Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Does Hilton Allow Credit Card Surcharges for US Hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Hilton Allow Credit Card Surcharges for US Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:11 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
We understand your frustration and confusion on this topic. Our hotels are required to follow standards regarding fees charged to our guests and we can confirm there has been no change to these standards. This is an isolated incident and we are addressing with the independently owned and operated property.
Grog, lincolnjkc, HkCaGu and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Hotels are even more frustrating in that not only is the total rate note quoted, tax rates are almost always higher than the local sales tax rate (and vary wildly across the country) and often have extra fees such as resort/destination fees added on.
And the multitude of taxes and fees aren't always easy to find on the website. Many is the time it's taken a lot longer than 30 seconds to find them!
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:19 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Maybe the owner is a small operator
I'd say that is irrelevant for a franchise, especially in a USA hotel. The owner/operator of a franchise still has to meet the expectations of the corporate brand, whether that's awarding HHonors points, using consistent bedding/product, or accepting credit cards with no surcharge. Most McDonald's in the country are franchises and I still would balk if told there was a CC fee.
Grog likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
Hi. My family had a business in NYC in the 60s and we (by law) could not give a discount for cash - but we did add to cost to pay for it. Gas stations did and got taken to federal court (and lost) for giving a cash discount. It was either Clinton (i think) or Carter that allowed it. As for Ca, Federal Law trumps state law

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.