Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

10,000 Free Hilton Honors Points For One Survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10,000 Free Hilton Honors Points For One Survey

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2021, 7:32 am

Thanks, Schwann. That made me laugh for ten minutes. Admittedly, I'm not 100% with it at the moment.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 7:14 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You need to access with a VPN, and in some cases a VPN provider that isn't recognised as such by the survey company.
I'm using a VPN but I get the same "No surveys are available" message. As it is, I'm just giving away all of my personal information without any reward, and apparently no prospects for any reward either.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 6:01 am

You need to access with a VPN, and in some cases a VPN provider that isn't recognised as such by the survey company.
Any VPN recommendations? Every new survey I’m receiving via email, I’m being advised it isn’t ‘available’ after click through!
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any VPN recommendations? Every new survey I’m receiving via email, I’m being advised it isn’t ‘available’ after click through!
Not mine (Nord VPN)! lol Same situation as you...

Under normal circumstances I'd just wait until my next trip over the pond...
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 6:40 pm

If you sign up, be aware that you might get an avalanche of emails. I signed up Friday around noon. Not including the confirmation email, I've gotten 23 emails since that time and this afternoon.

There didn't seem to be a way to limit the emails (without setting up some sort of filter in my email program). It seems to be all or nothing. And by nothing, I mean you have to close your account to opt out of the barrage of daily emails.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I'm using a VPN but I get the same "No surveys are available" message. As it is, I'm just giving away all of my personal information without any reward, and apparently no prospects for any reward either.
Yes VPN doesn’t seem to work either! Will forward the emails (which are constant) to a friend in the US to try, worth a min or two of flaff for 10k.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Anyone from outside US figured out how to bypass? Before a VPN would work with this platform (same for E-Rewards) but recently they've added some extra layer of detection, and can't figure out what it is, even with complete clean and private browser settings.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
If you're a Hilton credit cardholder with a US-issued card, then you're a Hilton creditcard holder, period, regardless of where you live or travel to. Hilton needs to realize that we live in a globalized world and that their cardholders travel and/or can reside abroad as expats and they should not be penalized for that. In this case, blocking VPNs is a provincial approach.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you're a Hilton credit cardholder with a US-issued card, then you're a Hilton creditcard holder, period, regardless of where you live or travel to. Hilton needs to realize that we live in a globalized world and that their cardholders travel and/or can reside abroad as expats and they should not be penalized for that. In this case, blocking VPNs is a provincial approach.
Although I also have my complaints about the US-centric nature of many loyalty programmes, in this case the survey company is far more likely to be dealing with foreigners trying to travel hack their way to some points, than a few US residents temporarily abroad yet wanting to spend some time on surveys...
Grog, writerguyfl and ankomonkey like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:33 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
If you sign up, be aware that you might get an avalanche of emails. I signed up Friday around noon. Not including the confirmation email, I've gotten 23 emails since that time and this afternoon.

There didn't seem to be a way to limit the emails (without setting up some sort of filter in my email program). It seems to be all or nothing. And by nothing, I mean you have to close your account to opt out of the barrage of daily emails.

Just mark then as Junk or Spam. You can just go to the site when you want to check for new surveys. I have an endless list of surveys. All the emails are out of sight, out of mind and i just log on when i want.

im up to 13,000 points. Some have been pretty interesting and they don’t take me long to complete. i find i am getting the full amount for most.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 5:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MarcElMile
Anyone from outside US figured out how to bypass? Before a VPN would work with this platform (same for E-Rewards) but recently they've added some extra layer of detection, and can't figure out what it is, even with complete clean and private browser settings.
I had this done for a bunch of Hilton accounts using devices based in Scandinavia and India earlier this month. Could the block you hit be related to your VPN set-up?

I just had this done again from Denmark and from Sweden, and it wasn't a problem using VPNs on my side. And the emails about survey complete giving 10k points even arrived near immediately after survey completion from these two countries being done over VPNs.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 17, 2021 at 6:13 am
Old Mar 17, 2021, 5:42 am

Although I also have my complaints about the US-centric nature of many loyalty programmes, in this case the survey company is far more likely to be dealing with foreigners trying to travel hack their way to some points, than a few US residents temporarily abroad yet wanting to spend some time on surveys...
I thought the surveys were only available to Hilton credit cardholders, so how could they travel hack points without proof of card membership? If they used a cardholders' identity to access the site, then the cardholder would receive the points, not the hacker, or so I would guess.
Anyway, it's no longer worth my time as I don't want to give my personal information away for free.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I thought the surveys were only available to Hilton credit cardholders, so how could they travel hack points without proof of card membership? If they used a cardholders' identity to access the site, then the cardholder would receive the points, not the hacker, or so I would guess.
Anyway, it's no longer worth my time as I don't want to give my personal information away for free.
The surveys are available to people even without Hilton credit cards. I just had them done again within the last 45 minutes for US Hilton accounts where there are no Hilton credit cards affiliated to the accounts.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I had this done for a bunch of Hilton accounts using devices based in Scandinavia and India earlier this month. Could the block you hit be related to your VPN set-up?

I just had this done again from Denmark and from Sweden, and it wasn't a problem using VPNs on my side. And the emails about survey complete giving 10k points even arrived near immediately after survey completion from these two countries being done over VPNs.
Are you using a commercial VPN provider?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Can someone confirm exactly the line item description for how the bonus points post to our account?

I mixed two things in the same month (10K survey bonus and a 10K Amex bonus coming in the same month)

I received:

3/19/21: "10K Points Bonus Offer" 10,000 points earned
3/22/21: "GUEST OPINION REWARDS BONUS" 50 points earned

I'm guessing these are the survey points as they came relatively the same window, but can someone confirm how the description shows on their account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.