Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Back to back reservations - points + cash

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I had a question about back to back reservations at the same property, under the same name, with the same type of room. Would there be any issue, if for example, 5 nights were reward nights, and the following 5 nights were paid for with cash?

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nothing that can't be sorted out later. (sometimes you don't get all 10 nights elite credit or your points or whatever, but what you're doing is perfectly legitimate and the hotel will rarely make you change rooms)
Old Sep 17, 2020, 3:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I've done different bookings such as this at different properties. My experiences have ranged from seamless (the check-in clerk takes care of it) to returning to the room when told everything was ok and being told that I've overstayed (receiving a check-out email, key not working etc.). Thankfully nothing as far as moving belongings yet.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I suggest letting them know when you check in to avoid any confusion on the 5th day.
Cliff358 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Whenever I’ve done this I’ve been able to stay in the same room, however I think each time I’ve needed to go back to the front desk on the first am of the second reservation to get new keys.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Whenever I’ve done this I’ve been able to stay in the same room, however I think each time I’ve needed to go back to the front desk on the first am of the second reservation to get new keys.
Same experience for me last month, Hampton Skokie. Apparently the points reservation had to be a separate reservation from the cash reservation, hence the need to get new keys (or recode the existing keys to the new reservation). Called the front desk ahead of time just to make sure they knew it was the same party and to confirm we could stay in the same room.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
I've done this a few times without problems.
On checking in I mention my second reservation and ask the front desk to link them. I usually have to get the key recoded on the morning of the changeover.
I sometimes get a separate bill for each reservation, but it counts as one stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.