Hilton Honors Hotel Map - WIP

Old Nov 25, 20, 7:34 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Posts: 557
Hilton Honors Hotel Map - WIP

I've been making a map of Hilton group hotels, using the MyMaps feature of google maps. It's not finished yet, but it's close enough now that I feel people may be able to get some use out of it. I also welcome feedback in case I've missed something. I've finished everywhere except most of the US, which is still TBD. I'm currently finishing up California. All other states that have some hotels present should be complete. I should add that I think I messed up on a couple of Hamptons in China, but the Google address database for there is so bad that I really can't be bother tacking that atm.

Without further ado, here's the link https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Oz&usp=sharing

Would love some feedback.
DELee, Zurich, Tocsin and 3 others like this.
Mordac is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 7:42 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,511
I've just taken a brief look at the UK and it looks pretty accurate and useful from a brief play around with it. It looks useful, so I've just bookmarked it now.

Thanks for building and sharing it
RAPC is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 7:43 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
I've just taken a brief look at the UK and it looks pretty accurate and useful from a brief play around with it. It looks useful, so I've just bookmarked it now.

Thanks for building and sharing it
I'm UK based so that'll get a disproportionate share of my attention! Thanks!
Mordac is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 8:43 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: norwich, uk
Programs: hhonors diamond
Posts: 4,292
I’m uk based too, had a look and it’s accurate and impressive....... good work.
wizla is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 8:44 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: JFK/LGA
Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Posts: 5,210
This is very cool. I did notice that when i filter on just Hiltons the one in Saratoga, NY is missing. (I am trying to plan some leisure travel that avoids leaving NY state and this needing to quarantine, hence the reason for looking.)

Actually the issue looks to extend west to PA, OH, and IN as well. But a great idea for a tool.
pauleeepaul is online now  
Old Nov 25, 20, 9:15 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul View Post
This is very cool. I did notice that when i filter on just Hiltons the one in Saratoga, NY is missing. (I am trying to plan some leisure travel that avoids leaving NY state and this needing to quarantine, hence the reason for looking.)

Actually the issue looks to extend west to PA, OH, and IN as well. But a great idea for a tool.
That's because I haven't done any of those states yet! Like I said it's a work in progress.
Mordac is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 9:22 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 138
This is very useful. Thanks for sharing!
KRUXED is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 9:24 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 256
Awesome work, that is useful. Note that you have truncated the name of DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich to just "DoubleTree by Hilton".

Now, if you can add a filter on "points required for standard reward room" I will buy you a pint.
notakeenflyer is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 10:22 am
  #9  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Posts: 4,008
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer View Post
Awesome work, that is useful. Note that you have truncated the name of DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich to just "DoubleTree by Hilton".

Now, if you can add a filter on "points required for standard reward room" I will buy you a pint.
Not wanting to piss on the OP's bonfire, but doesn't Awardmapper already do that ?

[sorry OP]
Stewie Mac is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 10:27 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: JFK/LGA
Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Posts: 5,210
Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
That's because I haven't done any of those states yet! Like I said it's a work in progress.
Apologies
pauleeepaul is online now  
Old Nov 25, 20, 10:37 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 256
So it does; another useful tool! To rekindle the OP's flame, I like the filter by sub-brand options. If I'm trying to find somewhere nice to take the family for week or two, I probably don't want a Hampton, for example.
notakeenflyer is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 11:24 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Programs: LH Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
Not wanting to piss on the OP's bonfire, but doesn't Awardmapper already do that ?

[sorry OP]
And Globe Trot on Points

https://www.globetrotonpoints.info/m...-honors-hotels
Truffles is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 11:45 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
Not wanting to piss on the OP's bonfire, but doesn't Awardmapper already do that ?

[sorry OP]
Yeah, but it's massively out of date, which was what motivated me to make my own map in the first place. That and I specifically wanted a filter by brand view.

Originally Posted by notakeenflyer View Post
So it does; another useful tool! To rekindle the OP's flame, I like the filter by sub-brand options. If I'm trying to find somewhere nice to take the family for week or two, I probably don't want a Hampton, for example.

Thanks! As above, that was one of my main motivators. I wish I could have had one layer for brand, but Google limits you to 10 layers, so I grouped the Luxury brands in one, and the "boutique" ones in another.
Mordac is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 12:26 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Programs: HHonors Diamond
Posts: 406
I find this very helpful. Thank you for your great work!
Zurich is offline  
Old Nov 25, 20, 2:02 pm
  #15  
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sheen, London
Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Posts: 4,999
There's also https://www.screwtheaverage.com/blog...iott-spg-hyatt (I saved the link when that blogger registered here to promote their blog)

and https://travelisfree.com/complete-maps/ but I don't think he's updated for a couple of years.

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
Not wanting to piss on the OP's bonfire, but doesn't Awardmapper already do that ?

[sorry OP]
Awardmapper has a nice user interface, but its information is severely out of date; I used both the sites above to plan my travel a few years back and at the time awardmapper was already unreliable.
:D! is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: