Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Hotel Map - WIP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2020, 3:56 pm

Guess I am dense but what is wrong with the one from....uh...Hilton? (https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/hilton/). Built off of Google Maps, filterable on amenities, real-time pricing, etc...this thread seems like a solution in need of a problem.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Guess I am dense but what is wrong with the one from....uh...Hilton? (https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/hilton/). Built off of Google Maps, filterable on amenities, real-time pricing, etc...this thread seems like a solution in need of a problem.
That one from Hilton works well but isn't it only showing "Hilton" branded hotels. OPs solution does a nice job of showing DT, ES and the other brands with one map.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by dlnewbie
That one from Hilton works well but isn't it only showing "Hilton" branded hotels. OPs solution does a nice job of showing DT, ES and the other brands with one map.
Yes, you're right for the link that I originally posted - it was one of the brand-specific ones...if you go to https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/ and click on a country, U.S. State, Canadian Province, etc. then it does pull up a map with all brands. But correct, you have to decide on at least that level - why they can't just have a scrollable version of the whole world, I do not know. So I suppose OP's does have some utility, to the traveler who has no clue where they want to go with even a country-level degree of precision.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Yes, you're right for the link that I originally posted - it was one of the brand-specific ones...if you go to https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/ and click on a country, U.S. State, Canadian Province, etc. then it does pull up a map with all brands. But correct, you have to decide on at least that level - why they can't just have a scrollable version of the whole world, I do not know. So I suppose OP's does have some utility, to the traveler who has no clue where they want to go with even a country-level degree of precision.
Mine is also colour coded.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Thanks for the initiative!

There's been a map located here: https://travelisfree.com/map-of-hilton-hhonors-hotels/
However, the last update was April '19, so it's a little outdated, but should get you at least a grasp of the hotels.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Truffles
So out of date.....
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Delte
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:30 am

Great Work. Very useful. Checked Turkey and Portugal. İmpressed. Thank you!
Old Nov 27, 2020, 8:39 am

why they can't just have a scrollable version of the whole world, I do not know. So I suppose OP's does have some utility, to the traveler who has no clue where they want to go with even a country-level degree of precision.
This.
I look at a world map and decide where to go. That's why I love the OP's HH map/tool. Obviously, right now most countries are closed. But there is still the planning part...
'
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Danny Martello
This.
I look at a world map and decide where to go. That's why I love the OP's HH map/tool. Obviously, right now most countries are closed. But there is still the planning part...
'
And the aspiring part. And the imagining part.

David
Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I hope you are not adding these manually. Hilton has a GraphQL interface that allows to query their current database for hotel information.
The data set returned should include everything you'll need to create your map:
Old Nov 29, 2020, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I hope you are not adding these manually. Hilton has a GraphQL interface that allows to query their current database for hotel information.
The data set returned should include everything you'll need to create your map:
I have to confess I *was* adding them manually. I'm not even sure I can really use your information to be honest, I'm not really very good with Web technologies.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond
@El_Duderito - do you have the URL for this particular feed?
I've dug into the Hilton site and found some availability stuff but looking for a list of hotels like above too. Thanks!

Edit: I think I found it at https://www.hilton.com/graphql/custo...queryType=zone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.