Wiki Posts
Search

Status change mid stay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:10 am
Used to be magnumpi
Original Poster

Status change mid stay

Hi, we have a upcoming stay at the end of March in Asia however I will be Diamond at checkin but will drop to silver mid stay just wondering what to expect re lounge and breakfast benefits after my status drops mid stay.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Smart Flyer
Hi, we have a upcoming stay at the end of March in Asia however I will be Diamond at checkin but will drop to silver mid stay just wondering what to expect re lounge and breakfast benefits after my status drops mid stay.
Nothing will happen.

The hotel will see that you're Diamond at check-in and provide associated Diamond benefits for your entire stay. Unless they just happen to re-flash your status mid-stay (not likely) they most likely won't even know about any status change. They're not going to give you an upgraded room and lounge access then take it away mid-stay, or anything like that.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Smart Flyer
This happened to me last year while staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Checked in on March 29 as Diamond and checked out on April 2 as Gold. The only thing that happened was the points I earned for the stay were on the Gold multiplier (80%) instead of Diamond (100%). They also didn't award me my MyWay points for the stay because I had been using the breakfast benefit (Diamond gets both, Gold has the choice between the two). Kind of frustrating, but didn't find the few points I lost out on worth the hassle of arguing with an agent with.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:52 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by jwvw89
This happened to me last year while staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Checked in on March 29 as Diamond and checked out on April 2 as Gold. The only thing that happened was the points I earned for the stay were on the Gold multiplier (80%) instead of Diamond (100%). They also didn't award me my MyWay points for the stay because I had been using the breakfast benefit (Diamond gets both, Gold has the choice between the two). Kind of frustrating, but didn't find the few points I lost out on worth the hassle of arguing with an agent with.
I wonder what would have happened if you made two separate reservations. Obviously they get combined into one stay but if you check out on 30 March as Diamond the points for that stay would credit first, including the myway bonus. Would the diamond multiplier and the myway bonus be removed when the second reservation posts??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.