
This is the hotel I looked at: Baia di Chia Resort Sardinia, Curio Collection (not yet allowed to post a link).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.