Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Situation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by cmd320
I was under the impression that on arrival you still had to show an ID to get the key(s) activated but maybe that's changed since the last time I tried to use a mobile key.
Could've been a covid change? I got a notification when my room was ready, it turned the mobile key green and I went right to the room.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:32 pm

I was under the impression that on arrival you still had to show an ID to get the key(s) activated but maybe that's changed since the last time I tried to use a mobile key.
This has never been a requirement in the UK, there is no need to interact with any employees at all (when Digital Key is working...).
:D! and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
can't you literally check-in, open your room with the mobile key app, check out and not ever interact with a hilton employee? I recently stayed at a Home2 and didn't once stop at the front desk. They would've been none the wiser if it wasn't actually me in that room right?
I grew up in the 94941, and I have a Matt Dillon story, too.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by jcneve
H Fam, here's my situation; I wanted to see if any of you had any pointers:
--I will make Diamond by credit card spend this year (and probably next and next and next....).
--I currently have 58 nights for the year by whatever algorithm they're using (i.e., I have gotten double nights in some cases with the promos)
--I am 2 nights from a 40k bonus (the 60 night bonus)

I don't have any more nights/stays planned this year. While I hate to leave 40k points on the table, getting them (2 nights of points) would cost me more points than the 40k I'd gain and my wife and I don't really have a reason to do anything between now and end of year. Are there any intangibles I'm missing?
Don't forget to look into booking the day rate, where you get 10K points for a single paid stay.
https://localhotelsite.workspacesbyh...-points-offer/
jcneve and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by noneemac
Don't forget to look into booking the day rate, where you get 10K points for a single paid stay.
https://localhotelsite.workspacesbyh...-points-offer/
Does a day rate count as a qualifying night, or in the case of the pre 31st Dec - 2 qualifying nights?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Perhaps skywalkerLAX can clarify, but I'm not sure why anyone would think the suggestion would be to have another person not on the reservation check the guest in. This is not possible.
It’s possible just put them as additional guest and the check in for you (you’re obviously running late or at a meeting, parking the car, spending a penny (or pound) etc)

In the UK no photo ID required to check in, the card is usually enough but not everyone checks that either.

yes day rate gives a night (2 nights at the moment)
noneemac likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Does a day rate count as a qualifying night, or in the case of the pre 31st Dec - 2 qualifying nights?
It's a stay like any other HH stay.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:06 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
A day rate counts as one night, but not if you stay at a Hilton property the same night as it will overlap (several recent threads about this).

In the UK, if your account does not show a UK address, you may be asked for ID to check in. The law actually says that if you would not have been a British subject under the nationality rules in force after 1948, you must give your passport number and place of issue to the hotel, but not necessarily the actual document.

When requesting a digital key for supporting UK hotels on the Hilton app, you are asked for your nationality. If you are not British it could possibly deny the request until you show ID at the front desk.

As a diamond you don't need to validate a credit card to check in, but some hotels insist on it anyway (whether it is a prepaid or pay on checkout rate).
pazza2000 and Leonvomp like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.