Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-Inclusive Resort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-Inclusive Resort

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kylew
Since this resort is all-inclusive, what are the advantages/reasons of having an executive lounge?
IMHO:
  • A place to check-in that is generally less crowded than regular check-in
  • A more private place to hang out; somewhat more personal service.
  • Better view than from restaurants (i.e., located on 13th floor)
  • Some appetizers that are not available elsewhere
  • Slightly higher-shelf alcohol at happy hour
But you are basically correct: Not that big of a deal, but we enjoyed it.

Last edited by jmd001; Apr 2, 2023 at 11:41 am Reason: Re-wording/clarification
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:31 am

The Exec Lounge has been renamed as the "Enclave Lounge." I'm seeing an "Enclave" category of rooms/suites. Does this mean the Enclave is only accessible by those booking Enclave rooms or is it still available to Diamond members?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 12:21 am

Enclave lounge not accepting Diamond status

Originally Posted by bamboola
The Exec Lounge has been renamed as the "Enclave Lounge." I'm seeing an "Enclave" category of rooms/suites. Does this mean the Enclave is only accessible by those booking Enclave rooms or is it still available to Diamond members?
I just checked into the hotel today and I can confirm that there is no longe access for Diamond members, which feels like a total scam, especially because I based my decision to book a lower room category based on reading prior reviews and then they made the change after I had booked my room but before my check in date and refused to honor providing access. Hilton should be ashamed of themselves for the absurd upselling.
dominick08 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Katskill
I just checked into the hotel today and I can confirm that there is no lounge access for Diamond members,....
Did you get any information as to what perks are (still) given to Diamonds?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by jmd001
Did you get any information as to what perks are (still) given to Diamonds?
so far as I can tell the main thing they have left is reservation help with the hotels and activities. I have a different string color on my wrist bracelet from my friends who are not Diamond. They texted me a day before my stay and asked if there was anything I needed. I’m thinking of calling the Hilton support line to complain. At the desk they basically just said there was nothing they could do because Hilton changed the policy. I was upsold on arrival
to a room that include the enclave access but only paid for a one step upgrade when that is now two steps above what I booked because I wanted to see the lounge and understand what the big deal was. It has a nice view and good service but is on the small side with only 6 tables outside that overlook the ocean. With the upgraded room, being able to sit with the higher up view is nice but less exciting than it would have been if my room had been on a lower floor, but certainly convenient.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Katskill
... At the desk they basically just said there was nothing they could do because Hilton changed the policy. ...
"Hilton changed the policy"??? That sounds like another example of a property blaming Honors for a decision the property made (i.e., to no longer call the lounge an Executive Lounge, and hence no longer give Diamonds automatic access). But I did not re-qualify Diamond for this year, so the point is sadly now moot to me.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 12:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
The lounge really isn't a big deal. I'm not sure how important more expensive liquor is (probably can get it at the other bars), but it's not a hoppin' lounge, it's a quiet little place. I never like my Diamond devalued, but it's still a nice property with some good food and the downstairs bar is quality / the pool hall bar gets late night more fun, so those are still available.

IIRC, the fish tacos at the Cocomar place were super, the steakhouse not as much, the two upstairs places (Maxal and Sunan) were really nice. The Mojito bar was a fun vibe and good drinks, mostly underutilized, but that was Covid-era when it first opened, so maybe a little different now.

I'd go back, but the prices and points have gone up. It's a good cert burn.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL, HH, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I'd go back, but the prices and points have gone up. It's a good cert burn.
We're only staying four nights next trip so points were out of the question, but prices seemed super low at least for our dates in May - $260/nt after taxes/fees/etc. We were booked at the Conrad initially to try something different, but for the price we had to switch. Once you factor in Diamond and Aspire point multipliers, that's $207/nt. We can eat/drink more than $207 so the room's basically free.

Good to know about the lounge, we went last trip to check it out and it was dead, no reason to go back. The property is all-inclusive anyway, so the lounge is sort of a moot point. I bet Hilton would throw you a couple points as a customer satisfaction thing, though.
Cynapse and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Zeromus-X
We're only staying four nights next trip so points were out of the question, but prices seemed super low at least for our dates in May - $260/nt after taxes/fees/etc. We were booked at the Conrad initially to try something different, but for the price we had to switch. Once you factor in Diamond and Aspire point multipliers, that's $207/nt. We can eat/drink more than $207 so the room's basically free.
$260/night for a nice hotel is a great deal anyway, let alone all inclusive. Totally with you on the free room after drinks too. 😅🍹🍸
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 5:02 pm

Do people typically try and make dinner reservations at the restaurants prior to arriving. Saw some posts on tripadvisor saying to make them prior since restaurants would turn away guests due to capacity
dominick08 likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by tkcdao
Do people typically try and make dinner reservations at the restaurants prior to arriving. Saw some posts on tripadvisor saying to make them prior since restaurants would turn away guests due to capacity
We had no problem walking into two restaurants last trip without a reservation (all other meals were off-site or we just had room service). I've heard the same thing but would assume it's only on weekends or busy events. They have a lot of restaurants on site relative to most other AIs that we've seen.

