Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Further down south, you have the Hilton Playa del Carmen. This is adult only. This is owned and managed by Playa Resorts. I don't like how that company nickels and dimes...Also the beach erosion in that area of Playa del Carmen has gotten pretty worse over the years.

There is the Hilton Tulum AI which is coming in tentatively in May 2022. There are only 3 Hilton AIs in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area
Sounds like banking on the new Hilton Tulum is the best option then.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:26 pm

Transfer

We will be at the hotel in a few days and need a transfer from Cancun airport to the hotel for 4 people. Does the hotel offer a transfer, for a fee of course, or do we have to take a cab.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MB85
We will be at the hotel in a few days and need a transfer from Cancun airport to the hotel for 4 people. Does the hotel offer a transfer, for a fee of course, or do we have to take a cab.
Cancun airport the most chaotic airport I experienced. May be just because of holidays as my previous one was better. The immigration and baggage each took 30-60 minutes.
Then outside you see hundreds of transpiration companies offer you their services. I highly recommend prebooking a taxi both ways. By google search I booked through CancunShuttle . com and I am happy with their service. Cost is reasonable.
When I called a taxi to go from Hyatt to Hilton, it costed us $60 for 5KM ride and I think it was $70 airport round trip both ways.
So prebooking saves you money and hassle.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The best part is bag search roulette...

For between hotels, and hotel to airport I would consider Uber...I would even do Uber airport to hotel, but I have only done it at PVR I think, and when feeling more adventurous and walking out of the airport.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:28 pm

Perfect thank you guys.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Pre-book your transfers as the taxi brigade can be (very) shady in the Cancun/Riviera Maya areas. I use NAST...My second choice is Canada Transfers.

https://www.nasttransfers.com/

https://www.canadatransfers.com/
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Interesting! Is there any other AI options via Hilton in that part of Mexico?
There is also another AI option that I didn't even realized existed for the Hilton. This is an Adult Only hotel. It has a boutique feel to it. Definitely the Hilton PDC, Hilton Cancun, and Hilton Tulum has a resort vibe to it

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/czm...lusive-resort/
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I'm looking to book at this property for the autumn, and I'm puzzled by the results on the Hilton website.

If I search for 2 adults, the room costs $350/night. If I modify to 1 adult and 1 kid (16yo), the exact same room costs $450/night?
Is this normal?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Lefly
I'm looking to book at this property for the autumn, and I'm puzzled by the results on the Hilton website.

If I search for 2 adults, the room costs $350/night. If I modify to 1 adult and 1 kid (16yo), the exact same room costs $450/night?
Is this normal?
I guess a kid is extra no matter how many adults you actually have booked (i.e., no substitutions)? That's weird if that's the case; it might just be a website error.
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normally 1 or 2 adults should make a pricing difference, because of the all-inclusive (usually extra person counted as eating like $70-100 worth of food daily in many all-inclusives).
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by nk15
Normally 1 or 2 adults should make a pricing difference, because of the all-inclusive (usually extra person counted as eating like $70-100 worth of food daily in many all-inclusives).
Yes, ok, but by what logic 2 adults costs less than 1 adult and 1 kid?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lefly
Yes, ok, but by what logic 2 adults costs less than 1 adult and 1 kid?
Something is wrong with it.
Lefly likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:58 pm

Which all inclusive resort would you go to for a family vacation?

Hilton Cancun
Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya
Hilton La Romana (Dominican Republic)
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Which all inclusive resort would you go to for a family vacation?

Hilton Cancun
Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya
Hilton La Romana (Dominican Republic)
No idea about Riviera Maya but definitely La Romana over Cancun.
ceebee100 and Lefly like this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 9:02 am

I stayed at Hilton Cancun three nights late August. Agree with most of the good and bad list by kcdude higher in this thread from a December stay when I think property had just opened.

Couple of additional notes:
-I did see snorkeling desk open out by kids/family pool area so presumably they have at least that up and running.
-Hotel has a pretty good value golfing deal with El Tinto, an above average though not great course. Was $70 including cart and warmup driving range; I didn't have a car so it was another $30 RT for course to come get me and return, etc. All in all a good feature.
-I was skeptical at first about the wristband room key concept but with exception of one glitch when their key system was down, it worked well and simplifies things when you are in and out of pools, etc.
-Unsurprisingly the beach was plagued by sargassum in August, the smell of which would probably ruin things for some people; I didn't notice after arrival.
-Live events and music were fine but somewhat contrived as you would expect for a resort property. Although the street corn and margarita booths on mariachi night were fire.
-The driveway (with the hilarious, rocky first 100 meters others mentioned) is 5km long! And with 17 (yes I counted them) big speed bumps, just getting to and from the main highway is a SLOW process especially with any other vehicles on the road. This is not a property where you will likely go into the hotel zone or other day trips very often. But it's fine for just hanging out by the pool, eating and drinking for a days.
-Steak restaurant was actually pretty good; Italian place probably the best outlet. Room service was better than I expected. The little breakfast place on the north end of the lobby has some traditional food in addition to more common buffet items. The main buffet place in the hotel you can skip unless you have kids who just need quick calories and lots of options. Pretty weak.
-This was my first time ever in Cancun, and I can't emphasize enough the benefit of prebooking airport-hotel transfer. NAST was my choice and they were great, including adapting on the fly pun intended to significant changes on both arrival and departure flights for me.

I used three Hilton FN for this; It was a solo trip, and I probably would choose another property if taking wife or other family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.