Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Gold Status Breakfast Perk in 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plan

Hi all!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, on another thread, but for those with Gold/Diamond, how different is the complimentary breakfast perk in full-service hotels (Hilton, DoubleTree, Garden Inn, etc)?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Each individual hotel does it differently. Some have table service. Some have assisted buffets. Some just throw a paper bag at you with a muffin and banana. The brand is mostly irrelevant to how each hotel decides to proceed.

It isn't relevant to generalise.... Check the individual hotel threads and/or Tripadvisor if you are planning travel.
The _Banking_Scot and :D! like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: LH HON
Asia and Europe has been generous in my experience - as in no differentiation to paid breakfast buffets as opposed to the US, where some locations really take it seriously with their "continental" breakfast approach.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Each individual hotel does it differently. Some have table service. Some have assisted buffets. Some just throw a paper bag at you with a muffin and banana. The brand is mostly irrelevant to how each hotel decides to proceed.

It isn't relevant to generalise.... Check the individual hotel threads and/or Tripadvisor if you are planning travel.
+1 Have stayed at about 5 Hiltons over the last two months and the offerings were all over the board. As stated above best to check with the hotel directly if this is an important amenity to you. Also would not trust the website in this case
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:22 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Definitely check directly with the properties- in the US some have just closed their F&B altogether and simply aren’t offering any breakfast, and aren’t doing anything additional as a gesture.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I've had one stay since this all started. A Doubletree had takeout boxes containing a piece of fruit, a cereal bar, and a yogurt. I was also offered a bottle of water or bottle of juice.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
As others said, it's down to individual hotels. Recently stayed in the Hilton Belfast and the breakfast option was an assisted buffet. Next week in the Conrad Algarve so quite curious how it will work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.