Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort {MEX}

Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort {MEX}

Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:22 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kuwait (KW)
Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 2,666
Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort {MEX}

Hilton is returning to Cancun with the new Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort. Reservations are open from November 7th, 2021, with entry-level rooms available from 436 USD on opening day.

Website for the hotel is available at this link.

khabah
strickerj likes this.
khabah is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2021, 7:13 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CT
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 429
Originally Posted by khabah
Hilton is returning to Cancun with the new Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort. Reservations are open from November 7th, 2021, with entry-level rooms available from 436 USD on opening day.

Website for the hotel is available at this link.

khabah
Very excited to see this, booked 3 nights arriving 11/9, was originally scheduled to arrive on 11/7 but had issues with work. Part of a longer trip, staying at the Marriott Cancun Resort for a couple days and then the Hyatt Zilara for a week so it will be fun to compare all 3!
lowfareair, strickerj and candgfan like this.
JRV62 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:22 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 988
Does anyone know what the waterpark will be like? Is it more like Hilton Rosehall, which is a bit disappointment or more like Hilton La Romana, which is more than adequate?
babypuwet is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2021, 4:37 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PHL/EWR
Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
Posts: 223
Has there been any indication of whether or not Covid testing is provided on-site for ease and necessity for return to the the U.S.?
notmypetunia is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:05 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 280
Originally Posted by babypuwet
Does anyone know what the waterpark will be like? Is it more like Hilton Rosehall, which is a bit disappointment or more like Hilton La Romana, which is more than adequate?
very interested n this property as well.

I have not stayed at Rosehall or La romana yet. I am interested in the all inclusive.
Can you give a little more detail about the differences of water park?

I would be going with adults.
Thansk
kerri
Kerrirdh is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:36 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Posts: 547
I've never been to Cancun but am definitely interested in this property.

Without reviews... it really makes it hard to know it's a good choice.... but any idea if this is in a good location? Does it appear to be more of a higher end or low end property?
StangGT909 is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2021, 8:26 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1,199
Booked a week at this property starting Dec 26th using points for 5th night free and 2 free night certificates. Standard reward rooms were available when I booked.
hoipolloi is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2021, 9:10 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Posts: 547
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Booked a week at this property starting Dec 26th using points for 5th night free and 2 free night certificates. Standard reward rooms were available when I booked.

For lack of any concrete info, whats your take on how its going to be?

it seems to be in a remote location, (thats not bad though)

Descriptions of the restaurants sound nice

just curious if it will fee high end like a Conrad as some have said or not
StangGT909 is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:20 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1,199
Originally Posted by StangGT909
For lack of any concrete info, whats your take on how its going to be?

it seems to be in a remote location, (thats not bad though)

Descriptions of the restaurants sound nice

just curious if it will fee high end like a Conrad as some have said or not
I have no idea. But a free (with points) all-inclusive stay at a seemingly decent and new property during the highest peak period ? Yes please !
ceebee100 likes this.
hoipolloi is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:31 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
sent an email and got response from front desk supervisor to confirm that "we provide complimentary Antigen Tests for Guests whose countries of origin are requesting as mandatory that a test be provided upon return. Testing can arranged upon arrival through our Concierge Department."
ceebee100, nk15 and DC9 like this.
theao1977 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:23 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Posts: 547
I booked a stay for over the holidays. Definitely curious how the reviews will shake out between 11/7 and my stay but photos look great and hope for the best !


theres a HGI at the airport that says it opens mid December but is not yet taking reservations. Id be curious to book a night here to extend my trip the night before turning home at a lesser cost than the resort, but its strange they are 2 months out and not accepting reservations
StangGT909 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:15 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DTW
Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Posts: 1,651
Originally Posted by StangGT909
I've never been to Cancun but am definitely interested in this property.

Without reviews... it really makes it hard to know it's a good choice.... but any idea if this is in a good location? Does it appear to be more of a higher end or low end property?
It's outside the core "hotel zone" (the strip of beach with the lagoon behind it), though it appears to actually be pretty close to the airport. Google Maps has a Waldorf Astoria adjoining the Hilton. It seems the coast is getting pretty built up from there all the way to Puerto Morelos. (The new Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun is down that way as well.)

My wife and I have only been once, and we stayed at the Hyatt Ziva in the hotel zone, which is right at the northeast corner with water on 3 sides. I found that to be an ideal location, but if you're planning on staying within the resort, than the actual property probably matters more than the location.
strickerj is offline  
Old Oct 21, 2021, 12:32 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by theao1977
sent an email and got response from front desk supervisor to confirm that "we provide complimentary Antigen Tests for Guests whose countries of origin are requesting as mandatory that a test be provided upon return. Testing can arranged upon arrival through our Concierge Department."
Do you have the email address for the front desk supervisor?
srikrishna84 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:33 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,861
Does this part of Cancun have a shuttle to the beach areas?
rrgg is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2021, 8:05 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 11,469
Originally Posted by StangGT909
I booked a stay for over the holidays. Definitely curious how the reviews will shake out between 11/7 and my stay but photos look great and hope for the best !


theres a HGI at the airport that says it opens mid December but is not yet taking reservations. Id be curious to book a night here to extend my trip the night before turning home at a lesser cost than the resort, but its strange they are 2 months out and not accepting reservations
There is a brand new Residence Inn close to the airport for $82 all in with a nice pool, and a brand new Fairfield Inn at the airport with better pools for $108 all in, I have booked one for a late flight on my checkout day from this property....

Anyone knows if they may give late check outs and at what cost at the Hilton Cancun?

Also, is this property on the Resort list and would spend count for the Aspire credit card Resort credit?
nk15 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.