Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Impresario

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by m0s1n0
It very much depends on the property and offers available. I'd say that neither Impresario is always the better deal than booking direct, nor the other way. Let's take the current 3for2 / 4for3 that make Impresario the better deal in pretty much any case. Yet, without promotions and a nice Hilton Sale with a huge discount for members going on, this would be the better day if the stay is longer than two or three nights as the savings will be higher than the credit if you are Diamond. If you don't have a status, Impresario is better pretty much anytime though due to the breakfast.

Yet, it's worth noting that the double points through Impresario can be relevant as well for the calculation. Plus, the upgrade for Impresario bookings can often be better for status members than just "normal" direct bookings. This is not guaranteed or anything, but double or triple upgrades are more likely in the combination, at least in my experience at dozens properties worldwide.
Thanks for your detailed reply - I'm curious what the 4 for 3 promotion you're referring to right now. Is that a promo that Impressario has at select properties?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kthpence
Thanks for your detailed reply - I'm curious what the 4 for 3 promotion you're referring to right now. Is that a promo that Impressario has at select properties?
Numerous properties, particularly those in Asia and some in Europe, have an offer through Impresario for a 4th night free. Properties in North America have an offer where you receive a $200 credit and confirmed room upgrade on two nights or more.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Le Club Gold, Leaders Club
If you scroll up a bit, you can find an overview of properties in North America & Asia offering a promotion through Impresario agents posted by bcosinteno.

Furthermore, all properties in Europe (aside from the WA Amsterdam) offer a 3for2, all properties in the Middle East offer a 4for3 (+ Algarve, which isn't participating in the 3for2), all until 30th of December 2021.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:34 pm

I recently stayed on what I thought was an Impressario rate booked with my travel agent at a Conrad in Mexico. The rate was supposed to include double hilton points, but apparently the booking was coded as "Virtuoso" and not Impressario, and thus, I was told we aren't going to earn double hilton points. Was this a mistake potentially made on my TA's side, or is this something I can follow up with the Diamond desk about and have rectified?

Last edited by kthpence; Mar 29, 2021 at 8:29 pm
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I recently stayed on what I thought was an Impressario rate booked with my travel agent at a Conrad in Mexico. The rate was supposed to include double hilton points, but apparently the booking was coded as "Virtuoso" and not Impressario, and thus, I was told we aren't going to earn double hilton points. Was this a mistake potentially made on my TA's side, or is this something I can follow up with the Diamond desk about and have rectified?8.7.1
Yeah, there is nothing the Diamond desk can do. The rate codes and programs are very different, so it sounds like a., your advisor made a mistake or b., your advisor doesn’t have access to Impresario as the program is still invite only.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I recently stayed on what I thought was an Impressario rate booked with my travel agent at a Conrad in Mexico. The rate was supposed to include double hilton points, but apparently the booking was coded as "Virtuoso" and not Impressario, and thus, I was told we aren't going to earn double hilton points. Was this a mistake potentially made on my TA's side, or is this something I can follow up with the Diamond desk about and have rectified?
That appears to be a mistake by the travel agent.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
I noticed there is no dedicated thread in the Hilton forum concerning Hilton Impresario, so I thought I would go ahead and start one. This is Hilton's version of Marriott STARS or Hyatt Privé. It is available at nearly all (there are a few exceptions) Conrad, Waldorf Astoria and LXR Collection Hotels. Benefits (listed below) are of course only available on paid stays when booking the Hilton Impresario rate through a Hilton Impresario advisor/travel agent.

Here are the benefits of the program:
  • Complimentary room upgrade, if available (at check-in)
  • $100 USD property credit, once per stay
  • Daily complimentary full breakfast per room/suite, for two
  • Priority for early check-in and late check-out, if available
  • Double Hilton Honors Points on all Impresario rates
Which properties are the exception? Do you have a complete list of participating properties like with your Hyatt Prive thread?

Is Conrad Hong Kong participating?

