Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Siemens 1,000 Points Corp Offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Siemens 1,000 Points Corp Offer

Looking at my points activity page, I see that for each of my last two stays I received 1,000 bonus points categorized as "Siemens 1,000 Points Corp Offer."

I have no idea why I'm getting these points. I have no connection to Siemens, and don't recall having seen or signed up for any offer related to Siemens.

Any idea what this is? Is anyone else experiencing this "problem"?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:10 pm

Are you using a corp rate of any sort, or any special rate code for that matter? Is there a chance that a human or machine could have "fat fingered" a code or had un-cleared data in a field (e.g. a corporate travel agency like AMEX GBT or CWT that serves many clients)?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

No... It was a AAA rate, picked off of the menu on the Hilton App when making the reservation.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:09 pm

Same here on most recent stay. However, the MyWay bonus is missing. Something definitely goofed up.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Interesting... I received both the My Way bonus and this mystery bonus. But glad to hear that other people have been hit by this. My fear would be that if the problem is unique to my account, I might be blamed for it and get in trouble with Honors (doubt that would happen for something so small and random, but you never know what their audit software looks for).
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
I got both the MyWay and Siemens on a check-out from Tuesday.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Same here on most recent stay. However, the MyWay bonus is missing. Something definitely goofed up.
Correction: this was an HGI stay w/breakfast, so no MyWay earned. Siemens random bonus appeared tho, as noted by others. Odd.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
I got this plus the myway bonus at an embassy suites stay this week. The stay was on points, but I bought something at the pantry to ensure the myway bonus kicked in. I got 1000 points Siemens points for each night of the stay. Very strange.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:04 am

Received this Siemens bonus too on a HHonors Sale Rate at Doubletree Docklands London - guess it’s another Hilton IT glitch lol
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
It could have been as sick as "let's give SIemens bonus to everybody except Siemens employees" but no - I work for Siemens, use our corporate code and even I did get the bonus.

The weird thing is I got it twice on my 3-night stay. Once (1000p per stay) would make sense, three times (1000p per night) would make sense but twice?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: AMEX MR, Southwest, HH Diamond, M Life, Hertz, Amtrak
Confirmed. Two mystery Siemens lines of 1000 points each on recent stay of 2 nights. Received all other points as I should.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Stay this week have the same for each night of the stay (S-AAA rate plan and OWTN room type) with all other points (including my next 10k points unlimited and MyWay) posting as expected.
Stay week before last at the same property, in the same room, with the same rate plan posted normally

Seems like someone coded the bonus to the wrong rate plan(s) - Wonder how long before they get clawed back?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Plat
Same thing happened to me as well for a stay 2 nights ago.

Booked via the App @ the double points rate; Everything else calculated out as expected,
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Me too, received this after my stay at Doubletree Cambridge belfry last Sunday
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: HH D
I'm using the Android App. My last HGI stay was exactly 5000 points, about 1000 more than expected. One of the improvements of the current Android App is: it won't give any more detail of a stay except for base and total points. So now I have to login to the website, which is about 15 clicks and typing 20 characters extra. And yes, it says: Siemens 1,000 Points Corp Offer. Without this thread, I wouldn't even have noticed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.