Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Siemens 1,000 Points Corp Offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:26 pm

I have an unexplained extra 1,000 points from a check-out yesterday.

However I can't see what it is, because neither the app or the website show full details of the stay.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
I also got it twice on a three night stay in Riyadh this week.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Received the Siemens 1,000 points bonus on a Points Redemption Stay at an HGI in Pennsylvania this weekend. I figured it was a glitch on the part of the property, guess I was wrong
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL, B6, Hilton, Marriott, LaQuinta
Same issue here. Stayed at a Hampton in OK and got 2x 1000 Siemens points.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:05 pm

Same here. Stayed 3 nights received 3000 Siemens points. Thanks Siemens!
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by modernflyer
Same here. Stayed 3 nights received 3000 Siemens points. Thanks Siemens!
You are welcome!

But I do wonder why I as a Siemens employee only got 2000 Siemens points for my 3 nights.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:04 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Same here - 2 nights at Da Nang.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Got it for two stays earlier this week; a Hilton stay in Belfast and one in Templepatrick, it is 'missing' for my last thursday-friday Hilton stay this week in Belfast.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:28 am

I got it too! Wonder what the best course of action is...report it and risk them screwing up my account trying to remove it, or stay quiet and risk being accused of fraud...
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I got it too! Wonder what the best course of action is...report it and risk them screwing up my account trying to remove it, or stay quiet and risk being accused of fraud...

Keep quiet.

Always better to ask forgiveness, than permission.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by shillard
Keep quiet.

Always better to ask forgiveness, than permission.
Not sure if that is true when dealing with unilateral contract terms where one party has the right to terminate your account whenever they feel like it.

This does feel sufficiently systemic - the fact that many FTers (with FT itself being an extremely small sample size) have had this happen seems to indicate such - that sitting tight and waiting for a systemic solution / response does feel to be the best course of action.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed, this will be sorted automatically in due time Im sure.
shillard likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:41 pm

IT's an error on their part. They may claw them back and they may leave them.
shillard likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Why on earth would you bother reporting anything when it clearly is a system problem. SMH.
shillard likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Why on earth would you bother reporting anything when it clearly is a system problem. SMH.
Well, for one, there is a subset of people out there who you may be surprised to see still cling to the antiquated notion of "doing the right thing" and not taking something they didn't earn.

Beyond any ethical arguments, inaction itself can be deemed an offense, and if someone is aware of an inappropriate bonus being received and takes no step to rectify it, this itself could be deemed grounds for punitive actions.

Moreover, from a risk-management perspective, the question is if one is fully confident that Hilton does not have any automated fraud sweep algorithms built into its system. If a bot somewhere picks up a bonus inconsistent with rate type history and customer profile, it could perhaps move to lock or close the account. Hilton reserves the right to do so unilaterally. Is even a 1% risk of this, and losing hundreds of thousands of points or spending weeks fighting to get an account restored, worth it, when perhaps it might be possible to get out ahead of it with an email or call to someone?

I simply wanted to open up a discussion on the topic, but your digression into the ad hominem was predictable, I suppose.
lincolnjkc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.