Will the double points from Impresario stack with Hilton's global promotion such as the double/triple points on one and three-night stays?
Old May 8, 2021, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Which properties are the exception? Do you have a complete list of participating properties like with your Hyatt Prive thread?

Is Conrad Hong Kong participating?

Will the double points from Impresario stack with Hilton's global promotion such as the double/triple points on one and three-night stays?
The only property not participating out of the whole portfolio currently is the Conrad Macao, some properties in China furthermore do not make all room categories available, but generally all are participating. HK is fully o nboard.

As usual, all promos are also valid for Impresario bookings. Thus, you get double points for Impresario, plus double / triple points for the promo (makes triple or quadruple points in total), if you have a status it's even up to five times the base points.
Old May 8, 2021, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only property not participating out of the whole portfolio currently is the Conrad Macao, some properties in China furthermore do not make all room categories available, but generally all are participating. HK is fully onboard.
It's great to know that Conrad Hong Kong is onboard. Maybe there should be a Wiki in this thread. Which properties in China do not make all room categories available?

As usual, all promos are also valid for Impresario bookings. Thus, you get double points for Impresario, plus double / triple points for the promo (makes triple or quadruple points in total), if you have a status it's even up to five times the base points.
That's what another person said in another thread. I guess this is the confirmation that I need. That's insane. I'm currently a Diamond so on a three-night stay, I'm getting 100% bonus, triple points through global promotion, double points through Impresario, and 14x from my AMEX Aspire?

Do you know if the second room booked through Impresario will count towards my base points which gets me closer to lifetime status?
Old May 8, 2021, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
It's great to know that Conrad Hong Kong is onboard. Maybe there should be a Wiki in this thread. Which properties in China do not make all room categories available?

That's what another person said in another thread. I guess this is the confirmation that I need. That's insane. I'm currently a Diamond so on a three-night stay, I'm getting 100% bonus, triple points through global promotion, double points through Impresario, and 14x from my AMEX Aspire?

Do you know if the second room booked through Impresario will count towards my base points which gets me closer to lifetime status?
There's never any difference between Impresario and a direct booking, so the second room counts as much for base points as it does when booked directly with Hilton. It might sound insane, but it is in fact reality.

Regarding China: I know from experience that Guagnzhou and Beijing are problematic, but as there are so many new properties popping up, I can't tell you from my head which others might limit Impresario to certain categories.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's never any difference between Impresario and a direct booking, so the second room counts as much for base points as it does when booked directly with Hilton. It might sound insane, but it is in fact reality.

Regarding China: I know from experience that Guagnzhou and Beijing are problematic, but as there are so many new properties popping up, I can't tell you from my head which others might limit Impresario to certain categories.
I've never booked a second room before so I don't know how that would work with regards to the base points. So I'm effectively doubling my base points by booking two rooms then?
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:39 am

Hi,

I wonder that Impresario double hilton points is double base points ? or just base points + bonus (base) points ?
coz it will make a big different when combine with triple point promotions ..

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnwick
Hi,

I wonder that Impresario double hilton points is double base points ? or just base points + bonus (base) points ?
coz it will make a big different when combine with triple point promotions ..

Thanks
Its 1x base like all forms of double or triple calculations
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Bumping this thread, I’m new to the Impresario concept but want to learn. I’m not keen on using travel agents,, the thought of having to email for information about rates and wait for a reply freaks me out. I prefer to book online preferably HH app, but some deals are too good to miss. Does anyone know agents who offer an online search tool or even booking? Or UK based agents with a good track record for quick response? Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Let me say there are many Impresario agents out there that do a good job, some active in the various forums. Where they are based may not matter that much, rather if they got good connections to the property / properties you are looking to book.

I have used Emyr Thomas from Bon Vivant (can Google) who was very helpful and responsive and he is UK based as you were looking for someone there. He is also recommended by Rob (Raffles on FT) who runs the Heads for Points blog in the UK. Just an option, please do make your own decision.
Winniesbestfriend likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.