For this trip I did make a reservation for the first night since we're getting in fairly late and will be hungry and don't want to chance it. But normally we wouldn't bother.
dominick08 likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 6:25 pm

Property update

Currently at the property and wanted to post an update:

Italian restaurant is closed for renovations but the buffet is doing an extended “Italian style” buffet. We didn’t find this to mean anything except that they had some pepperoni pizza. Skip it.

Beach is still great, pools are great, they will pour whatever you ask (Ketel One, Stoli, etc) if you ask, otherwise you get what you get. Still a great liquor selection for an AI, IMO.

Now for the bad. We paid cash rate to upgrade to a Governors Suite so we could get the terrace and large hot tub instead of taking it to chance with the Diamond upgrade. No offer to upgrade to Presidents Suite (but didn’t expect it honestly). But the hot tub in our suite appears to be broken and they aren’t sure what to do about it. No offer so far to move us to another suite or make any accommodations. It was recommended over the phone that we use the hot tubs at the sky bar instead. Not an option when paying for private ones, sorry.

Still waiting to see how they address it but maintenance staff appears to be of the “turn knob, didn’t work, not sure what to do” plan.

Working on hot tub
dominick08 likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Zeromus-X
Currently at the property and wanted to post an update:

Italian restaurant is closed for renovations but the buffet is doing an extended “Italian style” buffet. We didn’t find this to mean anything except that they had some pepperoni pizza. Skip it.

Beach is still great, pools are great, they will pour whatever you ask (Ketel One, Stoli, etc) if you ask, otherwise you get what you get. Still a great liquor selection for an AI, IMO.

Now for the bad. We paid cash rate to upgrade to a Governors Suite so we could get the terrace and large hot tub instead of taking it to chance with the Diamond upgrade. No offer to upgrade to Presidents Suite (but didn’t expect it honestly). But the hot tub in our suite appears to be broken and they aren’t sure what to do about it. No offer so far to move us to another suite or make any accommodations. It was recommended over the phone that we use the hot tubs at the sky bar instead. Not an option when paying for private ones, sorry.

Still waiting to see how they address it but maintenance staff appears to be of the “turn knob, didn’t work, not sure what to do” plan.

Working on hot tub
Thanks for the update, that’s great news about the booze! Sucks you’re having maintenance issues though…your upgrade path is exactly what I want to do when I stay there. I got quoted $500/night to upgrade from base room on points as a Diamond, what did they offer it to you for? Just curious.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:01 am

I have a cash rate stay (2 queens, lowest room cat) coming up in a few weeks, looks like thru the app they offered me a upgrade to governors suite for an additional ~340 USD a night, previously when I checked it was something like ~800 USD a night. Guess as we get lower and still available they lowered the price
Cynapse and dominick08 like this.
Old May 28, 2023, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Thanks for the update, that’s great news about the booze! Sucks you’re having maintenance issues though…your upgrade path is exactly what I want to do when I stay there. I got quoted $500/night to upgrade from base room on points as a Diamond, what did they offer it to you for? Just curious.
We booked it outright after seeing how (relatively) inexpensive it was close-in. Cash rate ended up being about $600/nt. With Aspire and Diamond points multiplier (assuming points value of $0.005), Aspire Hilton resort credit, and a $200 AmEx Hilton Mexico promo, actual cost ended up being about $450/nt.I

Haven’t had a chance to update from the last post but they had to send maintenance up to fill or empty the hot tub over a few days and didn’t offer to move us (possibly couldn’t?). Quite inconvenient especially for the price. Other than that the room and property were great. They added a burger and taco truck since last time (included) and the tacos were fantastic. Burger truck line was an hour long so didn’t attempt. Also new was a $20 add-on for cabana rentals which added a 15 minute foot/leg massage (worth it).

I didn’t partake myself but the wife said the deep tissue massage and facial at the spa were well worth it too.

Bring your own Yeti tumblers to the pool and they’ll fill those with whatever you want too, including “vodka on the rocks, no rocks” right before closing, to have drinks in the room. 👍🏻
Cynapse likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.