Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton points - is there a catch to getting a reasonable redemption?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton points - is there a catch to getting a reasonable redemption?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Adelphos
If I were you I would book the Hampton with cash if you have it to spare. Including taxes that is a .4 cent per Hilton point redemption, which is bang average at best
And if he pays cash he can get triple points during this summer's 3X points promotions, plus a 50% bonus on base points for a gold member, so 35 points per dollar spent. Plus 14X more points per dollar if using the Aspire card
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Adelphos
If I were you I would book the Hampton with cash if you have it to spare. Including taxes that is a .4 cent per Hilton point redemption, which is bang average at best
I will definitely consider it. Thanks for doing the calculation.

E.T.A.: That didn't take long. Rate has already gone up to $130. I can't find a better rate to do a BRG on, either.

Last edited by hotturnip; Jun 11, 2021 at 5:42 pm
Old Jun 11, 2021, 8:18 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
… I usually book 1 room lower than the room I really want in hopes for an upgrade.
Whereas I will book the room that I’ll be happy with, then any upgrade will be a bonus. 😀
WasKnown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.