Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Impresario

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Smiley90
You say that now, but I've just had a front desk manager at a Conrad telling me that not only Virtuoso, but also Impresario rates are ineligible for any elite benefits. I'm more than a little bit annoyed - especially because the front desk agent when I checked in specifically told me I'd get them, but now that's apparently gone poof. I plan to email corporate about this when the trip is over. And my TA. And FT. And anyone else who will listen to my rant!

SteveWhite88 , has this ever happened to you/a client of yours?
Which Conrad is this?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
You say that now, but I've just had a front desk manager at a Conrad telling me that not only Virtuoso, but also Impresario rates are ineligible for any elite benefits. I'm more than a little bit annoyed - especially because the front desk agent when I checked in specifically told me I'd get them, but now that's apparently gone poof. I plan to email corporate about this when the trip is over. And my TA. And FT. And anyone else who will listen to my rant!

SteveWhite88 , has this ever happened to you/a client of yours?
Never - 100% complain, they are definitely eligible - it is a Hilton Program! Sounds like poorly trained staff.
lsquare and Smiley90 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Cynicor
What nonsense from the hotel. Ask for the GM. Those rates are eligible; it’s the only reason to book, as a diamond.
Originally Posted by SteveWhite88
Never - 100% complain, they are definitely eligible - it is a Hilton Program! Sounds like poorly trained staff.
That's what I was thinking, thank you for the confirmation. It was very weird because when I asked the front desk agent to confirm with a supervisor, I got a message from "This is the Assistant Director of Front Office, Sir", which sounded very authoritative and I was slightly taken aback.

Originally Posted by lsquare
Which Conrad is this?
Conrad DC.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:23 am

Complain

A Conrad overseas tried to claim that impresario was a travel agent rate and not eligible for points. Hilton diamond desk was useless even when I sent them info on impressario from their own websites. My travel agent had to get the matter escalated and it was ultimately resolved in my favor.
lgormley likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nolala
A Conrad overseas tried to claim that impresario was a travel agent rate and not eligible for points. Hilton diamond desk was useless even when I sent them info on impressario from their own websites. My travel agent had to get the matter escalated and it was ultimately resolved in my favor.
My TA has reached out to their Hilton liason to check up on what exactly is happening at the Conrad DC, I'll update when I hear back. TA agreed that it's completely unacceptable. Being denied points is an even worse affront to the rules than bring denied elite benefits though, arguably!
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
My TA has reached out to their Hilton liason to check up on what exactly is happening at the Conrad DC, I'll update when I hear back. TA agreed that it's completely unacceptable. Being denied points is an even worse affront to the rules than bring denied elite benefits though, arguably!
You're scaring me from ever booking through Impresario. Is your TA on FT?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
You're scaring me from ever booking through Impresario. Is your TA on FT?
Nope, not on FT, but seriously - this is much more likely to be one off bad staff than it is anything that should scare you off Impresario. SteveWhite will have vastly more experience with this than my one bad data point. and I did still get 63'000 points for the stay thanks to the 3X promo so I'm not complaining too much about the... Uh... 70 USD I missed out on.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:54 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Does the Conrad Koh Samui not participate in Stay 3, Pay 2?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Nope, not on FT, but seriously - this is much more likely to be one off bad staff than it is anything that should scare you off Impresario. SteveWhite will have vastly more experience with this than my one bad data point. and I did still get 63'000 points for the stay thanks to the 3X promo so I'm not complaining too much about the... Uh... 70 USD I missed out on.
I have never had this happen to a client before and I book a ton of Impresario - so extremely rare that it would happen.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Bumping this thread, I’m new to the Impresario concept but want to learn. I’m not keen on using travel agents,, the thought of having to email for information about rates and wait for a reply freaks me out. I prefer to book online preferably HH app, but some deals are too good to miss. Does anyone know agents who offer an online search tool or even booking? Or UK based agents with a good track record for quick response? Thanks!
late to the conversation here but I felt exactly the same way before I found Lewincg here on FT. At first I was just looking at what rates he could provide as I wanted to compare them to Amex FHR.

Lewin’s rate ended up being more competitive than Amex FHR. I’ve since bothered him numerous times for other bookings in the last year. He’s actually located in the UK, and I’m in Australia so waiting for his replies always makes me anxious but he always comes through and he never makes me feel like I’m too much of a hassle.

I hadn’t used travel agents prior to Lewin but would definitely recommend his services.

He just saved me about $1,500 aud total on a 5 night stay in Tokyo so yeah, I’m pretty happy right now.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:22 am

The question that seems to present itself is with the food and beverage credit for elites . Is the elite credit stackable with Impresario benefits ?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
The question that seems to present itself is with the food and beverage credit for elites . Is the elite credit stackable with Impresario benefits ?
According to Gilbert Ott, they do: https://www.godsavethepoints.com/hil...uxury-program/
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:06 am

The Conrad DC specifically told me you cannot stack the Diamond credit with the Impresario credit / breakfast - so you get 30 per day breakfast credit from Impresario and the 100 stay credit from Impresario but no Diamond F and B credit .
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
The Conrad DC specifically told me you cannot stack the Diamond credit with the Impresario credit / breakfast - so you get 30 per day breakfast credit from Impresario and the 100 stay credit from Impresario but no Diamond F and B credit .

Hey, I had this exact same experience with the Conrad DC if you look up thread. My TA reached out to her Hilton TA but I don't know if anything actually came of it. This seems to be a property-specific problem with the Conrad DC, so I'd just avoid booking that property. But it SHOULD be stackable for all (most?) Other properties.
Mister Nice likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:23 pm

2023 Imressario question

Hi. I see that most Impressario offers are listed up to March 31, 2023. I am planning trips for May-June 2023. Historically, when do new offers get posted? Thanks, JF13

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.