Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno {US-CA}

It went a long time without any properties from the portfolio, but it looks like Fresno will soon get a 2nd location in the Hilton family.

A Homewood Suites is currently scheduled to gain final approval from the city to build near the southeast corner of Herndon Avenue and Fresno Street. That is just a short distance from the Hampton Inn that opened a few months back.

The city planning commission has already approved the project and it should be on the Fresno city council agenda in the next few weeks. Construction is supposed to start fairly quickly after that.

The Homewood would have 119 rooms and be constructed adjacent to a Springhill Suites also planned for the property.

No opening timetable yet, but it is good to know that things are finally growing in the market.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Good news, thanks for the update, FATFlyer!
Old Jul 23, 2005, 6:31 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Thanks for the update. Fresno has always been weak with hilton properties, nice to see them changing that.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 7:13 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I often have too use the Diamond Desk to even get into the FAT Hampton. Their mid-week occupancy is very high.

Homewood will do well in that location.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 7:46 am

GREAT news. Love Homewood brand. And Fresno, what's not to like? (Seriously, I do like the place, despite the 'common view'.)
Old Jul 23, 2005, 8:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Fantastic! I have Fresno biz often enough to really appreciate the addition of a HS! ^ Thanks for the news, :-: FATFlyer!
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:00 am
Original Poster

My pleasure guys. My guess is the Homewood will open next year.

FYI, there are also 2 full service business hotels (4 star) being planned in the Fresno area. No brands have been announced yet. Right now they could end up as Hilton or Marriott or something else. One would be next to Highway 168 and the Save Mart Center arena at Fresno State. The other would be adjacent to the Convention Center and serve as the host hotel for conventions (the city just bought the land). I don't know if Hilton listens, but you might drop some hints if you would like one of those to be in the Hilton family.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
common view

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
GREAT news. Love Homewood brand. And Fresno, what's not to like? (Seriously, I do like the place, despite the 'common view'.)
Yeah I guess the common view would be "armpit gets Right Guard" just kiddin
Old Jul 23, 2005, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwill11
Yeah I guess the common view would be "armpit gets Right Guard" just kiddin
Most people don't realize how quickly the area is changing. Crime is at the lowest rate in 30 years, unemployment is now running about 8.5% compared to the 12% rate common in the past and is still dropping.

Heck P.F. Chang's, that paragon of upper middle class suburbia, announced a Fresno location will open by December. Pottery Barn and the others will be close behind.

Plus our heat wave is cooler than Las Vegas or Phoenix. ^
Old Jul 23, 2005, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
sideways

Originally Posted by FATFlyer
Most people don't realize how quickly the area is changing. Crime is at the lowest rate in 30 years, unemployment is now running about 8.5% compared to the 12% rate common in the past and is still dropping.

Heck P.F. Chang's, that paragon of upper middle class suburbia, announced a Fresno location will open by December. Pottery Barn and the others will be close behind.

Plus our heat wave is cooler than Las Vegas or Phoenix. ^
I dont have to do buisness there. I prefer Anderson's Pea Soup
Old Jul 23, 2005, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by FATFlyer
A Homewood Suites is currently scheduled to gain final approval from the city to build near the southeast corner of Herndon Avenue and Fresno Street. That is just a short distance from the Hampton Inn that opened a few months back.
That's a pretty good location, easy freeway access and near Riverpark, etc. ^
Old Sep 11, 2008, 3:10 pm

I'm booked in for next week. Anyone visited yet?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I've never stayed the night there, but have visited someone staying there. It's a decent place and close to shops, restaurants, etc. Let me know if you need any recommendations.

Cheers,
Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:26 pm

Thanks. Hotel was my main interest. I'm ready to see how many/few of my hangouts from my Bulldog days are still around. This Homewood Suites is located, near as I can figure, in what used to be fields.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 3:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Too expensive....

I've been trying for a couple of weeks for a gov't rate clear in May 09 but the best I get is $185...market rate.

I'll keep on checking back. Our gov't rate is ridiculous, but there are still plenty of Hilton and Marriott's that do offer the rate, so if not here, we'll probably hop over to the Hampton....

I sure hope we do get to try the Homewood Suites. It is by far my favorite property.

Dawn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.